ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   info on link g4+ ecu (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1019933-info-on-link-g4-ecu.html)

mtb 12 February 2015 07:51 PM

info on link g4+ ecu

anyone used the ecu any good

bludgod 12 February 2015 10:27 PM

i think they are quite popular on toyotas as when I had my GT4 it was they way to go for more power (stock ECU was pretty much untunable).

Cpt Jack Sparrow 13 February 2015 08:35 AM

^^ Agreed

Had one on my MR2 running just over 300Bhp, with mild mods and loads more opportunity, nice simple ECU to use.

Launch control and all the toys, switchable maps too

Cant speak for them on any other make though

MartynJ 13 February 2015 09:46 AM

We are Link/Vipec dealers and have use them to great effect on many cars over the years, however they aren't popular amongst Impreza owners for some reason.
We normally fit Alcatek or Syvecs to Imprezas, Alcatek for the budget market, Syvecs for those with deep pockets.

Paben 13 February 2015 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by MartynJ (Post 11626354)
We are Link/Vipec dealers and have use them to great effect on many cars over the years, however they aren't popular amongst Impreza owners for some reason.
We normally fit Alcatek or Syvecs to Imprezas, Alcatek for the budget market, Syvecs for those with deep pockets.

So for 'Budget' read cheap, Alcatek being the Aldi ECU as opposed to the Waitrose Syvecs? But at £1k+ per unit the Alcatek is hardly cheap and is surely all you would ever need for a road car isn't it? :)

bignath4607 13 February 2015 11:17 AM

Link g4

Im running one of these on my skyline mega bit of kit not cheap but i say buy nice or buy twice the features list is amazing on it

mtb 13 February 2015 10:37 PM

no point getting alcatek andy is a waste of time and will not answer his phone and takes to long to do anything
thanks for the replys .just got a syvecs

MartynJ 14 February 2015 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11626364)
So for 'Budget' read cheap, Alcatek being the Aldi ECU as opposed to the Waitrose Syvecs? But at £1k+ per unit the Alcatek is hardly cheap and is surely all you would ever need for a road car isn't it? :)

The Alcatek isn't £1k + per unit. It's that installed inc vat where the Syvecs is about £1249+ vat just to buy it.
It's not exactly lacking in features and yes I'm well aware of Andys customer service issues being one of his longest established dealers.

Dmacnz 19 February 2015 04:16 AM

Can't beat im the G4+ for the price.if you want all the bells and whistles I wouldn't look at anything else.
I run the link on my race car and street car. Very good system and easy to tune etc.

mtb 19 February 2015 06:34 PM

been told not that good

MartynJ 20 February 2015 08:43 AM

You've been told wrong, probably by someone selling you a Syvecs.

mtb 20 February 2015 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by MartynJ (Post 11630323)
You've been told wrong, probably by someone selling you a Syvecs.

martyn which ecu would be the better one to go with the link g4 or the alcatek .a friend is looking for one but will not spend the money on a syvecs

MartynJ 20 February 2015 09:36 PM

What is the spec of the car and is it mainly for road use or out and out motorsport use ?

mtb 20 February 2015 11:49 PM

motorsport sprint / track day

TimH 20 February 2015 11:53 PM

And, to butt in, Toucan works with Syvecs, AlcaTek AND Link/Vi-PEC...so any of them is a good choice from my point of view lol

MartynJ 21 February 2015 08:14 AM

Alcatek all the way and use the money saved compared to the cost of the link to add a load of additional sensors.
Wideband, oil pressure and temp would be useful and get a Toucan.

mtb 21 February 2015 09:39 AM

ok thanks