ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   World Trade Centre poll (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1018556-world-trade-centre-poll.html)

dpb 27 January 2015 11:04 AM

i reckon these conspiracy theories are mainly attractive to the couch potato who's unable / unwilling to venture out into the real world :thumb:

bonesetter 27 January 2015 11:08 AM

Yeah, I'm trying - still a few sofa's to go until I make ~38,000 posts :thumb:

Maz 27 January 2015 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by bonesetter (Post 11613689)
Yeah, I'm trying - still a few sofa's to go until I make ~38,000 posts :thumb:

You would definitely not fit in to the couch potato category. I'm sure you've helped a lot of couch potatoes though.

gary77 27 January 2015 08:35 PM

Reading the replies of some of the believers its amazing how many miss the point being made

scoobyland 27 January 2015 08:36 PM

I know muslim terrorists were to blame, but the collapse of WTC-7 does look very much like a controlled demolition.

dpb 27 January 2015 08:38 PM

Controlled demolition would be preferable, over uncontrolled

scoobyland 27 January 2015 08:56 PM

I am beginning to think the US government got al-Qaeda to do a controlled demolition.

stipete75 27 January 2015 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyland (Post 11614267)
I know muslim terrorists were to blame, but the collapse of WTC-7 does look very much like a controlled demolition.

Muslim terrorists living in caves thousands of miles away, there is not a definitive single piece of evidence linking bin laden to 9/11, al-Queda offered to hand bin laden over to the US but wanted proof first, Bush had zero proof!
It was a controlled demolition on WTC7.
WTC-6 is talking point regarding damage!

scoobyland 27 January 2015 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by stipete75 (Post 11614291)
Muslim terrorists living in caves thousands of miles away, there is not a definitive single piece of evidence linking bin laden to 9/11, al-Queda offered to hand bin laden over to the US but wanted proof first, Bush had zero proof!

Do yu mean WTC-7?

stipete75 27 January 2015 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyland (Post 11614295)
Do yu mean WTC-7?

Yes, did I st st st stutter?:)

Carnut 27 January 2015 10:58 PM

http://www.forbes.com/2001/09/14/0914ladenmoney.html

stipete75 27 January 2015 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Carnut (Post 11614527)

On the first line it's says "suspected mastermind"
I say again, zero factual proof.

Carnut 27 January 2015 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by stipete75 (Post 11614538)

Not taking about proof, you talk them down as being poor cave men. (Read the bit in bold from my previous post)

Geezer 28 January 2015 02:55 PM

Likewise, as there isn't a single piece of evidence linking it to the US government, where does that leave us?

Al Qaeda never offered to hand over Bin Laden, but the Taliban did. As nutty as the Taliban are, they knew the US would come after him and I imagine that offer was through self preservation rather than anything else.

There is no evidence of a controlled demolition, except a few quotes taken out of context or misunderstood, and conspiracy theorists not understanding what happened, and blindly refusing to believe the explanations because it doesn't fit a conspiracy.

Geezer 28 January 2015 02:59 PM

I think it's pretty clear that what transpired on the day is true. The only question, I think, that could possibly not be unequivocal is who. I believe it was Muslim terrorists, I dno't see why the US govt would do it, what they would gain, it's too hard to keep secret.

Occam's razor.

jonc 28 January 2015 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by stipete75 (Post 11614538)

:lol1: Did I just read that right, you want actual factual proof? It's a conspiracy conjured up by the US Government to blame OBL. :lol1:

hodgy0_2 28 January 2015 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 11614888)
I think it's pretty clear that what transpired on the day is true. The only question, I think, that could possibly not be unequivocal is who. I believe it was Muslim terrorists, I dno't see why the US govt would do it, what they would gain, it's too hard to keep secret.

Occam's razor.

what WAS downplayed was the fact that they were not just "Muslim" terrorists

but "Saudi" Muslim terrorists - that must have been a blow to the narrative Bush et al wanted to portray in the immediate aftermath of 911 -

the links between Bush and the House of Saud are pretty clear - and documented

as Al Gore would say an "inconvenient truth"

Maz 28 January 2015 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11614941)
what WAS downplayed was the fact that they were not just "Muslim" terrorists

but "Saudi" Muslim terrorists - that must have been a blow to the narrative Bush et al wanted to portray in the immediate aftermath of 911 -

the links between Bush and the House of Saud are pretty clear - and documented

as Al Gore would say an "inconvenient truth"

'Joined at the hip' is the term that springs to mind Hodgy. If you put George Bush and King Abdullah in to Google image search you'll be surprised at the result.

JTaylor 28 January 2015 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 11614964)
'Joined at the hip' is the term that springs to mind Hodgy. If you put George Bush and King Abdullah in to Google image search you'll be surprised at the result.

