ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Facebook. Love or hate? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1022282-facebook-love-or-hate.html)

lozgti1 29 March 2015 06:13 AM

Facebook. Love or hate?

Really not for me.Enjoy if that is your thing :-)

Bushy-N/A 29 March 2015 06:17 AM

Hate it!

I've been off of Twit-book for the last few years and I'm happier now than when I had both accounts. I won't be going back to either Facebook or Twitter any time soon.

donny andi 29 March 2015 07:20 AM

Never been on any , stalkers paradise

Cpt Jack Sparrow 29 March 2015 08:25 AM

Never been on it can't see the point... I have seen it ruin people's lives through..dislike it!!!

ditchmyster 29 March 2015 09:12 AM

I just don't care about it, I'm sure it has it's good and bad points.

BBB3 29 March 2015 09:17 AM

I've not got Facebook but I do look on my missus to see some of her fit mates :)

Kwik 29 March 2015 09:23 AM

It depends how you use it. A lot of people use it to seek attention, a lot of people end up arguing over personal photos, who's friends with who end who blocks who etc.

Me and my Brothers are probably closer for using it. The buy and sell sites are pretty good. But mainly I watch car type videos.

the shreksta 29 March 2015 09:30 AM

i shall be on it soon mainly to help with strongman training as i can follow peoples blogs/warehouse gym etc and to put my progress on there

i have no interest in having as many friends as possible or any of that bollocks

wouldnt mind the buying and selling groups on there especially the subaru side of things as i hate missing bargains................................oh yeah and obviously i will be changing my car to look like a transformer/disney character/piece of **** so i can join the sioc :)

fat-thomas 29 March 2015 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by donny andi (Post 11655426)
Never been on any , stalkers paradise

This....
Full of weirdos that like to stalk women.

the shreksta 29 March 2015 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11655461)
This....
Full of weirdos that like to stalk women.

is that wrong :D

fat-thomas 29 March 2015 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11655462)
is that wrong :D

Yup and a bit sad,can't get a woman in real life so stalk them on Facebook.

pimmo2000 29 March 2015 10:18 AM

I used to think like you poor people, considered myself too good for FB .. it's a long fall from that horse, but once you're down the world is a friendlier place.

I have plenty of friends I never get chance to see and being able to keep up with how they are doing, see photos of their kids growing up and of course stalk women has made my busy life a bit more manageable.

I travel a lot, so it's like my link to the "real" world. I do only have about 66 people on there, all of which I would invite into my house or spend time with if I had the time.

fat-thomas 29 March 2015 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11655487)
I used to think like you poor people, considered myself too good for FB .. it's a long fall from that horse, but once you're down the world is a friendlier place.

I have plenty of friends I never get chance to see and being able to keep up with how they are doing, see photos of their kids growing up and of course stalk women has made my busy life a bit more manageable.

I travel a lot, so it's like my link to the "real" world. I do only have about 66 people on there, all of which I would invite into my house or spend time with if I had the time.

I've been on it and deleted my profile,best thing I did.
People just spend their life posting crap to make themselves seem more interesting/happy/or whatever they really are.
Just live in the real world.

pimmo2000 29 March 2015 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11655503)
People just spend their life posting crap to make themselves seem more interesting/happy/or whatever they really are.

My real world involved work .. work .. work .. occasionally seeing my kids .. and work ..

JackClark 29 March 2015 10:43 AM

I use it for Special Interest groups and it's great for that. My group on Paramotors has 6,000 members all around the world. Pictures of cake, not so much.

joe v3sti 29 March 2015 10:50 AM

Facebook is the preffered media of the moron

JackClark 29 March 2015 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by joe v3sti (Post 11655507)

Tip of the fedora young man, see you in the reference library.

fat-thomas 29 March 2015 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by joe v3sti (Post 11655507)

Exactly.
If you're unlucky enough to catch jezza kyle on a day off work.
Every argument from the retards involves fscebook

hodgy0_2 29 March 2015 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11655505)
I use it for Special Interest groups

Made me chuckle

shytorque 29 March 2015 12:56 PM

Yeh its full of weirdos and cranks....

Your safer on here..............ahem

thenewgalaxy 29 March 2015 01:00 PM

Facebook is great, I use it to keep on touch with mates and extended family as well as following various groups relating from Subarus (yes there are some good ones) and my other hobbies - even to work.

Unfortunately, as with life, it is full of idiots but I just block them or follow out of morbid curiosity. Seeing people kick off about what she said to so and so etc can be quite entertaining.

