ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   ITV1- You're Back In The Room................ (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1022273-itv1-youre-back-in-the-room.html)

LSherratt 28 March 2015 10:30 PM

ITV1- You're Back In The Room................

I watched this for the first tonight (well the last 20 minutes of it) and it is honestly the worst program I have ever seen. I've seen some pretty bad programs but this one tops it. There is no way it can be real; I just don't believe it. Are they really trying to con the public or is the public actually this gullible? If it was real then surely there would be more "hypnotists" to use their skill to their advantage, such as getting people to commit crimes for them etc etc.... The people don't even react naturally under the "hypnosis". It looks more staged than Top Gear!

Anyone else had the unfortunate pleasure of watching a bit of it? :razz:

legb4rsk 28 March 2015 10:42 PM

I saved myself that 20 minutes.................the very thought of it!!!:D

which is why I am now listening to some music...............of my choice.:thumb:

oh,after watching a recording of '.......sings Motown' on BBC where various artists from the archives sing their versions.

Kwik 28 March 2015 10:42 PM

The Mrs put it on earlier, absolute dog ****. But then so is most of ITV.

fat-thomas 28 March 2015 10:45 PM

Sh1te....

jayallen 28 March 2015 10:49 PM

I caught a glimpse just before it ended and was just thinking...WTF is this sh*t!

salsa-king 28 March 2015 10:51 PM

saw about 30mins last week... what a load of tripe.

LSherratt 28 March 2015 10:57 PM

Glad I'm not the only one! What do reckon, fake/staged?

jayallen 28 March 2015 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11655335)

100%

stipete75 29 March 2015 12:06 AM

Perfect tv for the sheeple!

Chip 29 March 2015 12:37 AM

Just **** really,

Lisawrx 29 March 2015 01:11 AM

I watched some last week, and agree, it was utter sh1t, and I'm often quite happy to watch rubbish. :o

I thought it might be funny, but just looked so staged and unrealistic, I couldn't believe they were really hypnotised, making it just daft but not in a funny way.

yabbadoo4 29 March 2015 01:17 AM

the best idea for a tv program since that sh1te with tom daley about diving.

ALi-B 29 March 2015 01:40 AM

This show has to be adapted from a Japanese game show.

Its the only logical explanation.

ALi-B 29 March 2015 01:47 AM

Don't know about the show....but there is a law on hypnotism:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...6/introduction

Still looks fake to me.

Sarg400 29 March 2015 01:51 AM

Watched 5 minutes utter sh1t

dpb 29 March 2015 08:50 AM

Montelbano is back :)

Saw some "magician" earlier in the evening performing his stuff with teh aid of a tv camera :rolleyes: ,

warrenm2 29 March 2015 10:55 AM

I haven't seen the show, but do have some understanding of hypnosis. When you go into trance you are not a "zombie", rather you are in a daydream like state. Imagine driving home from work and your mind is mulling over stuff that has happened. As you pull up to your house you realise you don't recall making any decisions regarding driving at all, you were on complete autopilot - that's trance. When you're in a boring lecture or meeting, and your mind drifts off, thats trance. A hypnotist just uses techniques to get you into that state on demand.

As to what is possible, well pretty much anything. You are able to imagine things so strongly and vividly in a trance state that they become true for you there and then. A typical trance test is a helium balloon tied to one hand and a heavy weight tied to the other. Peoples arms float in the air. When asked afterwards, they say they could feel their arm being lifted up. The key is you are manipulating the perception in the subjects mind. Hypnotists often "anchor" a particular sensation to a key word. So every time you say "warm" they feel like they are on a sunny beach, or if you're running a stage show, you might give the suggestion that every time I scratch my ear it is the funniest thing you have ever seen, and so on. People often experience this anchoring when an old song they haven't heard in years comes on the radio. Instantly you are transported back in time and you relive for a moment the emotions of that period. If you assume that ANY sensation/emotion can be triggered by ANY verbal, physical or visual cue, think what could be possible....

salsa-king 30 March 2015 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11655395)
This show has to be adapted from a Japanese game show.

Its the only logical explanation.

where they WEREN'T hypnotised and were asked to do stupid tasks lol

lozgti1 30 March 2015 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 11655389)
I watched some last week, and agree, it was utter sh1t, and I'm often quite happy to watch rubbish. :o

I thought it might be funny, but just looked so staged and unrealistic, I couldn't believe they were really hypnotised, making it just daft but not in a funny way.

lol

awful program.they should be ashamed

PaulC72 30 March 2015 03:32 PM

It made me laugh, and I thought well I haven't at least paid my TV licence for this tripe ;-)

Having seen Paul Mckenna many years ago it did make me laugh.

I have never understood how easily influenced some people are to be able to by hypnotised....then I look at iphone owners, football supporters and think they do it willingly....:D

T25 DOC 30 March 2015 03:51 PM

Damn........

......I'm a sheep!!!!!

I watched it, laughed.....own an iPhone and follow football......

Baaaaaaaaaaa

Truss 30 March 2015 06:39 PM

It's probably the worst TV programme I have watched.
Aside from being utter ****e, I also think it's pretty distasteful - using a form of therapy for cheap laughs. It's sad how low people will sink to get on TV.

Steve001 31 March 2015 01:38 AM

I thought it was the best programme I have seen in my entire life, it was awesome in every way. Then my missus clicked her fingers and it was sh*te :)

LSherratt 31 March 2015 01:49 PM

Glad I wasn't the only one! Horrendous TV viewing!

ossett2k2 31 March 2015 02:01 PM

Worst TV ever,if this gets a 2nd series I will run naked down the high street whilst eating my own arm!
My missus likes it!!! I think I might kick her into touch :D

ditchmyster 01 April 2015 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Steve001 (Post 11656777)
I thought it was the best programme I have seen in my entire life, it was awesome in every way. Then my missus clicked her fingers and it was sh*te :)

:lol1: