ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Cheapest one way car hire (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1023589-cheapest-one-way-car-hire.html)

f1_fan 24 April 2015 12:50 PM

Cheapest one way car hire

Need to hire a Focus sized car from Watford to Manchester - any idea who is the cheapest for one way deals? Looking at £100 plus for a single day trip at the moment... seems pricey.

ditchmyster 24 April 2015 01:01 PM

I usually use enterprise when I need to do that, 2 main reasons they'll pick you up and drop you off and they have a place a mile up the road from me too, usually quite keen on pricing and takes the hassle / cab fares out of the job too.

f1_fan 24 April 2015 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11670314)
I usually use enterprise when I need to do that, 2 main reasons they'll pick you up and drop you off and they have a place a mile up the road from me too, usually quite keen on pricing and takes the hassle / cab fares out of the job too.

Cheers Ditchy, £65 done and dusted, being picked up too. Top man :thumb:

ditchmyster 24 April 2015 01:25 PM

Glad to be of service. :D

joz8968 24 April 2015 04:10 PM

Do Enterprise do extended spells too? Like having use of a car for a week or two weeks, etc.?

If not, can anyone recommend good/cheap alternatives (preferably with drop-off/pick-up too)...?

ditchmyster 24 April 2015 04:36 PM

Yes mate as long as you like, I have had cars off them for up to 2 weeks and as above always very good on price.

As with all hire cars make sure you give it a good look over for any damage and check the spare tyre too, as well as fill it up when you take it back to avoid their refill charges, although never had any hassle with Enterprise, I have with others such as hertz and eurocar.

joz8968 24 April 2015 05:10 PM

I've used, I think they were called car-2-car, or something like that. When it was time for them to collect (whilst I was at Zen), I ended up waiting there all day! They were supposed to collect about 10am...... Cue 7 hours of anger, countless phonecalls and utter boredom later. :mad:

The only saving grace was that the East Euro bitch who dropped it off was well cute. Fantastic arse! :lol1:

But ultimately, unsurprisingly, I think they went bust.

But I'm guessing Enterprise are an altogether more professional outfit.

Cheers Ditch. : thumb:

pimmo2000 25 April 2015 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11670442)
I've used, I think they were called car-2-car, or something like that. When it was time for them to collect (whilst I was at Zen), I ended up waiting there all day! They were supposed to collect about 10am...... Cue 7 hours of anger, countless phonecalls and utter boredom later. :mad:

The only saving grace was that the East Euro bitch who dropped it off was well cute. Fantastic arse! :lol1:

But ultimately, unsurprisingly, I think they went bust.

But I'm guessing Enterprise are an altogether more professional outfit.

Cheers Ditch. : thumb:

They can be, we have them on a corp account and some times they can be brilliant, I got a Merc for a one way trip back from London £80, then they can just completely forget to send a car, or send something with damage.