ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Disappearing Posts (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1019194-disappearing-posts.html)

PaulCaden 29 January 2015 09:13 AM

Disappearing Posts

A post I made on this forum on Monday, 'P1 Value', has disappeared, and I'm only getting 2 pages of posts. When I try to access my post via the email notification, I get an error message.

Any moderators that can shed a light on what is happening?

PaulCaden 29 January 2015 09:17 AM

Oops! Found the answer to the '2 pages of posts' issue. 'Display Options' at the bottom of the page is your friend...

PaulCaden 29 January 2015 12:02 PM

62 views and still no moderator? :P

Athame1 29 January 2015 04:00 PM

Try posting here

https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-31/

MattyB1983 29 January 2015 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by PaulCaden (Post 11615641)
62 views and still no moderator? :P

Give it a week or two and they'll be along :lol1:

Lisawrx 30 January 2015 12:24 AM

With regards to your thread 'P1 Value', it has been removed and having looked at it, I can only assume the moderator who has removed it, deemed it to be dressed up For Sale advert, especially when you went on to say:

Please send me a PM if you are interested in the car

That comment probably made their mind up as to remove it, rather than view the thread as a genuine request for just opinions.

PaulCaden 30 January 2015 02:11 PM

Ok, fair enough. I inadvertantly broke the forum rules, and I apologise for that. I thought it would save traffic on this thread if I took enquiries to PM. It wasn't intended to be an advert for sale, but as you say, a genuine request for opinion.

Having said that, it seems a bit draconian to just delete the thread with no explanation why. It could even have been moved to the 'For Sale' section with a mild slap on the wrist!

DJ Dunk 30 January 2015 02:47 PM

Yes, I removed the thread since it turned into a For Sale ad. It can't be moved to the 'For Sale' section since that requires paid membership. It's not fair on paying members to leave such threads in General. Sorry, we don't always have time to contact every poster to explain why threads have been removed.

Looks like you were getting lots of interest in the sale, so maybe purchase a membership ;)

Maz 30 January 2015 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by PaulCaden (Post 11616478)
Ok, fair enough. I inadvertantly broke the forum rules, and I apologise for that. I thought it would save traffic on this thread if I took enquiries to PM. It wasn't intended to be an advert for sale, but as you say, a genuine request for opinion.

Having said that, it seems a bit draconian to just delete the thread with no explanation why. It could even have been moved to the 'For Sale' section with a mild slap on the wrist!

You need to be a paid member to sell on here. Lots of cheapskates try to circumvent this by posting 'testing the water' and 'inviting opinions' threads. It's very annoying for those who actually pay to use this forum to sell.

jaygsi 30 January 2015 03:36 PM

Don't be a cheap skate its £12 for the year ;)

Originally Posted by PaulCaden (Post 11616478)

PaulCaden 30 January 2015 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 11616511)
You need to be a paid member to sell on here. Lots of cheapskates try to circumvent this by posting 'testing the water' and 'inviting opinions' threads. It's very annoying for those who actually pay to use this forum to sell.

It wasn't my intention to do this. Apologies again.

PaulCaden 30 January 2015 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 11616505)
Yes, I removed the thread since it turned into a For Sale ad. It can't be moved to the 'For Sale' section since that requires paid membership. It's not fair on paying members to leave such threads in General. Sorry, we don't always have time to contact every poster to explain why threads have been removed.

Looks like you were getting lots of interest in the sale, so maybe purchase a membership ;)

Understood. Again, it wasn't my intention to generate a sales advert.

DJ Dunk 30 January 2015 06:17 PM

Not a problem. Just wanted to explain the removal :)