ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Clarkson has been sacked (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1022051-clarkson-has-been-sacked.html)

jods 25 March 2015 12:23 AM

Clarkson has been sacked

Just saw this in the last few minutes on BBC Two HD so don't know if it is 100% reliable but, if true, we are on for a bit of a popcorn session.

riiidaa 25 March 2015 12:26 AM

can't see it on news.bbc......

ScoobyWon't 25 March 2015 12:43 AM

Daily Fail saying "To be sacked"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-fracas.html

Torygraph also saying "To be sacked".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...y-the-BBC.html

Fabioso 25 March 2015 02:11 AM

Seems to be what is being reported! I wonder what May and Hammond will now do?

DYK 25 March 2015 07:29 AM

The paper quoted sources within the corporation as saying Radio 2 Breakfast Show host Chris Evans was being courted as Clarkson's replacement

Pffffff Clarkson should start his own motoring show,it was top gear guess will just have a different name

Gear Head 25 March 2015 08:00 AM

Clarkson was always going to be sacked, that's what the BBC top brass want. They dont seem to like one person having so much 'power'.

But getting rid of their biggest earner really does seem a silly move. Sorry, why do I pay my tv licence again?

davyboy 25 March 2015 08:51 AM

It's getting boring now.

ditchmyster 25 March 2015 08:58 AM

Personally I think the show was on it's last legs anyway, shame they didn't finish the series and then deal with it as that is just going to cost licence payers, that was just plain stupid.

I don't think it will work sticking someone else in his place as it was about the dynamic between the three of them, much like when Charlie Sheen went out of Two and a half men, it's all down hill from here.

At the end of the day you can't go around punching your work colleagues in the face and expect to get away with it, Clarkson got a little too big for his boots.

Dave Y 25 March 2015 09:01 AM

I think Ditchmyster and Fat Thomas should host it. Imagine the fun and banter they would have !! ��

ditchmyster 25 March 2015 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Y (Post 11652578)
I think Ditchmyster and Fat Thomas should host it. Imagine the fun and banter they would have !! ��

I'd be punching him in the face every week. :lol1:

hodgy0_2 25 March 2015 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11652576)
I don't think it will work sticking someone else in his place as it was about the dynamic between the three of them,

yes that could happen

but then again I bet the same stuff was said when the BBC axed Angus Deayton from HIGNFY

but the show has successfully carried on

so nothing is cast in stone - and I am always wary of the "god/superhuman" principle - that no one can do what these people can do

life is rarely that simple or straightforward and people are rarely that superhuman,

the world will not cease to turn on its axis without them

ditchmyster 25 March 2015 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11652588)
yes that could happen

but then again I bet the same stuff was said when the BBC axed Angus Deayton from HIGNFY

but the show has successfully carried on

so nothing is cast in stone - and I am always wary of the "god/superhuman" principle - that no one can do what these people can do

life is rarely that simple or straightforward and people are rarely that superhuman,

the world will not cease to turn on its axis without them

Very true, someone once said to me "put your hand in a bucket of water and then take it out, the hole you leave behind is how much you'll be missed" :lol1:

the shreksta 25 March 2015 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Y (Post 11652578)

And fawor

Dave Y 25 March 2015 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11652609)
And fawor

The dream team .!

fat-thomas 25 March 2015 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11652581)
I'd be punching him in the face every week. :lol1:

No you would just say you did,like everything you do ;)

DYK 25 March 2015 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11652576)
Personally I think the show was on it's last legs anyway, shame they didn't finish the series and then deal with it as that is just going to cost licence payers, that was just plain stupid.

I don't think it will work sticking someone else in his place as it was about the dynamic between the three of them, much like when Charlie Sheen went out of Two and a half men, it's all down hill from here.

At the end of the day you can't go around punching your work colleagues in the face and expect to get away with it, Clarkson got a little too big for his boots.

Well we do or I guess some get a bit grumpy when not eaten and worked all day... ;)

ditchmyster 25 March 2015 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 11652619)
Well we do or I guess some get a bit grumpy when not eaten and worked all day... ;)

I agree and I'd not of been happy either and even worse when working for a multi-million pound corporation on their top show, I would of had him out of the job for failing to perform and got someone else in to order the grub, but punching him in the face is not on, especially in this day and age.

Bonehead 25 March 2015 10:04 AM

Apparently Chris Evans said on his radio show this morning that he wouldnt do it.

I think if Clarkson gets the sack he'll go elsewhere and the others will go with him

ditchmyster 25 March 2015 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11652615)
No you would just say you did,like everything you do ;)

:lol1: Yeah your right of course, but no need to tell everyone. :lol1:

alcazar 25 March 2015 10:04 AM

If I never see the odious, big-headed nincompoop that is Clarkson again, I'll die happy.

DYK 25 March 2015 10:25 AM

Never know he could be offered a job on TG USA.
I think Chris Evans maid a smart move rejecting the job.I know not all like Clarkson,but he has a massive amount of followers.
If tg continues and whoever takes Clarkson's place will have alot to live up to getting the viewers back.

EddScott 25 March 2015 10:31 AM

One man becoming bigger than the corporation that owns him?

JON-A-THAN. JON-A-THAN. JON-A-THAN. JON-A-THAN. JON...
:)

hodgy0_2 25 March 2015 11:07 AM

Rollerball?

EddScott 25 March 2015 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11652674)
Rollerball?

I think it fits. The corporation tries everything to stop him :)

neil-h 25 March 2015 11:20 AM

I'm really not sure this is the big tragedy everyone is making out, Top Gear really needed to be allowed to die and at least this way it's gone. Rather than fading away like Family Guy is.

f1_fan 25 March 2015 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11652684)
I'm really not sure this is the big tragedy everyone is making out, Top Gear really needed to be allowed to die and at least this way it's gone. Rather than fading away like Family Guy is.

This ^^^^^

Oh and you lot (not you neil_h) need to stop believing everything the press tell you. When it's officially announced then you can all start a period of official mourning for a programme you have all been complaining about for years and saying it needs a change of direction :cuckoo::lol1:

neil-h 25 March 2015 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11652691)
This ^^^^^

Oh and you lot (not you neil_h) need to stop believing everything the press tell you. When it's officially announced then you can all start a period of official mourning for a programme you have all been complaining about for years and saying it needs a change of direction :cuckoo::lol1:

This is the daft bit of the whole thing, even the BBC were reporting rumours at one point. :lol1:

dpb 25 March 2015 01:18 PM

Is he still 50-1 for Liverpool evening echo editor..:)

coupe_20vt 25 March 2015 01:47 PM

Clarkson tweeted an hour ago that he'd not heard anything from the BBC.

Funkii Munkii 25 March 2015 01:51 PM

If they do reinstate him it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he resigned in a final two fingered salute, he doesn't really have to work does he.