ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Mapping? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/1016872-mapping.html)

gregwill 14 December 2014 11:36 PM

Mapping?

Orite everyone?? Right then a couple of weeks ago I had my car put up on the rollers in indigo gt. For you that don't know its a jdm litchfield T20 hawk the car came in at 326/319 they said its running marginally lean?? The car currently has a 3" miltek exhaust with sports cat (is it worth decating as im not really looking for big figures) twinscroll turbo ect and will have a new filter on it once serviced.

Currently having the car poly bushed and serviced at the moment so ill be looking to get a new map on it early in the new year. Im not looking for major figures out of it but with a new map what should I be looking to expect? I would hope for about 340 give or take, or am I being a tad over the top?

Well as far has mapping goes I know theres plenty of choice. I am leaning/preferring the idea of having the car mapped on the rollers. I know indigo are just up the road and would ideally be the easiest option I have also been thinking about going to powerstation because I believe that's where my car was originally mapped when imported. So any feed back on these would be greatly appreciated also I am open to any other places any of you guys know of. Ideally though I don't want to be travelling 3/4 hours in order to get a new map but still open to opinions so I could be persuaded I guess.

Cheers in advance everyone

Greg

Infected by sti 15 December 2014 12:12 AM

As you probably know quite a few have had their cars done at indigo and they are happy with them. Me personally, I've only used Bob Rawle.

You should quite easily achieve the figures you want from your setup and if going full decat then some see 370 off the standard turbo but can cause headaches come mot time for some.

dave_t 15 December 2014 11:21 AM

A RR tune is always nice to do, but fettled on the road afterwards.
My suggestion for a mapper would be: Duncan (RaceDynamix) who regularly comes your way and uses Indigo's rollers.:thumb:

GONZO01 15 December 2014 12:13 PM

Afternoon Greg how are things fella? You should see around 350+ I should think on your car but as infected said if you go full decat it's a pain in the arse mot time but if you are ok with that then fine. Duncan (race dynamix) mapped mine on the road but it didn't go on the rollers and the car has been transformed pulls like a train in every gear and I'm more than happy with how it drives. I will be using Duncan again early spring/summer once my new bits are added but everyone has different opinions on mappers etc so it's horses for courses really in who you get to map your car.

dave_t 15 December 2014 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by GONZO01 (Post 11582603)
everyone has different opinions on mappers etc so it's horses for courses really in who you get to map your car.

As long as its Duncan or Bob in this area ;)

S3LDM 15 December 2014 04:31 PM

Hi Greg,

I had my UK hawk STI (PPP) mapped at indigo only mods are Rodger clarke induction, Blitz Nur Spec 3" exhaust, NGK heat 7 plugs, with the PPP high flow cat

Went for Ecutek Race-rom map because of all the extras that come standard, it achieved 353 BHP with 395 torque. I was not chasing figures wanted to know the car was running safe with the generic Prodrive map that had been done to the car at the dealers, when the car was new with just 10 miles on the clock.

If I had removed the high flow cat I would have been looking at about 370 BHP and also an improvement in torque

gregwill 15 December 2014 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by GONZO01 (Post 11582603)
Afternoon Greg how are things fella? You should see around 350+ I should think on your car but as infected said if you go full decat it's a pain in the arse mot time but if you are ok with that then fine. Duncan (race dynamix) mapped mine on the road but it didn't go on the rollers and the car has been transformed pulls like a train in every gear and I'm more than happy with how it drives. I will be using Duncan again early spring/summer once my new bits are added but everyone has different opinions on mappers etc so it's horses for courses really in who you get to map your car.

Things are all good thanks mate hope they are with you also!? I have heard all good things about the mappers mentioned its just choosing which one then I suppose lol might just have to spin the bottle ;-) Think I will most definitely keep it to a map on the rollers though purely because ill have a print of what its running ect.

gregwill 15 December 2014 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by S3LDM (Post 11582826)
Hi Greg,

I had my UK hawk STI (PPP) mapped at indigo only mods are Rodger clarke induction, Blitz Nur Spec 3" exhaust, NGK heat 7 plugs, with the PPP high flow cat

Went for Ecutek Race-rom map because of all the extras that come standard, it achieved 353 BHP with 395 torque. I was not chasing figures wanted to know the car was running safe with the generic Prodrive map that had been done to the car at the dealers, when the car was new with just 10 miles on the clock.

If I had removed the high flow cat I would have been looking at about 370 BHP and also an improvement in torque

Hi mate

What extras come with that map is it auto blip ect? Also does race-rom cost more over a standard map? Some nice figures from it you had, I would be more than happy in that region power wise.

I did read some where that some jdm models cant have have some of the extra features would thought that must be wrong though!?

Infected by sti 15 December 2014 05:25 PM

I don't think you can have the same features are lee as yours is cable throttle iirc? Lee has DBW/FBW (drive / fly by wire) which can have the racerom features, I think you can have the mega rom from memory which can host 2 boost and fuel maps, but don't think it has all the same features as a uk hawk.

Cannon Fodder 15 December 2014 05:53 PM

Unfortunately the JDM Newage cars cannot run RaceRom as it can only be used on cars with DBW throttle control, you can have MegaRom which allows twin maps with LC but not AL.

I've used Bob Rawle on a number of occasions including running a very successful group buy with him but I won't be using him again due to his poor communication. I've been waiting for an age for him to come back to me on mapping my Hatchback STi so I've now voted with my feet.

I don't mind spending my money but I certainly won't keep chasing people to do so, if somebody won't take my money then there are plenty of others who will. :)

gregwill 15 December 2014 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Infected by sti (Post 11582887)
I don't think you can have the same features are lee as yours is cable throttle iirc? Lee has DBW/FBW (drive / fly by wire) which can have the racerom features, I think you can have the mega rom from memory which can host 2 boost and fuel maps, but don't think it has all the same features as a uk hawk.