You take from it what you want.

lordharding 29 March 2015 01:11 PM

I spend more time on it then the fourms nowadays
User friendly
You can post up photos instantly with a smartphone
Instant messageing and nice to keep in touch with friends who you never seem to have the time to pick up the phone too

My new Buisness i manage is booming through fb
Post a few photos and I take a grand a week instantly
Never use newspaper advertinsing
That's old hat now
More successful then a website too
You can react instantly with your customers
And free too which protects the margins

Infact I'm never off the damn thing and the misses is on it nearly all day with her fiends and family

It's the modern way
Yes it's got a Jermany Kyle /rusty classic arches /chav sort if image
But
Sometimes you have to move with the times

All the forums are dying nowadays

Only Scottish scoobys /Nesf and scoobynet that's got any decent footfall

Fb has taken over

Sioc will ruin all the subarus that's left means ours will increase on value :D

DYK 29 March 2015 01:31 PM

Neither ...

Tail Slider 29 March 2015 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11655503)

You're so full of crap mate. You probably only deleted it because everyone wanted to smash your head in. All I remember you doing is taking the micky out of people and generally trolling like you do on here.

Facebook is great in moderation, like many things in life. I have family in various places around the Country and it's good to see photos of my nieces and nephews growing up where you wouldn't normally do due to distance.

Turbohot 29 March 2015 02:00 PM

Never felt comfortable with Facebook format myself since it came out hence I never post on FB and rarely visit it. Having an account there has proven useful, in order to privately communicate with my family members, real life mates and occasionally with some nice, genuine people who I know from internet. I have rarely sent FB messages to the ladies whose presence I miss here, via Facebook. It was nice to just communicate with them, and know that they're ok. I knew about a genuine gentleman from SN about his beloved dog dying from his Facebook status. I knew how much his dog meant for him. It was useful to post my condolences there on his wall, then. Since I've got WhatsApp and Viber, my random visits to FB are even more random.

Any internet communication media is what you make of it, and how you use it. Facebook seems to potentially cause more heartbreaks because some insecure people use it to stalk others, cheat and wind their exes up with their fresh profile pictures with their new partners. All that can be done via any other media tbh. As I've said in past, it's not Facebook's fault. It's the people who hurt you via that.

FB can be fun for lighthearted people, as well as for the ones with specific interest, but I find myself more comfortable with topical discussions on a community forum than on a network where people tell other people of their daily and boring biscuit dunking or wine drinking one liners.

So yeah, not a Facebook poster, attendee or an addict, but I do not suffer Facebook caused PTSD either; to avoid it or take it as a complete nightmare.

JackClark 29 March 2015 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by lordharding (Post 11655605)
That's old hat now

Totally agree, Facebook is great for business.

I'm in a couple of Facebook lead user groups, payments are getting a lot of focus, businesses can use it now, person to person via messenger is rolling out and Buy/Sell groups - which have dedicated selling features rolling out now - will be next in line.

donny andi 29 March 2015 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by lordharding (Post 11655605)
I spend more time on it then the fourms nowadays
User friendly
You can post up photos instantly with a smartphone
Instant messageing and nice to keep in touch with friends who you never seem to have the time to pick up the phone too

That's old hat now

Infact I'm never off the damn thing and the misses is on it nearly all day with her fiends and family

It's the modern way
Yes it's got a Jermany Kyle /rusty classic arches /chav sort if image
But
Sometimes you have to move with the times

All the forums are dying nowadays

Only Scottish scoobys /Nesf and scoobynet that's got any decent footfall

Fb has taken over

Sioc will ruin all the subarus that's left means ours will increase on value :D

Is it legal to sell Thai brides on facefcuk :)

fat-thomas 29 March 2015 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11655638)
Any internet communication media is what you make of it, and how you use it. Facebook seems to potentially cause more heartbreaks because some insecure people use it to stalk others

This is my Thoughts and experience of Facefcuk.
Genuinely surprised and shocked how sad some people are.
As for Facebook groups it's generally full of idiots with Hitler complexes or places used for sad people to post the same thing everyday or use it to post links to Internet forums to discuss the posters/subjects rather than post on the forums etc for fear of looking stupid.

fat-thomas 29 March 2015 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tail Slider (Post 11655634)
You're so full of crap mate. You probably only deleted it because everyone wanted to smash your head in. All I remember you doing is taking the micky out of people and generally trolling like you do on here.

Facebook is great in moderation, like many things in life. I have family in various places around the Country and it's good to see photos of my nieces and nephews growing up where you wouldn't normally do due to distance.

Nope deleted through lack of use,Internet hardmen don't scare me I go to many events that are subaru related and not once has one of these hard men ever materialised ;)

The Pink Ninja 29 March 2015 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11655668)
This is my Thoughts and experience of Facefcuk.
Genuinely surprised and shocked how sad some people are.
As for Facebook groups it's generally full of idiots with Hitler complexes or places used for sad people to post the same thing everyday or use it to post links to Internet forums to discuss the posters/subjects rather than post on the forums etc for fear of looking stupid.

Oh the irony :D