ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What have I done!!! - EDIT Cheshire Performance Cars Limited - READ (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1020837-what-have-i-done-edit-cheshire-performance-cars-limited-read.html)

pflowers 03 March 2015 04:13 PM

So Trinity - who apart from tubby is supporting you on this?

Even the OP is thanking the rest of us for our pragmatic approach.

Trinity 03 March 2015 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by pflowers (Post 11638134)

I suggest you read back through the threads for that information.

The OP is being a gentlemen on the thread, outside of it? well, thats for those in the messages to know.:thumb:

pflowers 03 March 2015 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 11638137)
I suggest you read back through the threads for that information.

The OP is being a gentlemen on the thread, outside of it? well, thats for those in the messages to know.:thumb:

Please don't tell me you're giving him advice by PM too? :(

Trinity 03 March 2015 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by pflowers (Post 11638140)
Please don't tell me you're giving him advice by PM too? :(

I don't need to tell you anything :thumb: lets just say, its comedy gold.

**jay** 03 March 2015 04:24 PM

Ffs keep this on topic or it will end up getting removed or locked, every single thread seems to end up going the same way these days

pflowers 03 March 2015 04:27 PM

I'm done with this thread now, I wish the OP the best of luck - he's going to need it.

fat-thomas 03 March 2015 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by pflowers (Post 11638134)

Im not supporting anyone,I just agree with him

kenc 03 March 2015 04:29 PM

Perhaps instead of being on here clocking up your post count, your time would have been better spent getting out into the real world and educating yourself about how things actually work and function..

Trinity 03 March 2015 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by kenc (Post 11638146)
Perhaps instead of being on here clocking up your post count, your time would have been better spent getting out into the real world and educating yourself about how things actually work and function..

Good plan for you fella, good luck with that :thumb:

Yep keep it on topic, will be a shame to lose another Cheshire Performance thread.

Gear Head 03 March 2015 04:39 PM

Well this thread has gone to the dogs very quickly. :rolleyes:

Trinity 03 March 2015 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 11638155)
Well this thread has gone to the dogs very quickly. :rolleyes:

Always does when you get the few throwing around insults and foul language, its a real shame we have them here, but takes all sorts I guess.Even WRX owners are welcome :)

ditchmyster 03 March 2015 04:43 PM

:facepalm2:

Sarg400 03 March 2015 04:49 PM

Cheshire performance must be laughing there horlicks off reading this dribble

jayallen 03 March 2015 04:59 PM

If nothing was signed regarding handing over a deposit then why shouldn't he try and recoup his money back now he has changed his mind? What have CP actually lost? Nothing....because they never really had another buyer and the fact that when Gear head phoned today to enquire about the car, they were more than happy to take another £500 deposit.

Ok, the OP's mind was swayed by this thread but so what, isn't that what forums are about, information? There is no doubt that if he had known about the company he would never had made the trip to view any car they have for sale and would any of you go through with a deal knowing what you know?.........Many years ago it was all about Keighley Trade Centre, I lost count of the amount of threads there was about Keilghley posted on this board yet each one read the same.......Stay away!

Members on this board are more fickle than UTD fans!

RAF1 03 March 2015 05:05 PM

Well if theres no receipt changing hands then whats to say the OP didnt buy a set of tyres off them :-) I.e. If it went to court how can he prove the £500 was a deposit and for that car.. Its clearly his word against theirs.

Raf

jayallen 03 March 2015 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by RAF1 (Post 11638171)
Well if theres no receipt changing hands then whats to say the OP didnt buy a set of tyres off them :-) I.e. If it went to court how can he prove the £500 was a deposit and for that car.. Its clearly his word against theirs.

Raf

Debit card receipt

Steve001 03 March 2015 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 11638088)
Exactly.

End of story really.

Or is it? Da da daaaaaa ;)

Trinity 03 March 2015 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Steve001 (Post 11638186)
Or is it? Da da daaaaaa ;)

lol. Its like Neighbours, never ending :)

Steve001 03 March 2015 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 11638190)
lol. Its like Neighbours, never ending :)

:lol1: I'm going to the shops in a minute to get popcorn and some pick'n'mix

Trinity 03 March 2015 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Steve001 (Post 11638200)
:lol1: I'm going to the shops in a minute to get popcorn and some pick'n'mix

lol. Its been a fun day!

I thought of a nifty little trick.

He gets his mate to ring up and pay a deposit for it on credit card. The car then is no longer available to be sold to him. He the gets his deposit back (they cant hold it on a car that has gone to someone else) and then his mate rings his credit card company to put in a fraud claim on the card. Totally illegal, but oh so briliant :)

Trinity 03 March 2015 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11638167)

Just the 'thick' ones :)

ossett2k2 03 March 2015 05:52 PM

If nothing was signed regarding handing over a deposit then why shouldn't he try and recoup his money back now he has changed his mind? What have CP actually lost? Nothing....because they never really had another buyer and the fact that when Gear head phoned today to enquire about the car, they were more than happy to take another £500 deposit.

Ok, the OP's mind was swayed by this thread but so what, isn't that what forums are about, information? There is no doubt that if he had known about the company he would never had made the trip to view any car they have for sale and would any of you go through with a deal knowing what you know?.........Many years ago it was all about Keighley Trade Centre, I lost count of the amount of threads there was about Keilghley posted on this board yet each one read the same.......Stay away!

This is so true and on topic!

Codders 03 March 2015 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 11638209)
lol. Its been a fun day!

He gets his mate to ring up and pay a deposit for it on credit card. The car then is no longer available to be sold to him. He the gets his deposit back (they cant hold it on a car that has gone to someone else) and then his mate rings his credit card company to put in a fraud claim on the card. Totally illegal, but oh so briliant :)

Great suggestion. This is not helping the OP at all.. Grow up! :freak3:

fat-thomas 03 March 2015 05:57 PM

spot on,
what most people are missing here is he has no confidence in cheshire non performance after reading the threads and being abused on the phone and falling for the other buyer scam.

so what if the car is ok, the company arent so why would you trust them if something went wrong.its well documented how bad their after sales service is.

Gear Head 03 March 2015 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 11638209)

lol. Its been a fun day!

Mate, really. This isn't doing him any favours is it?

Trinity 03 March 2015 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 11638238)
Mate, really. This isn't doing him any favours is it?

Called a little humour, I think a few on here need too lighten up :)

The OP is no longer reading this thread btw, we are all just waffling on because it entertains us.

RAF1 03 March 2015 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11638172)
Debit card receipt

That will only show a payment going through for £500 - Wont say what it is for...

Steve001 03 March 2015 06:02 PM

Here's my 2 penneth worth (not to be taken seriously BTW)

Ring CP tell them you are still interested in the car, you have my deposit to hold the car, unfortunately it will be several months until I have the funds available.

fat-thomas 03 March 2015 06:05 PM

if he never gets the car or his deposit back at least scoobynet has robbed chesh1te performance of a sale.
it may make them up their game as their poor reputation is now costing them business.

ossett2k2 03 March 2015 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11638250)
if he never gets the car or his deposit back at least scoobynet has robbed chesh1te performance of a sale.
it may make them up their game as their poor reputation is now costing them business.

Correct!
And if Cheshire Performance did the morally right thing and gave the OP his deposit back then it would go some way to improve their reputation as a place to avoid. If not then it's yet another bad thread on the Internet about company's to avoid! win win