Ahhh thought I read it somewhere lol Ill have to have a chat with who ever I choose to have the map done with. Not that I'm to bothered about having certain features on what ever maps are out there as long as its all running nice ill be a happy chap :-)

gregwill 15 December 2014 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 11582914)
Unfortunately the JDM Newage cars cannot run RaceRom as it can only be used on cars with DBW throttle control, you can have MegaRom which allows twin maps with LC but not AL.

I've used Bob Rawle on a number of occasions including running a very successful group buy with him but I won't be using him again due to his poor communication. I've been waiting for an age for him to come back to me on mapping my Hatchback STi so I've now voted with my feet.

I don't mind spending my money but I certainly won't keep chasing people to do so, if somebody won't take my money then there are plenty of others who will. :)

You have any where in mind where you may go then? As you mentioned a group buy when I was on the RR day there was a few other lads with Subaru's who will also/might be looking to get their car's mapped so I will ask them. Might get some sort of deal, how many did you need to see any sort of discounts on mapping?

Peter Pan 15 December 2014 06:38 PM

I've booked my blob STI in with Anthony at Indigo GT for a date very early in January to be re mapped as it's only a 15/20 minute drive away so it's very convenient for me, they also fitted ESL and mapped my Classic STI although a little disappointed that the 3 port was not fitted at the time so couldn't be mapped to it's full potential.
I came very close to contacting Bob Rawle but read there can be a wait and hard to get hold of at times and need it done ASAP :thumb:

Cannon Fodder 15 December 2014 06:43 PM

I'm off to Enginetuner in Plymouth, not really convenient but I'll take the car down there on day one, stay in a local hotel, enjoy the area and then pick it up late on day two.

They've got a rolling road and finish/tweak the map on the road for me.

I was going to organise a group buy with JGM (RIP) but it fell through due to dates and timings.

GONZO01 15 December 2014 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by gregwill (Post 11582861)
Things are all good thanks mate hope they are with you also!? I have heard all good things about the mappers mentioned its just choosing which one then I suppose lol might just have to spin the bottle ;-) Think I will most definitely keep it to a map on the rollers though purely because ill have a print of what its running ect.

I'm ok mate had some bad news recently but getting back to normal now and Xmas has helped take my mind off things with the kids etc. hopefully catch up soon mate and let us know who you decide to go with for your map.

STI Glenn 16 December 2014 04:16 PM

Well i would try Bob Rawle had a hawk jdm de cat 370 400 ,Ty you got me booked in with my FSTI straight funny that he not communicating

Cannon Fodder 16 December 2014 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by STI Glenn (Post 11583795)
Well i would try Bob Rawle had a hawk jdm de cat 370 400 ,Ty you got me booked in with my FSTI straight funny that he not communicating

Very true Glenn, but for some reason he has ignored my subsequent emails so I won't be bothering again with him.

Like I said I have no problem spending the money but I will only spend it with people who appreciate my business and get back to me, I am not even asking for instant answers or service as I know that everyone is busy but I do not expect to have to repeatedly chase for answers and then get ignored. :wall:

dave_t 16 December 2014 05:06 PM

Hear this story too many times about Bob.

Think its called semi-retirement...;)

The Trooper 1815 16 December 2014 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by dave_t (Post 11583847)
Hear this story too many times about Bob.

Think its called semi-retirement...;)

Or very busy.

gregwill 16 December 2014 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by STI Glenn (Post 11583795)

By the looks ill be booking with indigo gt because a fair few have had theirs done there with all good reviews. Would you say 370/400 is safe to be running last thing I would want is it going pop on me but that could happen anytime I suppose.

boosted 16 December 2014 06:38 PM

When you say lean what was te AFR? Can you post the AFR vs boost graph?

gregwill 16 December 2014 06:57 PM

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/...psa1d91169.jpg

gregwill 16 December 2014 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by boosted (Post 11583920)
When you say lean what was te AFR? Can you post the AFR vs boost graph?

All they said to me was its running a tad lean??? didn't talk much to the chap as he was flat out in all honesty because it was a rolling road day so was a fair few cars to get through for one day. Graph posted anyways so maybe you can explain what the AFR means to me because I don't have a clue lol

boosted 16 December 2014 08:16 PM

As you can see it shows 12-12.2:1 AFR on that graph. Very stable and even at that.
Most tuners like to see 11.5:1.
It's obviously safe enough as it's not gone pop yet.
I would question the calibration of their wideband sensor as they can stray with age.
It will make more power at 12:1 than 11.5:1, so richen it up and you will loose some power.

STI Glenn 17 December 2014 12:16 PM

Maybe Bob is in semi retirement or very busy ,but i still would not use any on else

boosted 17 December 2014 12:20 PM

No one else see what I see?

STI Glenn 17 December 2014 12:23 PM

Wot you mean

boosted 17 December 2014 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by STI Glenn (Post 11584457)
What do you mean

As I said in my previous post above.

STI Glenn 17 December 2014 01:13 PM

Greg my map with Bob 370 400 very safe done 8,000 mls didnt miss a beat ,also my S204 with cat on 370 395 did not miss a beat 9,000 mls

gregwill 17 December 2014 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by boosted (Post 11584010)
As you can see it shows 12-12.2:1 AFR on that graph. Very stable and even at that.
Most tuners like to see 11.5:1.
It's obviously safe enough as it's not gone pop yet.
I would question the calibration of their wideband sensor as they can stray with age.
It will make more power at 12:1 than 11.5:1, so richen it up and you will loose some power.

So does this mean that mine is running bad or not? Pulls really well as it is and never had any problems with it, touch wood!!