Which is what OBL despised.

Maz 28 January 2015 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11614968)
Which is what OBL despised.

Given the events of OBL's alleged death I'm not sure he wasn't on the CIA payroll (yes I'm wearing my tin hat before anyone asks).

JTaylor 28 January 2015 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 11614980)
Given the events of OBL's alleged death I'm not sure he wasn't on the CIA payroll (yes I'm wearing my tin hat before anyone asks).

Jolly good.

Maz 28 January 2015 05:08 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...as-killed.html

hodgy0_2 28 January 2015 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 11614986)

isn't that just a squabble about bragging rights

are you doubting the central narrative - that OBL was shot dead in abbottabad

Maz 28 January 2015 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11614992)
isn't that just a squabble about bragging rights

are you doubting the central narrative - that OBL was shot dead in abbottabad

I'm dubious. There seems to be too many inconsistencies and lack of hard evidence. We are being asked to believe an account from a source not renowned for it's honesty.

Martin2005 28 January 2015 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 11614999)
I'm dubious. There seems to be too many inconsistencies and lack of hard evidence. We are being asked to believe an account from a source not renowned for it's honesty.

I think we can be fairly confident he would of done a few talk shows by now if he is still alive

Maz 28 January 2015 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11615002)
I think we can be fairly confident he would of done a few talk shows by now if he is still alive

Nah I think he was little coy for talk shows. ;)

Butkus 28 January 2015 05:37 PM

The Twin Towers are still there - the whole thing was a hoax filmed in a studio in the Nevada Desert, on the orders of Prince Philip.

stipete75 28 January 2015 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 11614887)
Likewise, as there isn't a single piece of evidence linking it to the US government, where does that leave us?

Al Qaeda never offered to hand over Bin Laden, but the Taliban did. As nutty as the Taliban are, they knew the US would come after him and I imagine that offer was through self preservation rather than anything else.

There is no evidence of a controlled demolition, except a few quotes taken out of context or misunderstood, and conspiracy theorists not understanding what happened, and blindly refusing to believe the explanations because it doesn't fit a conspiracy.

Excuse me, I meant the Taliban.
I'm pretty sure John Kerry and Silverstein separately admitted the fall of wtc-7 was a controlled demolition or pull for safety reasons? How can those quotes be misunderstood?

I think overall there is probrarly more independent evidence supporting the theories that 911 was an inside job than osama's men, if not maybe 50/50?

hodgy0_2 28 January 2015 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by stipete75 (Post 11615016)
Excuse me, I meant the Taliban.
I'm pretty sure John Kerry and Silverstein separately admitted the fall of wtc-7 was a controlled demolition or pull for safety reasons? How can those quotes be misunderstood?

I think overall there is probrarly more independent evidence supporting the theories that 911 was an inside job than osama's men, if not maybe 50/50?

What evidence, I have not seen you give one bit of evidence just a load of waffle

Unless you mean a bloke in his garden with too much time on his hands, a chemistry set and an angle grinder or someone using the term "pull"

Which been thoroughly debunked

Gives us some actual evidence - surely there is some if all the building were rigged for explosives

stipete75 28 January 2015 07:31 PM

Credible witness statements from firefighters to experts in all different fields.
Witnesses who have died in suspicious suicides and car accidents post 911.
Confessions of wtc7 being pulled on camera.
Molten steel
Osama publicly denying he had any part of 911 at first.
A fat Osama suddenly admitting in a dodgy camera interview he was cause of 911.
Small hole in pentagon.
No grass damage to the front of the pentagon.
No CCTV worth mentioning.
Bush's brother in charge of security at the wtc.
Documented Power outages and floor shutdowns in the weeks leading up to 911.
In wtc2 a company called baseline had 78/79 floors just below the planes entry point, the company director has history with a nano thermite company, also is very well connected with the government.
Wtc1 had fireproofing modifications upgrades in late 2000 on floors 92-100(documented) the planes entry point was floors 94-99.
Chain of command were all busy and doing something on the day of the attacks.
Air defence failures.
The pentagon attack side was newly renovated.
America rehearsed a 911 attack in 2000 including the pentagon being hit.
Dodgy inside trading in the days prior to 911,,billions pre 911.
Wtc towers insurance, privatised just before the attacks.
The magic passport.
Air traffic control tapes destroyed as was the planes black boxes.
The 911 commission unanswered questions.......approx 400 in total. Why?
Faulty radios causing the deaths of the first responder firefighters, expendable?
The media blackout of prominent doubters,US congress, retired high ranking military officers, former ministers etc.
The pentagons missing trillions pre 9/11' announced on 9/10.
Project northwoods?
And many
Many
Many more unanswered questions and coincides.
Speculations, red herrings,false information, counter arguments.