ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Recommend Me A Teasmade* (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1024451-recommend-me-a-teasmade.html)

joz8968 11 May 2015 07:39 PM

Recommend Me A Teasmade*

RECOMMEND ME A TEASMADE*...!!!

...Preferably, one that pumps/ejects the water from the 'kettle' into the cup/mug (like the 70s Goblin ones did)... So that I'll have to do minimal 'prep' when woken up by it - i.e. just stir the **** lol :D

I've been researching and so far this one seems to fit my criteria:

http://1coolkitchengadgets.blogspot....le-vcf042.html

http://www.teasmade.info/wp-content/...up-reduced.jpg

Anyone own it?

* I always thought it was 'teasmaid', but you get more hits on google/eBay if you enter 'teasmade'... :wonder: I guess both terms 'work', when you think about it. :S

fat-thomas 11 May 2015 07:40 PM

kick the mrs out of bed..............job done

joz8968 11 May 2015 07:50 PM

Single.

:o

Turbohot 11 May 2015 08:46 PM

Hang on. This is madness!

How long does it take to get yourself out of bed and put the kettle on, man? Don't expect your tea making gizmo to wake you up with a tea ready for you! Get your butt out of your bed, get to the kitchen to put the kettle on and make a nice cuppa yourself! Jesus! I've never heard of such laziness in my whole life!

Next you'll be looking for a robot to wipe your butt after you doing your business in bed! Some people! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Anyway, in that machine, I see that one on the left is tea. But what's the other mug full of? Coffee? :confused:

fat-thomas 11 May 2015 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11680184)
Hang on. This is madness!

How long does it take to get yourself out of bed and put the kettle on, man? Don't expect your tea making gizmo to wake you up with a tea ready for you! Get your butt out of your bed, get to the kitchen to put the kettle on and make a nice cuppa yourself! Jesus! I've never heard of such laziness in my whole life!

Next you'll be looking for a robot to wipe your butt after you doing your business in bed! Some people! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Anyway, in that machine, I see that one on the left is tea. But what's the other mug full of? Coffee? :confused:

If he had a women no need to do any of the above....

Turbohot 11 May 2015 08:50 PM

Also, it should be called 'Tea Maker', simple as. Teasmade, Teamaid, Teamad, Justmad etc. should be the brands for the gadget. If that's how it is, anyway, then jolly good. :thumb:

Turbohot 11 May 2015 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11680191)
If he had a women no need to do any of the above....

HAHA! :D Which ancient century you're stuck in, Thomas?? :D

No woman of this century will be with you to perform these 'duties' for you, you know. DIY is the best bet for men these days, matey. :D

fat-thomas 11 May 2015 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11680196)

No woman of this century will be with you to perform these 'duties' for you, you know. DIY is the best bet for men these days, matey. :D

No no no.
If he had a woman there would be no need for him to clog up scoobynet with such threads as which teas made,iron,cooker, hoover etc.

A woman covers all these and more such as child minder and pub taxi

Turbohot 11 May 2015 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11680201)
No no no.
If he had a woman there would be no need for him to clog up scoobynet with such threads as which teas made,iron,cooker, hoover etc.

A woman covers all these and more such as child minder and pub taxi

Sorry, I thought your posts suggested that if he had a woman, she would make and bring him a cuppa to his bed, and wipe his butt as well while at it. :D If that's not what you mean, I agree that it would help if he had a woman. He could always consult with her which tea making machine, vac or iron to buy next that he can handle the best. But as we're all his internet mates here on SN, He can always ask us, and we can sort his head out about these things here, can't we? :D

fat-thomas 11 May 2015 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11680206)
Sorry, I thought your posts suggested that if he had a woman, she would make and bring him a cuppa to his bed, and wipe his butt as well while at it. :D If that's not what you mean, I agree that it would help if he had a woman. He could always consult with her which tea making machine, vac or iron to buy next that he can handle the best. But as we're all his internet mates here on SN, He can always ask us, and we can sort his head out about these things here, can't we? :D

No I meant if he had a woman to do the menial tasks mentioned he could do other more interesting stuff.

After all yiu don't have a dog and bark yourself now do you?

alcazar 11 May 2015 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11680196)

I should bloody hope not....a woman of this century would be fifteen max:eek:

Turbohot 11 May 2015 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11680212)
No I meant if he had a woman to do the menial tasks mentioned he could do other more interesting stuff.

After all yiu don't have a dog and bark yourself now do you?

So, I did get you right, then. :D

You won't get a woman to do menial tasks for you, him or anybody, you know. Not in this day and age. Also, you don't compare women with dogs, either. They're not some faithful animals, they're humans, like you men are, you know. He can make his own tea, while his wimmins can do some other interesting stuff. :thumb: :D

Turbohot 11 May 2015 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11680222)
I should bloody hope not....a woman of this century would be fifteen max:eek:

I don't geddit^! :wonder:

alcazar 11 May 2015 09:27 PM

We've only been in the 21st century 15 years...so a woman of this century can be max 15.....?

fat-thomas 11 May 2015 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11680231)
So, I did get you right, then. :D

You won't get a woman to do menial tasks for you, him or anybody, you know. Not in this day and age. Also, you don't compare women with dogs, either. They're not some faithful animals, they're humans, like you men are, you know. He can make his own tea, while his wimmins can do some other interesting stuff. :thumb: :D

Of course you can....its all in the training,treat em mean to keep em keen.
Joz obviously has an Ickle winky to explain his singldum teasmade conundrum

Turbohot 11 May 2015 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11680236)

Sexist! :mad: :lol1:

Also, lol at 'singldum teasmade conundrum'. :lol1:

donny andi 11 May 2015 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11680236)

Short term ban over and done with :lol1: :thumb:

Turbohot 11 May 2015 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11680235)
We've only been in the 21st century 15 years...so a woman of this century can be max 15.....?

