ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Ha ha ha, let's all laugh at alcazar. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1024234-ha-ha-ha-lets-all-laugh-at-alcazar.html)

alcazar 07 May 2015 03:38 PM

Ha ha ha, let's all laugh at alcazar.

OK, so my excuse is, the car's been off the road a year and I've not driven it.

Went to Sheffield in it on my birthday, Tuesday, with the youngest lad. he's on the insurance so drove back.

On the way it rained....but the washers wouldn't work.

Got round to it today and fitting new mist jets.

So....no noise from the motor, and nothing at the jets. Jets not blocked, so it looks like the pump is jammed/seized/blocked.

I got as far as syphoning the washer fluid into a clean bucket, but thought that with a TMIC, removal of the fluid bottle was going to be a battery-off job, and couldn't be bothered, especially as it looks like rain.

Meanwhile, I come in and Google it, coming across a post on here, which I read.

You've probably already guessed........I was pulling the stalk towards me and NOT pressing the button for a wash.:lol1::lol1:

Oh well, fluid now back in, Scoobynet to the rescue.

And my new mist jets work nicely.:thumb:

Trinity 07 May 2015 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11677400)
OK, so my excuse is, the car's been off the road a year and I've not driven it.

Went to Sheffield in it on my birthday, Tuesday, with the youngest lad. he's on the insurance so drove back.

On the way it rained....but the washers wouldn't work.

Got round to it today and fitting new mist jets.

So....no noise from the motor, and nothing at the jets. Jets not blocked, so it looks like the pump is jammed/seized/blocked.

I got as far as syphoning the washer fluid into a clean bucket, but thought that with a TMIC, removal of the fluid bottle was going to be a battery-off job, and couldn't be bothered, especially as it looks like rain.

Meanwhile, I come in and Google it, coming across a post on here, which I read.

You've probably already guessed........I was pulling the stalk towards me and NOT pressing the button for a wash.:lol1::lol1:

Oh well, fluid now back in, Scoobynet to the rescue.

And my new mist jets work nicely.:thumb:

I almost took all my electrics out one day trying to find why the side lights where always staying on......it was melting my head for days...then at 4am in a heart beating wake up flash of panic, I remembered there was a button on the steering column.:lol1:

ossett2k2 07 May 2015 03:53 PM

Lol easily done,on the classic it says on the stalk to pull for mist :cuckoo:

alcazar 07 May 2015 03:55 PM

Aye, it does. It must mean pull to remove misting.

Jay m A 07 May 2015 03:56 PM

LOL been there done that about 15 years ago!!

Probably my thread you pulled up from the archives

ALi-B 07 May 2015 06:02 PM

For god's sake don't touch that switch on the top of the steering column :lol1:

Barxy 07 May 2015 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 11677405)
I almost took all my electrics out one day trying to find why the side lights where always staying on......it was melting my head for days...then at 4am in a heart beating wake up flash of panic, I remembered there was a button on the steering column.:lol1:

This happened to me before... I was pulling my hair out over this for hours !!

Trinity 07 May 2015 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11677466)
For god's sake don't touch that switch on the top of the steering column :lol1:

I genuinely thought it was the switch for the Flux Capacitor.

AWG 07 May 2015 07:11 PM

Has to be up there as the most pointless button on the Impreza... Close second is the dimmer for the instrument panel :lol1:

bludgod 07 May 2015 07:16 PM

when it says "pull for mist" it means if your driving in mist and need a quick wipe not for spraying a mist of water :)

*matthewturb2000* 07 May 2015 08:46 PM

I have to twist my rear wiper squirter to squirt the front window, and I keep putting my wipers on when I turn right :lol:

TypeR99 08 May 2015 09:12 AM

so I'm guessing the Bright button on a uk classic doesnt increase the owners IQ?

alcazar 08 May 2015 09:34 AM

Ooooh, that's unfair....I've only owned the car seventeen years.........

Markfey 09 May 2015 10:36 AM

Did something similar when my boot release stopped working. Obviously the cable had snapped so i started removing everything trying to chase the cable.

Got about an hour and a half into the job before the old man comes out, flicks the lever on the catch and then laughs at me.

After a good hour of laughing at me he admitted he'd done exactly the same about 6 months previous.

alcazar 10 May 2015 05:52 PM

As have many, many on here.