ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Picked up the new S3 Saloon today (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1021878-picked-up-the-new-s3-saloon-today.html)

stilover 21 March 2015 06:44 PM

Picked up the new S3 Saloon today

Lovely car to drive. Ignore all reports about suspension like bricks. Even in Dynamic mode, the ride is supple. Engine is very strong, and eager to rev. I'm of the opinion of using all the rev range when running in a new car. Just stay off the red line.

The Super Sport seats feel great, and make the interior look that little bit more special.

Nice to get back in something with AWD. Off for another long drive tomorrow. :thumb:

thenewgalaxy 21 March 2015 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 11650289)
Lovely car to drive. Ignore all reports about suspension like bricks. Even in Dynamic mode, the ride is supple. Engine is very strong, and eager to rev. I'm of the opinion of using all the rev range when running in a new car. Just stay off the red line.

The Super Sport seats feel great, and make the interior look that little bit more special.

Nice to get back in something with AWD. Off for another long drive tomorrow. :thumb:

Nice to hear from someone who's got one. The engine in these things is very impressive given that it can chuck out the power and torque that it does, yet still return the great economy and green footprint.

I do wonder where these cars will be in 10-15 years time, given that they've finally caught up with the straight line performance of the STI Imprezas. These mega hatchbacks are definitely the future.

scoobyboy1 21 March 2015 10:51 PM

Agree about using all the revs when running a new car in:thumb: Sod it anyway its under warranty so you get another engine if it breaks:D

Also love the new Audi S3's in that Sepang Blue.:luvlove:

richs2891 21 March 2015 11:54 PM

Collected my S3 hatchback today, the super sports seats are really lovely and like you impressed with the ride,
Seems to have a jekyll and hyde character about it, easy going relaxed drive but if boot it, it goes really well.
Was your delivery date delayed ?
Richard

RS Grant 22 March 2015 01:00 AM

Soooo, I'm gonna need some pictures of this... :lol1:

I am a big fan of the S3 Saloon and yours sounds like it'll be absolutely lovely. :)

Cheers,
Grant

lozgti1 22 March 2015 09:18 AM

They look bloody lovely.

I want that steering wheel in my car .! Lol

dpb 22 March 2015 09:31 AM

Looks ok

How bigs the boot

stilover 22 March 2015 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by richs2891 (Post 11650490)
Collected my S3 hatchback today, the super sports seats are really lovely and like you impressed with the ride,
Seems to have a jekyll and hyde character about it, easy going relaxed drive but if boot it, it goes really well.
Was your delivery date delayed ?
Richard

Ordered mine last week in December. Original delivery was March. Then I made a change and it went back to June (Which I wasn't happy about), then a few weeks later got a call from the sales woman (absolutely gorgeous she is) to say it's back to March.

I could have had it a fortnight ago, but delayed collection in order to sell my Golf.

stilover 22 March 2015 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy (Post 11650389)

I do wonder where these cars will be in 10-15 years time, given that they've finally caught up with the straight line performance of the STI Imprezas. These mega hatchbacks are definitely the future.

These thing are quicker than the equivalent 300bhp STI. There's virtually no lag, so instant power at any revs. My old STI PPP was a bit of a pig (in drivability terms) compared to the S3.

Wish 22 March 2015 08:45 PM

Mine was built last week.
Should be at the dealer for 1st or 2nd week in April.

The golf sold quickly so can't wait to get the S3

thenewgalaxy 22 March 2015 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 11650596)
These thing are quicker than the equivalent 300bhp STI. There's virtually no lag, so instant power at any revs. My old STI PPP was a bit of a pig (in drivability terms) compared to the S3.

As impressive as that is, I love the hum and hiss before all hell breaks loose. Some of these cars are almost turbodiesel in the way the power is delivered.

I feel that many cars have lost their character as manufacturers have chased "perfection" and that despite the dynamic gains and incredible performance we are as a whole losing out on what makes it all fun.

I have driven a lot of cars and some of them are literally like playing a computer game. I'm not saying I'm going to resort to wearing goggles and drive a Ford Model T every day but for the moment I'll stick to my dinosaur(s) for my driving pleasure.

Harryr34 24 March 2015 06:18 AM

Any pics? Spec?

They do look very nice, i did consider one but went for a Golf R in the end as my local dealer offered me a decent deal on an order with the spec I was looking for.

Wish 27 March 2015 07:05 PM

Dealer called today. Car has arrived and i collect my S3 tomorrow !!

stilover 27 March 2015 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Wish (Post 11654483)

Nice one. :thumb:

Really impressed with mine.

FlatoutDave 27 March 2015 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Wish (Post 11654483)

Are we on Audinet!!:razz:

RS Grant 27 March 2015 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by FlatoutDave (Post 11654613)
Are we on Audinet!!:razz:

Nope, you're in Other Marques bud... you should stop reading threads in this section, because you're gonna boil right out when you discover that the topics aren't Subaru-based. :lol1::cuckoo::lol1:

Cheers,
Grant

stilover 27 March 2015 09:52 PM

A few pics. Not the best, but all I got.

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...pstzemg4jd.jpg

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...psb4dvntqf.jpg

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...pscg8ohbk4.jpg

RS Grant 27 March 2015 09:56 PM

That colour looks lovely, specially in the sunny picture where it really pops out at you.

These are fantastic looking cars. Any photos of the interior??

Cheers,
Grant

stilover 27 March 2015 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by RS Grant (Post 11654630)
That colour looks lovely, specially in the sunny picture where it really pops out at you.

These are fantastic looking cars. Any photos of the interior??

Cheers,
Grant

I'll take one tomorrow, and post. Super Sports seats look great.

lozgti1 28 March 2015 07:58 AM

Lovely!!

Same colour as my Skoda vRS...excellent choice

Boyakasha 28 March 2015 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11650557)
Looks ok

How bigs the boot

I'd like to know this as well as the S3 has a small boot

Shaun 28 March 2015 09:53 AM

That looks very nice.... Get it modded! lol

hodgy0_2 28 March 2015 01:15 PM

Is it much smaller than an A4, doesn't look so from the pics

Dirk Diggler 75 28 March 2015 01:26 PM

Nice looking motor ....

scoobyboy1 28 March 2015 01:47 PM

Stunning motor in the best colour:luvlove:

I thought you was mad going for manual, and remember trying to justify the DSG in my Golf R.
After owning my R for a month now, I kind of see your point(first auto box for me) I reckon the manual would be so much more fun to drive!!:(

stilover 28 March 2015 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11654966)
Stunning motor in the best colour:luvlove:

I thought you was mad going for manual, and remember trying to justify the DSG in my Golf R.
After owning my R for a month now, I kind of see your point(first auto box for me) I reckon the manual would be so much more fun to drive!!:(

I think DSG is great if you do a lot of business miles, especially in town. But this is essentially a weekend car.

stilover 28 March 2015 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11654948)
Is it much smaller than an A4, doesn't look so from the pics

Think it's quite a bit small than the A4. That think is huge.

I think the A3 Saloon is now about the same size as the B5 A4.

hodgy0_2 28 March 2015 07:11 PM

Ah ok, the A4 must have grown too

I have a B6 - and yours looks about the same size

Looks good btw

Is it Torsen diff or haldex

Boyakasha 28 March 2015 07:25 PM

Have checked the brochure and the boots small

thenewgalaxy 28 March 2015 09:03 PM

All it needs is some gold wheels :D

Really lovely looking motor :)