ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Grant Shapps - how do they have the nerve? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1018971-grant-shapps-how-do-they-have-the-nerve.html)

f1_fan 25 January 2015 01:05 PM

Grant Shapps - how do they have the nerve?

Conservative Party chairman Grant Shapps today actually had the gall to state the Conservatives were the only party offering "complete control" over immigration and Europe.

:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

How can these people sleep at night when they are prepared to lie so utterly and completely.

In May 2014 David Cameron insisted his aim of getting net migration to the UK down to below 100,000 before May 2015 remained "perfectly achievable".

Three months later when it was revealed it had risen by 40000 to nearly 250000 he declared it was because he had no control over Europe and immigration therein.

The fact that nothing had changed in terms of control since he made his election lie... sorry promise... went unmentioned of course.

Now Shapps claims they offer complete control over Europe and immigration.

Liars, the lot of them!

ALi-B 25 January 2015 01:37 PM

Well they did scrap the UK boarder Agency. :D

Once they've finished messing about with restructuring and redundancy+rehiring packages as well as the pension quibbles and independent inquiries, then maybe the same people that used to work for the Agency that's now working for the re-branded UK boarder Force can have another look at controlling things...

...maybe...that's wishful thinking by the way :D

neil-h 25 January 2015 01:53 PM

You really need to get yourself off to Australia Chris, it'll do wonders for your blood pressure. ;)

scoobyskool 25 January 2015 02:03 PM

Why oh why cant we just implement a system like australia has - thats all we need for a start is to get a grip on whats coming and going

scoobyland 25 January 2015 02:05 PM

If you want that you'll need to vote UKIP.

c_maguire 25 January 2015 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11611843)
You really need to get yourself off to Australia Chris, it'll do wonders for your blood pressure. ;)

I predict that the miracle of the internet is such that, SHOULD he ever actually leave, he'll still be on here slagging off GB from behind his new Australian keyboard. The only difference will be his increased credibility as he tells everyone how marvellous OZ is (and by inference how he has yet again demostrated his superiority over the rest of the lemmings left behind).

f1_fan 25 January 2015 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by c_maguire (Post 11611861)
I predict that the miracle of the internet is such that, SHOULD he ever actually leave, he'll still be on here slagging off GB from behind his new Australian keyboard. The only difference will be his increased credibility as he tells everyone how marvellous OZ is (and by inference how he has yet again demostrated his superiority over the rest of the lemmings left behind).

Ah here it is, one of SN's leading homophobic nasty spiteful narrow minded little ****s that can't resist a dig. Have you anything to contribute on topic? No, didn't think so! So STFU for once!

f1_fan 25 January 2015 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyskool (Post 11611853)
Why oh why cant we just implement a system like australia has - thats all we need for a start is to get a grip on whats coming and going

Yep, nail on head :thumb:

scoobyskool 25 January 2015 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyland (Post 11611855)
If you want that you'll need to vote UKIP.

I do , gf does :thumb:

Martin2005 25 January 2015 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyskool (Post 11611853)

Because this is the UK not Australia

f1_fan 25 January 2015 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11611890)
Because this is the UK not Australia

Sadly!

alcazar 26 January 2015 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11611890)
Because this is the UK not Australia, we have no cojones, they have huge ones

EFA;)

I'm also loving Lying Labour's promise to get to grips with immigration...given that their policy caused the whole damned mess.:mad:

Tidgy 26 January 2015 12:14 PM

i see cameron is now saying people deserve tax cuts. how about we get out of the poo then consider it.

alcazar 26 January 2015 02:41 PM

Tory People? The rich then?

Plus ca change.......

scoobyland 26 January 2015 02:42 PM

yes that's right, Tories.

f1_fan 26 January 2015 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11612663)
i see cameron is now saying people deserve tax cuts. how about we get out of the poo then consider it.

The bloke is a feckless moron as are those that vote for his party!

Martin2005 26 January 2015 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11612830)
The bloke is a feckless moron as are those that vote for his party!

Seriously?

f1_fan 26 January 2015 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11612853)
Seriously?

Yes, why? You think a serial liar should be running the country?

scoobyland 26 January 2015 04:07 PM

I agree that David Cameron is no good at running this coubtry,

Carnut 26 January 2015 04:13 PM

Well lets be fair, they did stop a lot of people coming from out of Europe, it may have been to try and compensate for having no control over people from Europe but at least they tried. :)

It bugs me that UKIP are seen as the racists, at least they want fair for all and not just "take who we have too".

