ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   *****February ESOC Pub Meet***** (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/1020317-february-esoc-pub-meet.html)

Scoobysmeet 20 February 2015 09:26 AM

*****February ESOC Pub Meet*****

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6b47d82e.jpg

So another year is rapidly advancing and we can continue looking forward to another year of meets and shows.

Last months meet proved to be a fantastic one. We had plenty of familiar faces, lots of new members and the unexpected arrival of local dealer Perkins. They kindly brought along the new STI and Forrester for us all to have a good look at.

Thank You to Rob for once again providing us with another great flyer.

Please remember we have plenty of room and warmth in the pub if the weather is bad, and food and warm drinks are always available for anyone who is hungry. Of course if the weather is good we have plenty of room in the gardens.

Let's see if we can continue with the great attendance at this months meet and again provide a warm welcome to all the new owners that can make it.

There is also the opportunity to discuss any upcoming events or shows that anyone is interested in attending with the club. Also please feel free to suggest any shows or events for us all to attend as a club that you may have in mind.

The family owned pub offers fresh home prepared food hot & cold (food is served from 12 - 2pm) as well as a nice children friendly area for all the mini Esoc members.

13:00pm Saturday 28th February

The Rodney Inn
North Hill
Little Baddow
Chelmsford
Cm3 4tq.

Now the boring part. Please dont act in any form of stupidity i.e testing your exhaust loudness, donuts, burnouts etc. Any one caught or been reported to acting in this manner will be dealt with in certain ways which can lead to being asked to leave the venue. SN accepts no responsibilty for anyones driving style.

Right now thats done lets get some names down. Newbies come and make yourself known to us.

1. Scoobysmeet

ScoobyColin1207 20 February 2015 12:55 PM

It was a really good meet last month. Might leave the missus at home this time. Will we meet at sainsburys again?

stuart148 20 February 2015 06:11 PM

oh go on then , don't know what I'll be in tho ;-)

Luckystrike 20 February 2015 09:43 PM

Awww, this is the day before I pick up my STi :( :lol1:

Scoobysmeet 21 February 2015 10:51 AM

1. Scoobysmeet
2. ScoobyColin 1207
3. stuart148

No worries Lucky strike, were there every month mate.

Welcome to the club hopefully we will see you at a meet soon.

DantheMan2605 21 February 2015 01:32 PM

Pass for me, potentially rewiring parts of the car.

Gutted I'll miss the spec c stu ;)

Knotty_ 22 February 2015 11:06 AM

I'll be there, happy to meet at sainsburys again too.

stuart148 22 February 2015 11:16 AM

you will probably see it at the next ;-)

SirFozzalot 22 February 2015 10:48 PM

If everything goes to plan I should be at this one! :norty:

AdamJM 23 February 2015 12:50 PM

Unfortunatley Im working so wont be able to make it this time.Have a good one guys.

CutMasterT 24 February 2015 02:24 AM

I'll be there

FlatoutDave 24 February 2015 06:09 AM

Any scooby clubs in Birmingham? There used to be back in the day but that was 10 years ago!

Frizzle-Dee 24 February 2015 07:42 AM

Good Morning y'all! Just to let you know- I'm still alive :luxhello::lol1:

It's been a while and I apologise for my absence of late...I've been super busy with work and currently in the process of moving house!

That said, I sadly won't be able to make it this month either, but I'm hoping that by springtime I will be able to show my face again :thumb:

Hope you are all keeping well.

Have a good'un x

frayz 24 February 2015 12:41 PM

I was supposed to be collecting the car this saturday but its evolved slightly so the time frame has moved. So if im free ill pop down. :)

AdamJM 24 February 2015 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by stuart148 (Post 11630671)
oh go on then , don't know what I'll be in tho ;-)

Stu,that 13 plate STI that Perkins brought to the last meet is for sale on pistonheads.:norty:

stuart148 24 February 2015 02:34 PM

I can't afford 26k
well not this month lol

Scoobysmeet 24 February 2015 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Frizzle-Dee (Post 11632962)
Good Morning y'all! Just to let you know- I'm still alive :luxhello::lol1:

It's been a while and I apologise for my absence of late...I've been super busy with work and currently in the process of moving house!

