ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   West Yorkshire (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/1021003-west-yorkshire.html)

Brooki 04 March 2015 09:54 PM

West Yorkshire

hi is their a owners club around the Leeds area?

Tidgy 04 March 2015 10:56 PM

tends to be a social at scoobyclinic at chesterfield on a sat.

leeds_182 04 March 2015 11:00 PM

What happened to the west yorks scoobs forum?

Brooki 05 March 2015 07:16 AM

thanks tidgy and leeds_182 that's what I thought. is it still running ?? is their a new group ??

wrx300scooby 27 March 2015 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by leeds_182 (Post 11639154)
What happened to the west yorks scoobs forum?

It died a death.

leeds_182 27 March 2015 07:09 PM

Rip

bustaMOVEs 27 March 2015 07:37 PM

Dont think folk used it in the past year so dont think the mod bothered renewing domain when it expired as most of the oldies had left

tez7431 27 March 2015 10:51 PM

There's Yorkshire Scoobys on face book. There talking about meets all the time.

BenC 28 March 2015 04:49 PM

Check out FB mate theres loads of us about :)

RisingSon 29 March 2015 11:22 AM

I have had little luck trying to find active meets in W Yorkshire. Leeds seems to be a black hole for scoobys. Supposed to be a meet at Squires (last Thursday I think, advertised inside Squires on their rolling events screen) But only me and a nice lady in her new impreza non turbo turned up and had a chat. Some scoobys at the general Jap meet first Tuesday at Squires. Anybody know of other meets going on in W Yorkshire let me know. I will try facebook as suggested again but had no luck there last time.
Cheers
H

Kevin_STI 29 March 2015 11:24 AM

Try Leeds Scoobys on FB mate they are planning local and national meets all the time:thumb:

BenC 29 March 2015 11:52 AM

Theres a meet on next Friday in Sheffield for the Fast 7 premier. I am going to organize a convoy down on Facebook, hopefully my car will be ready and it'll be the first time it'll be shown to this year :)

Find me on Facebook and drop me a message if you fancy it

https://www.facebook.com/carbenfibrecreations

alanbell 29 March 2015 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11654519)
Dont think folk used it in the past year so dont think the mod bothered renewing domain when it expired as most of the oldies had left

lol oldies ;)

silver sonic 29 March 2015 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by alanbell (Post 11655706)
lol oldies ;)

lol
shame wyioc died .
some really good lads in .
Alan did you used to have a peppermint classic?

alanbell 29 March 2015 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by silver sonic (Post 11655729)
lol
shame wyioc died .
some really good lads in .
Alan did you used to have a peppermint classic?

Yes, Then a blue 520 bhp jdm bug . now a 385 bhp standardv A8 tdi :(

silver sonic 29 March 2015 07:58 PM

thought it was you met you a few times.
had a sonic blue MY00 at the time

dunx 17 May 2015 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by RisingSon (Post 11655536)
I have had little luck trying to find active meets in W Yorkshire. Leeds seems to be a black hole for scoobys. Supposed to be a meet at Squires (last Thursday I think, advertised inside Squires on their rolling events screen) But only me and a nice lady in her new impreza non turbo turned up and had a chat. Some scoobys at the general Jap meet first Tuesday at Squires. Anybody know of other meets going on in W Yorkshire let me know. I will try facebook as suggested again but had no luck there last time.
Cheers
H

Old info at Squires, I tried to point out that as a fact but was ignored by the manager....

dunx

P.S. Us oldies don't do FB ! LoL

bustaMOVEs 17 May 2015 10:43 PM

Now then dunx, not seen you floating about for a while now.
Hope you're well ;)

RisingSon 18 May 2015 06:54 PM

Have now joined LSOC on FB a good bunch with plenty of meets and outings going on.

joe v3sti 19 May 2015 01:44 PM

LSOC haha

ronjeramy 14 June 2015 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by joe v3sti (Post 11684409)
LSOC haha

:lol1:

dunx 01 September 2015 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11683549)
Now then dunx, not seen you floating about for a while now.
Hope you're well ;)

Just wandered off and forgot where I was going.....

:wonder:

dunx

P.S. Turbo arrives at Squires tonight ! :luxhello:

Hoju 21 March 2016 11:54 PM

Sorry to bump an old topic.

I've recently got s scooby and add looking for an owners club or something for meets etc in West Yorkshire. I followed suggestions on here for Facebook groups but none accept your request to join so it's my going well.

Though I'm wondering if Leeds is just full of miserable scooby owners as non wave or flash back when you see them.

Seems every other car owner wants s look and chat instead!

bustaMOVEs 22 March 2016 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by ronjeramy (Post 11697068)
:lol1:

Originally Posted by joe v3sti (Post 11684409)
LSOC haha

+1 I had to remove myself in end

Jay Cartay 22 March 2016 02:59 PM

Some are really good lads/lasses in LSOC, some are a bit mental. It's a good group overall if you can look past the dafter members.

ossett2k2 22 March 2016 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jay Cartay (Post 11812135)
Some are really good lads/lasses in LSOC, some are a bit mental. It's a good group overall if you can look past the dafter members.

I understand that they are now going to kick people off who don't attend events as they think this will increase members attending??
Having recently joined myself,I work mad hours and find it hard to attend such events etc plus my car has been badly for the last few month.
I still read posts and comment/help out when I can.
I thought this kind of group was similar to forums where the community help out where they can,be it in person or over the cybernet.
I don't intend on attending any events in the near future so I expect I will be "unfriended" shortly.

bustaMOVEs 22 March 2016 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11812148)
I understand that they are now going to kick people off who don't attend events as they think this will increase members attending??
Having recently joined myself,I work mad hours and find it hard to attend such events etc plus my car has been badly for the last few month.
I still read posts and comment/help out when I can.
I thought this kind of group was similar to forums where the community help out where they can,be it in person or over the cybernet.
I don't intend on attending any events in the near future so I expect I will be "unfriended" shortly.

Would you want to be part of a group with that mentality?
The owner McGowan is a pure joker!

leeds_182 22 March 2016 03:55 PM

Tis a comical group.

ossett2k2 22 March 2016 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11812166)
Would you want to be part of a group with that mentality?
The owner McGowan is a pure joker!

Looks like I won't be for much longer,no sleep lost tho tbh.
Seems to be a lot of bickering going on between regular members,saying that there is here sometimes.
At least on here you don't have a threat to be excluded if you don't conform!
Obviously certain members get hit with the ban stick from time to time(with good reason) but we don't get told to F off if we don't attend events.
Ah well I will still flash and give a wave when I pass a Subaru in Leeds :)

Jay Cartay 22 March 2016 05:00 PM

I think the talk is of removing people that never post etc. rather than don't attend shows. I won't be attending many. And people will/do help each other out quite a lot. You just have to ignore the bull**** that often surfaces.

If you want to meet others who also love their Scoobies it's the only thing around Leeds really. The decent members make it for me though. The others I can ignore.