Martin2005 26 January 2015 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11612860)
Yes, why? You think a serial liar should be running the country?

It was the second part of your statement that caused me to respond

f1_fan 26 January 2015 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11612901)
It was the second part of your statement that caused me to respond

Yes, why? You think people who vote for a serial liar are sensible?

There you go :thumb:

Martin2005 26 January 2015 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11612910)
Yes, why? You think people who vote for a serial liar are sensible?

There you go :thumb:

Is he a serial liar? Or is that you projecting again?

f1_fan 26 January 2015 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11612913)
Is he a serial liar? Or is that you projecting again?

Yes he is!

I will implement Leveson. Oh no I won't.

I will get net immigration down. Oh no I won't

I will cut welfare spending. It's gone up.

I will spend more on the NHS each year. It's gone down.

I have created 1 million new jobs. Ah not really as of course more than half of them are reclassifications from the public sector to the private sector, self employed or zero hours contracts.

And so on and so forth.

The key is he knew he was telling untruths in the first place. I could forgive him if he said what he said with a real belief and then things went pear shaped, but he knows he can't deliver when he opens his mouth.

Miliband and Clegg are no better btw!

Martin2005 26 January 2015 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11612921)
Yes he is!

I will implement Leveson. Oh no I won't.

I will get net immigration down. Oh no I won't

I will cut welfare spending. It's gone up.

I will spend more on the NHS each year. It's gone down.

I have created 1 million new jobs. Ah not really as of course more than half of them are reclassifications from the public sector to the private sector, self employed or zero hours contracts.

And so on and so forth.

The key is he knew he was telling untruths in the first place. I could forgive him if he said what he said with a real belief and then things went pear shaped, but he knows he can't deliver when he opens his mouth.

Miliband and Clegg are no better btw!

These are lies in the same way that I 'lied' to my mum yesterday when i said I'd be round hers by 7:30 but got caught up in some traffic and arrived at 7:45.

If you call these lies then you are holding politicians to impossible standards.

There's a world of difference between being wrong and lying.

f1_fan 26 January 2015 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11612940)
These are lies in the same way that I 'lied' to my mum yesterday when i said I'd be round hers by 7:30 but got caught up in some traffic and arrived at 7:45.

If you call these lies then you are holding politicians to impossible standards.

There's a world of difference between being wrong and lying.

:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1: That is the funniest post on SN in a long while.

So failing to regulate the press or cut welfare spending carries as much gravitas as being 15 minutes late for seeing your Mum. Who is she? The Queen? ;)

markjmd 26 January 2015 05:35 PM

OK, so do we have a link yet or any other clue as to where the interview took place where Shapps used the actual words "complete control"? I know he's a politician, but to be making this specific claim seems like a bit of a stretch even for one of those. :Suspiciou

f1_fan 26 January 2015 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 11612964)
OK, so do we have a link yet or any other clue as to where the interview took place where Shapps used the actual words "complete control"? I know he's a politician, but to be making this specific claim seems like a bit of a stretch even for one of those. :Suspiciou

Now your post has led to something quite interesting. He said it on Sunday to Sky News, it was shown on their mid afternoon bulletins. It was also reported in this article on the BBC news site:

Farage hits back at defecting MP

But reading it now there is no mention of it. However it was there as I read it and digging I found this which is a relay of the article as was onto another site:

Farage hits back at defecting MP

And there is the quote as was in the original BBC article.

One can only wonder as to why the BBC removed it.... independent and neutral my ar5e!

hodgy0_2 26 January 2015 06:01 PM

Grant Shapps is the very epitome of a shyster

An Internet snake oil "get rich quick" merchant who used to ply is vainglorious bullsh1t around the www under the pseudonym of Micheal Green

Why he is given the time of day is a mystery

He promised to do a 1 for 1 deal with housing, one sold, one built - but it never happened, oh they sold one they just did not build one - just so much cr4p like his get rich quick schemes

Martin2005 26 January 2015 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11612946)
:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1: That is the funniest post on SN in a long while.

So failing to regulate the press or cut welfare spending carries as much gravitas as being 15 minutes late for seeing your Mum. Who is she? The Queen? ;)

Events dear boy, events