ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   "Her Majesty The Queen!" (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/101942-her-majesty-the-queen.html)

sebastian 04 June 2002 04:25 PM

Three cheers for our Sovereign, Her Majesty The Queen, Queen Elizabeth the Second:

"Hoopraah, Hooraah ,Hoorahh!"

"Confound her enemies, frustrate their knavish tricks, God Save the Queen!"

Mice_Elf 04 June 2002 04:31 PM

Rar! Much as I'm not really a Royalist, they do represent an historic part of Britain and I'm all for tradition. Do like to see bits of the world at peace for a bit and all being in the same place without fights occurring.

astraboy 04 June 2002 04:43 PM

<"Confound her enemies, frustrate their knavish tricks, God Save the Queen!">
Innit. republics suck the boiling luv paste out of the ridgid co(k of satan. Monarchys put the Great into Britain.
astraboy.

Chip 04 June 2002 05:46 PM

Nice one Seb. Sod the republicans.

Chip.

stephen emery 04 June 2002 06:12 PM

:eek:

Chip 04 June 2002 10:52 PM

Hey Steve,
Bet you took your day off today though didnt you.

Chip.

father_jack 04 June 2002 11:13 PM

I hope you are being ironic Seb.

"And we will crush the rebellious Scots" is my favourite line... not.

paulr 04 June 2002 11:18 PM

Cant stand the royals......its about time we all grew up a bit and got a proper head of state.

JackClark 04 June 2002 11:53 PM

The party looked good.

Funkii Munkii 05 June 2002 08:10 AM

Im not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination, but I have to say I did feel proud to be British yesterday, It looked amazing on the TV, reminded me of being a kid in 77, and it was a nice to have all the drums from the various nations from the commonwealth playing, gave it a more multicultural/party feeling, which is what this country has become in those 50 years, good to see the royals at least making an effort.

Good to see Concorde and the Red Arrows - how very British

I know everyone bemoans the royals but how often do we celebrate anything in this country?? Monday and Tuesday seemed to be some light relief from all the bull we put up with daily in this dump. People seemed happy for a couple of days which makes a change :)

Dave

stephen emery 05 June 2002 09:11 AM

I agree there's nothing wrong with being proud of were ya come from.
But linking it to lazy layabout leaches???

Must say the Royal publicity machine is working on over drive.

Wonderful never never, many people work harder longer and r forgoten.
Startling that thease flag waving bunch put so much effort in suporting a Very Rich Lady , and seem to be happy to see old folk left to rot in homes, folk scraching around to make ends meet and a cr@ppy NHS.
Just wonder how much this all cost the Tax payer?
And yep took day off ( was it an exta day) did you take may day off?
Back at work today , geus who's having another day off though??

steve

Nick Wadeson 05 June 2002 09:28 AM

None of the costs were covered by the taxpayer, they were all paid by sponsors (five million in all).......

I went down to London yesterday (and before you ask I'm not a royalist but am very proud to be English!) and I had a fantastic day.

The atmoshpere was electric and the singing of Land of Hope and Glory and the Concorde fly pass will stay with me forever!

Chip 05 June 2002 10:33 AM

Just when will people realise that they bring in a lot more thsn they take out.

Also how can anyone call the queen lazy. No way. Bet she works more hours than most on here. Has also given her total lifetime to her country. Not many would do that.

As for a proper head of state. What you mean Alister Campbell.

Just admit its been a good weekend of celebration which can only do the country good. Makes a change from all the bad news we seem to get on TV.

Steve, yes I did work on Mayday,and Xmas day and boxing day and new years eve.

Chip.

NotoriousREV 05 June 2002 02:52 PM

It was a great patriotic moment. For those who do not like this country or the way it is run, you know where the door is.

carpet 05 June 2002 03:13 PM

vive la republique !!! :D

jasey 05 June 2002 05:43 PM

NotoriousRev - Interesting. If you don't like the monarchy leave - very democratic :eek: I doubt the Royals even tow that particular line anymore :D