ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   What to look out for when buying LPG car (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1022244-what-to-look-out-for-when-buying-lpg-car.html)

jaygsi 28 March 2015 01:10 PM

What to look out for when buying LPG car

Been thinking about getting an Impreza with LPG, but what do you need to look for when buying one with LPG fitted?

cuprajake 28 March 2015 01:12 PM

don't,

theres loads of bodged kits, parts that need servicing, plus lpg runs very hot

just not worth the risk, honestly if mpg is an issues its not the right car for you

jaygsi 28 March 2015 06:05 PM

Hi yea I know LPG runs hotter than petrol.

My local mechanic knows about LPG so can service it for me etc. I believe the main fault is values due to getting to hot.

jura11 29 March 2015 03:29 AM

Hi there

Really depends for what you are after,I would have look mainly if car has have paperwork for LPG,if LPG has been serviced and if has been fitted by LPG fitter

On car side just check as usually you would check,yes car with LPG will run hotter and power delivery this depends,but on most LPG kits,LPG is or will work in lower RPM(3-3500RPM),then will seamlessly switch to petrol,check if there are no leaks and check what injectors he running and what LPG ECU is running

LPG car can be reliable,but strongly I would advise to you get Electronic Flash lube kit,if you want to use LPG for longer period of time,I know few guys with non turbo LPG Impreza they done crazy mileage around 200k on LPG without the issue and this depends how you take care about the car there

If you have more questions please let me know there

Hope this helps there

Thanks,Jura

jaygsi 29 March 2015 04:31 PM

Hi cheers for info

If i do get one i will most likely go for non turbo as it will just be to replace daily driver.

I hate diesels and don't want one, so its LPG or petrol

I will check paper work, if i bought one would get my local LPG fitter to take alook at kit, and service it for me

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 11655405)
Hi there

Really depends for what you are after,I would have look mainly if car has have paperwork for LPG,if LPG has been serviced and if has been fitted by LPG fitter

On car side just check as usually you would check,yes car with LPG will run hotter and power delivery this depends,but on most LPG kits,LPG is or will work in lower RPM(3-3500RPM),then will seamlessly switch to petrol,check if there are no leaks and check what injectors he running and what LPG ECU is running

LPG car can be reliable,but strongly I would advise to you get Electronic Flash lube kit,if you want to use LPG for longer period of time,I know few guys with non turbo LPG Impreza they done crazy mileage around 200k on LPG without the issue and this depends how you take care about the car there

If you have more questions please let me know there

Hope this helps there

Thanks,Jura

jaygsi 31 March 2015 02:16 AM

Anyone else had experience with them

fawor 31 March 2015 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by cuprajake (Post 11654945)
don't,

theres loads of bodged kits, parts that need servicing, plus lpg runs very hot

just not worth the risk, honestly if mpg is an issues its not the right car for you

what a load of bull****e:lol1:
parts need servicing-2 filters every 15k miles for 15 quid
runs hot- about 50C more than petrol -thats nothing

GeeDee 01 April 2015 06:11 PM

Won't be allowed through the Channel Tunnel