ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   AP replacement discs (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/1023508-ap-replacement-discs.html)

banny sti 22 April 2015 12:44 PM

AP replacement discs

Anyone have experience of the godspeed 2 piece replacement AP discs in 330x28?

AS Performance 22 April 2015 01:08 PM

tut, tut............;)

on a more serious note we do a few options including a very cost effective directional race rotor as well as the pukka PFC variants......:thumb:

banny sti 22 April 2015 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by AS Performance (Post 11669373)
tut, tut............;)

on a more serious note we do a few options including a very cost effective directional race rotor as well as the pukka PFC variants......:thumb:

:lol1: sorry boss, will bell you to :thumb:

Godspeed Brakes 22 April 2015 01:42 PM

We have some good offers on these at the mo , and all come with our 12 month guarantee even if you do track days.

We can offer you our straight vane rotors for £265 a pair , and also offer a curved vane disc for £325 a pair , as well as PF and AP rotors.

Cheers Ian

banny sti 22 April 2015 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes (Post 11669388)
We have some good offers on these at the mo , and all come with our 12 month guarantee even if you do track days.

We can offer you our straight vane rotors for £265 a pair , and also offer a curved vane disc for £325 a pair , as well as PF and AP rotors.

Cheers Ian

Any pics of the PF rotors and ball park price?

The Pink Ninja 22 April 2015 03:55 PM

Seein as though Banny started a thread, what sort of prices am I looking at for the AP rotors for the Porsche brake set up 355mmx 32mm 12 bolt?

ditchmyster 22 April 2015 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja (Post 11669437)
Seein as though Banny started a thread, what sort of prices am I looking at for the AP rotors for the Porsche brake set up 355mmx 32mm 12 bolt?

OOOOH sore bottom time me thinks. :lol1:

I have the godspeed 330mm rotors on my wagon, I was getting a fair bit of vibration under braking when I first bought the car, did a bit of research and decided it must be carbon deposits so went through the bedding in procedure and that seemed to cure most of it although I still get a small amount under heavy braking, but not sure if thats because of the grooves. Still perform very well and never experienced any fade and I'm quite hard on my brakes.

Last of the late brakers. :D

The Pink Ninja 22 April 2015 07:01 PM

Just enquiring at the moment ditch, I've not worn them out already but always worth being prepared :)

I bet I can brake later than you :P

the shreksta 22 April 2015 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja (Post 11669437)

as far as i remember when i had the porsche set up,replacement ap rotors were just normal ap rotors i bought mine from rcm with new bells and fluid i think it was less than £400 for the lot but i cant remember 100%

ditchmyster 22 April 2015 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja (Post 11669509)
Just enquiring at the moment ditch, I've not worn them out already but always worth being prepared :)

I bet I can brake later than you :P

:nono: You're gona need some seriously large gonads for that. :lol1:

No point in having good brakes if you're not prepared to stamp on them at the last possible nano second. ;)

The Pink Ninja 23 April 2015 08:36 PM

Cheers shreksta, I know there are 2 different pcd's on the disc to bell that's why I was specific ;)

With a bit of heat in them ditchy it stops very well indeed...but the rear 4pot AP's might be helping :lol1:

bustaMOVEs 23 April 2015 09:10 PM

The harder you stamp on them, the speed you loose coming out of corners. It's calculating the amount that is key.
You willy wavers.

ditchmyster 24 April 2015 05:06 PM

That depends how fast you were going before :norty: you're only jealous cos you ain't got none :p

While you're on, how much is a cut and blow dry. :lol1:

banny sti 13 July 2015 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes (Post 11669388)

Cheers Ian

Ballpark price for the AP and PF rotors?

ST-X 15 July 2015 10:23 PM

I don't know if the Godspeed 'own name' rotors are the same as Reyland but I've ben running the Reylands in my AP's since October without any bother and that's been with some serious road use. No track use, granted, and for that purpose I'd not like to say how they'd hold up, but for road use up here in the Highlands they've been awesome. No wobbles, no warping, juts good consistent braking. I was a little wary of the fact they were so much cheaper but they do just fine. Yes, they're not going to be as good as PFC discs but the PFC discs are twice the price, and that is a big difference no matter how certain vendors try to spin it.