ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Back in a Widetrack :) (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1022645-back-in-a-widetrack.html)

Kedlestone 05 April 2015 07:45 PM

Back in a Widetrack :)

Well after being away for 6 months to fund a new house and having a brief fling with a VXR8, I'm happy to say I'm back in an Impreza :D

I managed to stumble across a sub 40k mile car with a great service history and a lovely set of handling mods.

Parts include..

SUSPENSION UPGRADES
- 22mm front anti roll bar
- 24mm rear anti roll bar
- Front and rear drop links
- Anti-lift kit
- Whiteline bump steer kit
- BC coilovers all round
- Full geometry set up with full adjustments
BRAKE UPRADES
- Front and rear grooved discs
- EBC blue pads
- Braided hoses
OTHER UPGRADES
- New Yokohamas ADO8’s
- High flow fuel pump
- Hayward & Scott downpipe 3>2.5
- Pro R panel filter
- Re-map

Its also running a RCM WRC type boot spoiler, which I believe are fairly pricey items. Not sure if I love it or hate it at the moment, never had any wing stiffies on my old car so will see how it goes.

Plans for the future are just to enjoy a few trackdays, my yearly trip to the Ring and possibly Spa this year and the odd sprint or hillclimb also, not to mention entering TOTB this year :D. Would like to get it running between 350 - 400, so maybe a MD321T...

Few pics below, the interior is mint, comes in the standard blue. The engine bay is also nice and honest and has no signs of mods.

Cheers all!

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...05&oe=55A1648C

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...334783a11dc445

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...b0&oe=55B500E2

FlatoutDave 05 April 2015 07:56 PM

Great upgrades buddy, it's good to see that the upgrades that your car has are not performance ones. Top buy as the handling and stopping are sorted and you can increase the performance at your leisure. Good luck with it,

FlatoutDave 05 April 2015 08:00 PM

It's got the best tyres you can buy for a Subaru as well. Win win

zippy! 05 April 2015 08:24 PM

Very nice :thumb:

Kedlestone 05 April 2015 08:54 PM

Cheers chaps, looking forward to enjoying it.

Barxy 05 April 2015 10:12 PM

Ah i was looking at this one! The spoiler and the price put me off though.
Glad it went to a new home and not a dealer ! Looks good in those photos

Brun 05 April 2015 10:15 PM

Looks great :thumb:

More info the the VXR8 please :D

Kedlestone 05 April 2015 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Barxy (Post 11659821)
Ah i was looking at this one! The spoiler and the price put me off though.
Glad it went to a new home and not a dealer ! Looks good in those photos

The spolier is a bit marmite for some, I don't mind it currently, was worried it would look like the WRC GRP ones you can buy which hang out over the end over the boot, but this fits like more like oem.

I thought the price wasn't miles off the mark with the low Milage and the current mods, still managed to get it down a little more which made the deal.

The Pink Ninja 05 April 2015 10:29 PM

Looking good, When you out at the ring as we will be off again in late august but will see you at TOTB before then...Btw you`ll only need a MD321H for that figure the T is more of a 450bhp turbo ;)

Kedlestone 05 April 2015 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 11659827)
Looks great :thumb:

More info the the VXR8 please :D

The R8 was a bit of a spur of the moment buy, at the time I didn't know what I wanted next and it popped up in the right price range so went and had a look and bought it a week later.

The previous owner had taken all the cats out and fitted what Walkinshaw call the "supercar" back box which sounds absolutely mega on full chat, complete with pops and bangs on the overrun. You should have heard the thing on the dyno.....sounded like thunder. From 0-60 the car never felt that quick, it's a heavy car for a start but from 60+ that's where it takes off, you soon need to let off before your in licence loosing territory.

I ended up selling because the thing was just to rear end happy in all weather, just going near half throttle would light the rears up, and although initially it makes you smile you soon think about the £200+ for per corner on the tires and the fact your not actually going forwards any quicker. It's not just that though, brakes are very expensive and the electronics are a little tempremental in the cold weather with all sorts of random warning lights and gauges working one minute and not the next.

In the end I missed the sheer grip and 0-60 acceleration you get with the impreza so had to come back.

Think I have a youtube clip somewhere of the vxr8 on tickover....I'll see if I can find it..

Kedlestone 05 April 2015 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja (Post 11659838)
Looking good, When you out at the ring as we will be off again in late august but will see you at TOTB before then...Btw you`ll only need a MD321H for that figure the T is more of a 450bhp turbo ;)

I usually head to the ring in April but won't be this year. Work for me is really busy in the summer period but I might look at August, what dates you looking at? I usually go with a few lads from the south so will see what there plans are.

I think I miss-read the MD Specs :thumb: 450 is probably pushing it for me trying to keep the budget under control lol.

Brun 05 April 2015 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kedlestone (Post 11659844)
The R8 was a bit of a spur of the moment buy, at the time I didn't know what I wanted next and it popped up in the right price range so went and had a look and bought it a week later.

The previous owner had taken all the cats out and fitted what Walkinshaw call the "supercar" back box which sounds absolutely mega on full chat, complete with pops and bangs on the overrun. You should have heard the thing on the dyno.....sounded like thunder. From 0-60 the car never felt that quick, it's a heavy car for a start but from 60+ that's where it takes off, you soon need to let off before your in licence loosing territory.

I ended up selling because the thing was just to rear end happy in all weather, just going near half throttle would light the rears up, and although initially it makes you smile you soon think about the £200+ for per corner on the tires and the fact your not actually going forwards any quicker. It's not just that though, brakes are very expensive and the electronics are a little tempremental in the cold weather with all sorts of random warning lights and gauges working one minute and not the next.

In the end I missed the sheer grip and 0-60 acceleration you get with the impreza so had to come back.

Think I have a youtube clip somewhere of the vxr8 on tickover....I'll see if I can find it..

Ace :D

Kedlestone 05 April 2015 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 11659850)
Ace :D

Here's that clip..enjoy :)

Peter Pan 05 April 2015 11:14 PM

Nice Subaru you've got there, enjoy :thumb:

The Pink Ninja 05 April 2015 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kedlestone (Post 11659845)
I usually head to the ring in April but won't be this year. Work for me is really busy in the summer period but I might look at August, what dates you looking at? I usually go with a few lads from the south so will see what there plans are.

I think I miss-read the MD Specs :thumb: 450 is probably pushing it for me trying to keep the budget under control lol.

Lol...budget good luck with that :D
I think its the Fri 29th to Mon 31st Aug, Still not sure if its tunnel or ferry yet.

jazzyjembreaze 06 April 2015 12:02 AM

Looks a nice clean example ( enjoy :)

Kedlestone 06 April 2015 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja (Post 11659890)
Lol...budget good luck with that :D
I think its the Fri 29th to Mon 31st Aug, Still not sure if its tunnel or ferry yet.

I'll have a look at those dates and maybe see if we can make it out there at the same time. I was looking at doing a midweek trip to try and miss the busy periods this year but depends on work schedules for everyone. Will let you know though.

Brun 06 April 2015 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kedlestone (Post 11659857)

Think i need that in my life :D

jaygsi 06 April 2015 12:25 PM

Wow nice VXR8 only ever seen one when they first come out look menacing

Kedlestone 06 April 2015 04:53 PM

Thanks, yeah the look and sound were very much what got my attention to begin with. Can't say I miss it but glad to have had the experience of one.

FlatoutDave 07 April 2015 03:12 AM

Love the sound of a V8! One of the best V8's I heard was a TVR Griffith 500, awesome.