ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Urgent help fuel pump,fuse/relay (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1015443-urgent-help-fuel-pump-fuse-relay.html)

ossett2k2 18 November 2014 12:04 PM

Urgent help fuel pump,fuse/relay

Hi I'm having problems starting the car,1996 WRX type RA.
It ran fine this morning on the way to mums,got in to take her shopping and the car won't start. The fuel pump is not priming. My mechanic fit a new scoobyworx 290lph pump 2 months ago so I can rule that out for now,the immobiliser is working ok(when I press the fob with ignition on then the cel+battery light come on as they should)
I have had a good look and a bit of reading on here but I'm struggling to find the fuel pump fuse or the relay :(
Non of The 3 relays in the interior fuse box are marked up as the pump and the under bonnet ones aren't either.
I have looked at the fuses and they all look ok but I haven't got my multimeter with me to check properly.
Can anyone help me with the location of the fuse and relay please?
Cheers
Rich

Barry C 18 November 2014 01:04 PM

PM me your email and I will send a pic that might help

ossett2k2 18 November 2014 01:11 PM

Thanks Barry pm sent

peter zippy reid 18 November 2014 01:42 PM

Pm sent

ossett2k2 18 November 2014 02:14 PM

Thanks for the help Barry. I'm still struggling to find the fuse panel the you said was located in the passenger side under the dash :(
Can anyone confirm the location of this panel that holds the fuel pump relay on a V3 JDM?

Rescue Dude 18 November 2014 02:43 PM

I'm 99% sure that the fuel pump relay is NOT in that fusebox.

I'm sure it's one of the ones hanging above it. It IS not one of the square ones it's round.

It looks like this.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=su...ay%3B169%3B225

It's under the dash, above the pedals on the DRIVERS side.

ossett2k2 18 November 2014 02:45 PM

Can anyone help me on the location of the fuel pump relay on my V3 JDM before I ring the AA to get towed home? Barry did suggest it was in a fuse panel under passenger side dash but it's not there,I have even removed the glove box and there is no sign of a fuse/relay panel :(

ossett2k2 18 November 2014 02:48 PM

Cheers Rescue Dude. I have the lower part of the trim under the steering wheel off,I can see the fuse box but not the relays. I will go and have another good look for it

Paulo P 18 November 2014 02:57 PM

if it's not relay related it could be the hose between the pump and tank cover plate, that hose burst on my sister's car and it was just firing the fuel straight back into the tank and it wouldn't start but the pump was running and priming.

Rescue Dude 18 November 2014 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 11563439)
if it's not relay related it could be the hose between the pump and tank cover plate, that hose burst on my sister's car and it was just firing the fuel straight back into the tank and it wouldn't start but the pump was running and priming.

The OP's car isn't priming.

ossett2k2 18 November 2014 03:03 PM

Had another look but can't locate it,I think a bit of frustration is setting in so that's not helping :(
I will check tomorrow when I'm back home

johned 18 November 2014 03:03 PM

Has the car got an immobiliser?.

ossett2k2 18 November 2014 03:39 PM

Right. The AA got it going. Tested and power to the pump ok,then put the electric connecting block back on and it fired up and got me home no probs.
I can only think that the connector is at fault,If it was the pump failure then it would have started would it? I have switched the ignition off and on several times and it's priming fine now :)

Barry C 18 November 2014 03:44 PM

Could just be one of those gremlins running around (" ,)

ossett2k2 18 November 2014 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Barry C (Post 11563466)
Could just be one of those gremlins running around (" ,)

Yup I hate those sods! I will give the connecting block a good clean tomorrow and hope I don't see the dam gremlins again :thumb: