ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   bellmouth to divorced downpipe (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1020645-bellmouth-to-divorced-downpipe.html)

brocksey 25 February 2015 08:49 PM

bellmouth to divorced downpipe

Will i have to have my map tweaked again if i do this as my bellmouth is on its way cheers and which is best bellmouth or divorced

328isport 26 February 2015 10:53 PM

I wouldn't worry about it, I've looked in to this before and whilst people have their favourites I didn't find anything conclusive that one was better than the other, and I really wouldn't bother having a map tweak for it.

brocksey 26 February 2015 11:19 PM

You think it wont affect at all swapping from a nurspec r to a milltek system if i kept my downpipe i have on and change center and back box be okay

328isport 26 February 2015 11:21 PM

Guessing they're both 3" systems? If so then yes I'd say you'll be fine!

brocksey 26 February 2015 11:26 PM

Both 3 inch original center resonator longer milltek is shorter nurspec back box smaller milltek is longer box but angled

brocksey 26 February 2015 11:30 PM

Just irritating me as some ppl say will mess air fuel up

328isport 27 February 2015 12:03 AM

Yes I know you'll get some people who say you should have a 'tweak' if you so much as change to a different panel filter.. but I really wouldn't worry dude.

The exhausts are like for like essentially, would seem ridiculous to me to have any ECU changes done on this basis.

brocksey 27 February 2015 12:04 AM

Ok buddy really aappriciate your help

bludgod 27 February 2015 12:24 AM

just to echo whats been said already - I've changed my backbox/exhaust a few times now

Starting with a magnex backbox/standard center/standard downpipe bit by bit up to the vortex afterburner backbox/center and a fully open downpipe.

Yes tweaks were needed when the downpipe on, but also when I switched from the vortex backbox to a smaller backbox you could see a difference in torque output.

You already have an aftermarket downpipe, your map should be fit to accommodate changing to another aftermarket downpipe without any problems.

Take a video of your boost gauge on a 3rd or 4th gear run before and after to compare - if it's going to spike it's most likely to be in the higher gears where any change in flow will be more apparent.

brocksey 27 February 2015 12:30 AM

I have a toucan screen so will datalog the boost propperly

iain710 01 March 2015 12:01 PM

So...if I wanted to change from a tsl rear box(which it was mapped with) to a quieter devil rear box,would I need a map tweak....
It was mapped with an open mouth down pipe and de resonated centre by the late JGM.

Cheers

bludgod 02 March 2015 09:24 AM

you aren't changing the downpipe though just the backbox? So no i wouldn't worry about the map unless your going from a 5" unrestricted backbox to a single 2" tip - if it's not much of a difference in size then you shouldn't have much need to worry.