You do know what I meant, come on. :D

I meant that women from the post-modern centuries aren't slaves to men, as Mr. Fat Thomas suggests.

lozgti1 12 May 2015 12:42 AM

Teasmade...lol.Takes me back to things like Ronco at Christmas

Happy days:thumb:

Oh, and K-Tel

riiidaa 12 May 2015 01:46 AM

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/maid-...a-19570084.jpg

joz8968 12 May 2015 02:52 AM

lol at all of the above.

TH, I'm dead to the world in the mornings, and can't even find the time to make a cuppa. A TEA MAKER would sort me out good and proper...... Well, right up until I'd inevitably scold myself due to being in a sleepy stupor, that is. :cuckoo:

joz8968 12 May 2015 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 11680343)
Teasmade...lol.Takes me back to things like Ronco at Christmas

Happy days:thumb:

Oh, and K-Tel

:lol1: Totally.

Who remembers that strange clothes brush thing, with the 180deg rotatable head?

And that weird button fastener thing?

lol @ 0:42

Turbohot 12 May 2015 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11680358)
lol at all of the above.

TH, I'm dead to the world in the mornings, and can't even find the time to make a cuppa. A TEA MAKER would sort me out good and proper...... Well, right up until I'd inevitably scold myself due to being in a sleepy stupor, that is. :cuckoo:

OK.

However......

My 75 YO mother in-law is a very ill lady, with a number of serious problems with her. She has been staying in bed a lot of late due to her chest infection atm. I thought of getting her another TV to wall mount on her bedroom wall (she has a big one in her living room), so that she can entertain herself with her telly while resting in bed. My daughter strictly forbade me to buy one for her, as her grandma is already very minimal with her mobility. She has been advised to take at least two fifteen minute walks a day, which she can, but she doesn't; even if one offers her to go with her. In her case, I totally understand why my daughter doesn't want to encourage further cut in her grandma's physical movements, otherwise she'd never get out of her bed, and will become worse with bed sores and psychologically develop the sense of passivity for doing any physical stuff that she's still capable of.

All I'm saying is that physical movement should be encouraged, and efforts should be made to move about with any damn excuse tbh. Otherwise, people become dependent on these self-operating gadgets, which can be unhelpful for health in long run.

You're quite young in your 40's, and not ill or anything. So, I don't see why you need that Tea Maker thing. For people like me, getting out of bed is also a part of waking up. I don't think I wake up fully until I've had my first mug of tea that I make via the traditional method i.e. going downstairs to the kitchen, putting the kettle on and so on. Then again, if your work is quite physical as it is, and if you want to add a bit of a relaxation/luxury to life with this Tea Maker thingy, go for it. :thumb: To me, it's a disabling gadget.

joz8968 12 May 2015 03:32 PM

Yeah, but I'd STILL have to get up for work, regardless. So, better to get up with a cuppa inside me. :cool:

Even at the weekends, if I were to use it, I'd still get up at my normal time... But just AFTER a nice, warm cuppa, that's all. :thumb:

f1_fan 12 May 2015 06:26 PM

A ****ing teasmade??????? You ****ing heathen!!!!

Get up 10 minutes earlier than normal, boil a cup of water, infuse your Assam leaves in the pot for a full 6 minutes, but remember to let the water cool to 95 degrees or less before adding it and then enjoy real tea :thumb:

dpb 12 May 2015 06:48 PM

Appalling laziness , no wonder were heart attack stroke central for Europe ....

fat-thomas 12 May 2015 07:04 PM

If a womans out of the question possibly a man is the answer.
Install an app called grindr it may be the answer for you.

bioforger 12 May 2015 09:29 PM

Welcome back fatty

ditchmyster 12 May 2015 09:29 PM

What is the world coming to, I wouldn't let a a teasmaid or a woman for that matter make me a brew in the morning, along with ironing and cooking most of them haven't got a clue these days. ;)

Turbohot 12 May 2015 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11680661)
A ****ing teasmade??????? You ****ing heathen!!!!

Get up 10 minutes earlier than normal, boil a cup of water, infuse your Assam leaves in the pot for a full 6 minutes, but remember to let the water cool to 95 degrees or less before adding it and then enjoy real tea :thumb:

How ritualistic! :cool: :D

I understand that one can set the timer to go with your recommended 6 minute brewing time. But how would one know that the water has cooled down to about 95 degrees before adding it? Again, with the help of the timer? If so, how long does one give to the kettle water to cool down to about 95 degrees? Or, is there a specific thermometer that do you recommend, which can be immersed in the kettle? But then, I predict that you lose more heat in the process of opening the kettle lid and immersing that damn thermometer! Or, are you saying that one needs to have a posh kettle with an already built-in thermometer? If so, where does one get such kettle from? Can you get it at Argos? :confused:

:idea: If we don't let the water touch the boiling point and switch it off, then we have nearly 95 degree temp hot water available without wasting any time to cool it down. Sadly, we will still have to wait for 6 long minutes to brew that frikking tea, but at least we have saved our time for letting the water cool. How about that, F1? :D

Frankly, I personally won't have any patience for all this, and my tea will be too cold with this mincing about! I might as well have a cold drink to wake up! :D