ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Insurance questions (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/1023731-insurance-questions.html)

DanGlennon 27 April 2015 10:17 AM

Insurance questions

Ok everyone here's how I stand.
I'm 26 years old.
Been driving for 9 years.
I have 2 years no claims through cars I've owned (never made a claim).
I've had 4 company cars through work over a 3/4 year period. Again I've made no claims whilst driving my company cars.
I have 6 points for driving uninsured when I mad the stupid mistake to pick up a new car without insurance.

Would an insurance company take my company car no claims into consideration?
At the moment the only car I can get is a non turbo due to high insurance prices. I'm getting quotes of around £1000 for a non turbo and around £3500 for a wrx which is ridiculous.
I've got a few months yet before I'll be buying my Scooby so I want to start getting some quotes from recommended websites. Id rather be picking up a wrx instead of a non turbo.

InTurbo 27 April 2015 08:20 PM

My first scooby at 24 was expensive to insure.
Ended up putting my dad on the policy as this helped reduce the cost.
Went through elephant insurance on a 10 month policy to make it even cheaper.

I'm now 31 and my current car is with admiral on a multi car policy and its £470 a year

Never had a company car so can't help you there.

DanGlennon 27 April 2015 10:09 PM

Thanks mate, the way things are looking I will probably have to settle for the non turbo for now. Warm me up for my turbo in the future no doubt.

TMX 28 April 2015 03:54 PM

If you just want a turbo on a Subaru, you'll find the Legacy and Forester turbo models much cheaper to insure vs an Impreza generally.

Downside is they generally drink more fuel than the equivalent engine'd Impreza

Moley 28 April 2015 08:38 PM

We look more at your driving experience, rather than just NCB

I'd rather insure someone with 2 years NCB earnt on performance cars rather than someone with 9 years on 'normal' non-performance cars.

DanGlennon 29 April 2015 02:21 AM

No other Subaru appeals to me to be honest it's been a dream car of mine for a long time :) unfortunately I have no driving experience with performance cars. The largest engine'd car I've had was a 1.8 Zetec the rest have been around the 1.6 mark.

Moley 29 April 2015 12:14 PM

That'd limit the amount of insurers we use who would quote, but will still may have options a lot cheaper than the prices you've already had

Feel free to contact me (Gary Moulson) on 0208 6427868 and i'll run a quote through.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 30 April 2015 09:10 PM

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. We have a number of schemes that will allow discounts for company car drivers. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

Yardz 30 April 2015 11:19 PM

Try sky insurance went from a focus like your self to a wrx at 25 and they was very competitive with excellent level of cover too

DanGlennon 01 May 2015 02:58 AM

Cheers lads I'll be in touch over the weekend :)

Vxr2010 04 April 2020 01:04 PM

my car history

Nova Sr great first car

Nova Gte very quick as it was so light

three 3 litre 24 valve senators automatics quick

two manual ex police senators both tuned by vauxhall for old bill and really quick

then i started on scoobies

a classic 1999 green wagon

a classic m reg jdm wrx auto wagon

2004 wrx black saloon ppp plus prodrive rear spolier ( i could never see our the back window after having that fitted 🤣🤣)

then i had a 56 plate blue wrx wagon with the ppp first quick scooby

then an 04 fsti 195000 miles later the best all round car i have had ( forged ) 310 bhp

current
05 fsti ( forged ) 330 bhp
07 Fsti ( not yet forged 😁) 340bhp
a monaro 5.7 heavily tuned 440 bhp
a maloo 6.2 lightly tuned 500 bhp

hedgecutter 04 April 2020 01:52 PM

Wrong thread mate

Vxr2010 04 April 2020 04:14 PM

why’s it keep doing that , i changed the settings , it must be my corona virus doing it , cheers