That said, I sadly won't be able to make it this month either, but I'm hoping that by springtime I will be able to show my face again :thumb:

Hope you are all keeping well.

Have a good'un x

Hello stranger, long time and all that. Where are you moving to?

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 11633129)
I was supposed to be collecting the car this saturday but its evolved slightly so the time frame has moved. So if im free ill pop down. :)

Frayz, how's the bomber progressing?

Originally Posted by AdamJM (Post 11633156)
Stu,that 13 plate STI that Perkins brought to the last meet is for sale on pistonheads.:norty:

Lol, Adam don't tempt Stu! Hahaha

Knotty_ 24 February 2015 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by FlatoutDave (Post 11632930)
Any scooby clubs in Birmingham? There used to be back in the day but that was 10 years ago!

:facepalm2:

Frizzle-Dee 24 February 2015 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobysmeet (Post 11633195)
Hello stranger, long time and all that. Where are you moving to?

Hey Paul, hows things? How's the lil'un doing these days?
It has been a long time- August I think was my last meet.

Worst. Member. Ever.:lol1:

I'm moving to South Woodham Ferrers. So excited AND I'll be closer to the meet too with a nice new scenic route to take instead of droning down the A130.

frayz 24 February 2015 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobysmeet (Post 11633195)

Frayz, how's the bomber progressing?

Slow mate, it's kind of evolved from just a basic cage to a bit more.

Cage is now a full WRC S12 design and spec with WRC 3D gussets and couple of additions, also will be linked through to the rear diff so that will be solid mounted to the cage. the diff will have a tubular front cradle. The sills are getting as set of works sill tubes put in so its easy to work on, ABS is being fully deleted and all new brake/fuel lines going in.
Plus it's all gotta be painted and screens put back in.

Basically it's all got a bit silly. :Whatever_

JWalle 24 February 2015 06:27 PM

I will have to pass again as its this weekend I should have finally moved into my flat. Should hope to make the next one! Frizzle, you move in to South Woodham as I move out haha Where abouts in Woodham?

JohnD 24 February 2015 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 11633324)
Slow mate, it's kind of evolved from just a basic cage to a bit more.

Cage is now a full WRC S12 design and spec with WRC 3D gussets and couple of additions, also will be linked through to the rear diff so that will be solid mounted to the cage. the diff will have a tubular front cradle. The sills are getting as set of works sill tubes put in so its easy to work on, ABS is being fully deleted and all new brake/fuel lines going in.
Plus it's all gotta be painted and screens put back in.

Basically it's all got a bit silly. :Whatever_

You do realise that's going to be dreadfully noisy on the weekly trip to Asda:lol1:
JohnD

frayz 24 February 2015 08:29 PM

You think so John? :lol1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...pslmaxilwa.jpg

CutMasterT 25 February 2015 04:52 AM

CEL + smoke from bonnet = might not make it - getting looked at today so hopefully all will be ok.....oh the joys of Subaru ownership :(

Steve Cranfield 25 February 2015 09:05 AM

I am going to try and pop along for a quick beer and catch up...although not got a Scooby any more :( hopefully Merc estates are allowed in the car park :)

AdamJM 25 February 2015 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by stuart148 (Post 11633193)
I can't afford 26k
well not this month lol

Fair dos mate,hopefully it will still be there next month!!!! ;)

stuart148 25 February 2015 09:29 AM

any way I'm happy with the spec c :-)
well till a Evo MR comes along :-)

I really need to start keeping cars I like and stop swapping

just orderd a few bits for the spec c , so I'm going to have to keep it till they turn up in 20 days ;-)
and from what iv

AdamJM 25 February 2015 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by stuart148 (Post 11633698)

just orderd a few bits for the spec c , so I'm going to have to keep it till they turn up in 20 days ;-)
and from what iv

NNNOOOO!!!!,dont go to the darkside!!!! lol
I liked the T20,that was sweet.Do you know if we will be seeing it at the meets anymore? Would like to see the spec c but will have to wait till next meet as I cant make it this month...:(

frayz 25 February 2015 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by stuart148 (Post 11633698)

and from what iv

Bet you've got the DVLA on BT "friends and family" Stu :)

stuart148 25 February 2015 12:37 PM

come on lads iv not been that bad this year