ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   PSI3 Data Monitor (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1016011-psi3-data-monitor.html)

tkammen 28 November 2014 05:26 PM

PSI3 Data Monitor

1 Attachment(s)
I finally found the data monitor I want. I actually got two! Both are working and look pretty good. I'll be getting the last one they made eventually and maybe another one from Poland. These things are awesome.

Attachment 70339

tkammen 02 December 2014 04:00 AM

So I got another PSI3 today. It's an older LCD one and the screen is all messed up. I'm going to try and fix it and see what happens. It is a S1004 from what the face plate says but the board on the back says S1002 ISS.2 SERIAL No. ______ (blank). So i'm not sure what it is but it is definitely older than my other ones.

jaygsi 02 December 2014 11:15 AM

Are these easy to wire up?

The Trooper 1815 02 December 2014 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11573088)
Are these easy to wire up?

If you have a car with an OBD then it's plug and play. You can buy extra sensors (Defi) and they will give you more info.

If no OBD then no.

the shreksta 02 December 2014 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11573284)
If you have a car with an OBD then it's plug and play. You can buy extra sensors (Defi) and they will give you more info.

If no OBD then no.

any idea where to get the defi sensors from?

tkammen 02 December 2014 05:49 PM

When I bought the first two monitors the previous owner gave me either the oil temp or oil pressure sensor. It's a long skinny brass fitting with two wires coming out of it. It goes where the stock oil pressure sensor is right under the alternator. When I get my other data monitor I am going to install the sensors and see how they work. I can't wait to have an oil pressure and oil temp gauge!

jaygsi 02 December 2014 11:20 PM

How much the monitors cost? I have the pod

tkammen 02 December 2014 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11573602)
How much the monitors cost? I have the pod

It all depends on who is selling it and if it works or not. I paid $250 USD for the two in the picture and for the one I got last night I paid $100 USD and that one doesn't work. The seller either knows what they have or they don't. They usually go for a good amount of money.

The Trooper 1815 05 December 2014 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11573285)
any idea where to get the defi sensors from?

Defi and other quality suppliers sell them. They are the normal one but you need to get a manual to connect to the correct pins on the back.

Gambit 05 December 2014 10:35 PM

I have this thread bookmarked which gives the pin numbers

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...ring-help.html

i bought defi replacement oil temp & pressure sensors from japan & US i think, id need to double check they are lying in glovebox as i havent got round to fitting yet

tkammen 22 December 2014 02:08 PM

Does anyone know how to fix the data monitor when it starts to show different characters? Last night my blue screen one started showing all different characters and was not working properly. I was told it did this before I purchased it and now it's starting. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. I would really like to fix this one.

Gambit 22 December 2014 10:45 PM

You can get them repaired by the fella who use to make them. Simon Base @ Auwell Electronics.

Basically it's a dry joint somewhere. You can also get somebody local to reseat the components using a hot air station.

tkammen 22 December 2014 10:54 PM

Do you know a way to contact Simon? I just put my other data monitor in today and now that one isn't working. So I have three broken data monitors. :mad:

Gambit 22 December 2014 11:06 PM

Just Google Auwell Electronics and then ring :)

tkammen 22 December 2014 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gambit (Post 11588631)
Just Google Auwell Electronics and then ring :)

I'm in the US. I would rather email. Haha.

the shreksta 22 December 2014 11:10 PM

Auwell Electronics Ltd

Units 16-17
Oldends Industrial Estate
Oldends
Stonehouse
Gloucestershire
GL10 3RQ
United Kingdom
T: 01453 791111 | F: 01453 791313
E: | W: www.auwell.co.uk

tkammen 23 December 2014 01:36 AM

So I found a broken solder connection on one of the data monitors. I soldered it back and it still doesn't work. I'm thinking there is something wrong with the micro-chips. I wish I knew more about all this technology stuff haha.

Bansheeboy11 07 January 2015 07:32 PM

I think i have the only monitor in the states that actually works correctly! haha

tkammen 23 April 2015 03:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Going to bring these things back up. After a few months of searching I now have 5 PSI3 data monitors and have one more lined up to buy. Love these things and if anyone has one they're selling please let me know.

Attachment 70342

jaygsi 23 April 2015 09:21 AM

:lol:

You need help asap bud

veerinder9 23 April 2015 09:46 AM

Lmao fpmsl. Ffs. Why would you want so many. By the way. You willing to sell one?

Scooby-Mark 23 April 2015 11:23 AM

Jesus, 5 of them !! you need help :lol1::lol1:

Loving the look og the carbon fibre one

I have one in my car that works when it feels like it, must only be a loose connection somewhere but can't seem to remove it from the dash pod to check.

TBH I would rather swap for Defi's or sell once I have sourced a set of gauges.

Gambit 23 April 2015 04:34 PM

i found they cant tell all the fault codes. likes of secondary air pumps faults. engine light on, PSI3 says no fault current or historic fault codes!

i painted over my carbon fibre facia, found it too tacky looking

tkammen 23 April 2015 05:38 PM

They are kind of rare and will most likely be worth something eventually. As of right now I won't be selling any.

What car are you using it on where it won't read the fault codes? I'm guessing a new one because 06+ have air pumps.

Gambit 23 April 2015 10:02 PM

Yep 06 sti. It just won't read all fault codes as I guess it only has codes up to a certain date and they stopped making them on 04

Also ive found the dash top ones always balls up when left in direct sunlight/heat but will always return to normal after being in shade/cooled down. I guess the solder joints must expand.

Still a great little unit though

tkammen 24 April 2015 12:45 PM

I think you need the newest one. It's the graphing one made for 2005 I believe. I still have to buy one of those ones.

My friends and I have found the same thing when they sit in the sun. All of us have ours mounted on top of the dash and the heat messes it up. Usually when they cool down they go back to normal. Very strange and I cannot get a hold of Simon who people say repairs them. Might have to start tinkering with them myself to see if I can repair them or not.

*matthewturb2000* 24 April 2015 03:26 PM

Any one got a broke one for sale cheap?

Gambit 24 April 2015 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by tkammen (Post 11670303)
I think you need the newest one. It's the graphing one made for 2005 I believe. I still have to buy one of those ones.

My friends and I have found the same thing when they sit in the sun. All of us have ours mounted on top of the dash and the heat messes it up. Usually when they cool down they go back to normal. Very strange and I cannot get a hold of Simon who people say repairs them. Might have to start tinkering with them myself to see if I can repair them or not.

he wont be able to do anything either, ive had a couple of mine "serviced" by him for faults, but the screen always messes up in sun. need some way of protecting the circuit boards from heat exposure, or move it down below the stereo - but i like the dash top setup

graph ones are mental money!

Scooby-Mark 24 April 2015 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by tkammen (Post 11670303)

Hmmm could explain why mine is so temperamental then :wonder::wonder:

Had one in my old car in the dash below the stereo and never had a problem, this one in the dash top is a pain :mad::mad:

When it suffers from heat does the screen scramble and / or keep turning off ??

t1gger 24 April 2015 04:46 PM

Ive got the graphical one.got it from mattyb on here he sold it as not working sent it to auwell electronics took a bit of time but they repaired it .funny thing is when i turn it on turnin concepts. Com comes up when it turns on at first which i think is an american company when i goggled it .the screen stops displaying info sometimes for a few seconds.also got an old one had that repaired display went wrong