ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Man to be eaten by anaconda (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1014814-man-to-be-eaten-by-anaconda.html)

stevebt 06 November 2014 07:16 PM

Man to be eaten by anaconda

Some idiot seems to want to make a video for the Discovery channel of him being eaten by an Anaconda :cuckoo:

http://www.people.com/article/discov...nda-to-eat-man

BBB3 06 November 2014 07:23 PM

I like **** like that :)

I remember this guy called Austin Stevens, he claimed to capture a anaconda
Live on camera he jumped in the water, wrestled the snake and captured it with his bear hands, turns out the anaconda had been "doped" and "fed" so that was no chance it could of attacked...

cjquicksilver 06 November 2014 07:27 PM

I assume to get him out they going to chop up the snake? Or better be giving mr snake some turbo lax!

the shreksta 06 November 2014 07:43 PM

Doesn't the idiot realise that the snake will crush his organs and bones before eating him..........

stonejedi 06 November 2014 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11555459)
Doesn't the idiot realise that the snake will crush his organs and bones before eating him..........

+1 the man is a complete dickhead,He will be fcuked up by the time he reach's the snake's belly,and then when the snakes dissolving acids (that they produce when they eat) will finish him off.But what a documentary that would make:D.SJ.

*matthewturb2000* 06 November 2014 07:54 PM

Does he drive a stickerd up impreza..... :Suspiciou

stonejedi 06 November 2014 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by *matthewturb2000* (Post 11555482)
Does he drive a stickerd up impreza..... :Suspiciou

You know what!,I think he does.SJ.

the shreksta 06 November 2014 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 11555478)
+1 the man is a complete dickhead,He will be fcuked up by the time he reach's the snake's belly,and then when the snakes dissolving acids (that they produce when they eat) will finish him off.But what a documentary that would make:D.SJ.

I used to keep snakes and you would believe the crushing power they have.i had a 7 foot python and she was so strong.i would feed her large rats (dead ones of course) and she would wrap 3 to 4 coils around it and just hold it tight for ages before gobbling it down:cry:

dpb 06 November 2014 08:32 PM

I feel sorry for the anaconda :(

An0n0m0us 06 November 2014 09:45 PM

I think they may have overlooked a small detail relating to the protective suit. It may be designed to protect against chomping and stomach acid but they fail to mention it protecting against the massive constriction the snake will do to turn him into a bag of mush before it attempts to eat him :rolleyes:

BBB3 06 November 2014 10:17 PM

It will be Good watch....hopefully lol

ditchmyster 07 November 2014 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11555537)
I feel sorry for the anaconda :(

+1

andy97 07 November 2014 08:42 AM

Constrictor snakes kill by applying great force which causes the prey animal's blood pressure to sky rocket before the heart can no longer sustain the pressure. Then they continue to crush to soften the prey before swallowing whole .

dpb 07 November 2014 09:32 AM

Its done its crushing before the swallowing.

Maybe he'll just spit the yank back out, don't suppose he'd taste that good

neil-h 07 November 2014 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11555615)
I think they may have overlooked a small detail relating to the protective suit. It may be designed to protect against chomping and stomach acid but they fail to mention it protecting against the massive constriction the snake will do to turn him into a bag of mush before it attempts to eat him :rolleyes:

Besides, if they gave him a protective suit that would survive the whole encounter i.e. the snake can't crush it. Then surely said snake would **** it off as a bad idea and go off looking for something else to eat.

Anyways, surely the common sense approach would be to use a manaquin and a gopro...

Rescue Dude 07 November 2014 11:58 AM

This is going to be done for 'entertainment'?

I despair sometimes at what tv companies churn out and more at what some people think is entertaining.

njkmrs 07 November 2014 04:13 PM

Cant wait to see him re appear as a pile of "crap"....

Maz 07 November 2014 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11555802)
Constrictor snakes kill by applying great force which causes the prey animal's blood pressure to sky rocket before the heart can no longer sustain the pressure. Then they continue to crush to soften the prey before swallowing whole .

The blood pressure thing hasn't been confirmed yet, it remains a theory. Furthermore a constrictor only squeezes to the point where the heart stops. Squeezing is very energy consuming and elevates a snake's metabolism several fold. A constrictor will only squeeze to the point where it fails to sense a heartbeat.

An0n0m0us 07 November 2014 06:29 PM

So they are relying on the suit to stop any detection of his heartbeat by the sounds of it so the snake thinks he is already dead and won't crush him? It will still crush him though as it needs to turn its meals into pulp so it doesn't have any awkward bones to swallow :facepalm:

scoobygaz1 03 December 2014 07:21 PM

Looks like he's done it in a carbon fibre suit with oxygen!:freak3:Naturalist Paul Rosolie speaks about being 'eaten alive by anaconda' – Daily TV round-up

stevebt 12 December 2014 07:14 PM

I watched the show or should I say fast forward thru most of it. It was on for 1hr 32m and it was mostly about finding an anaconda but in the last 10 minutes he finally got to grips with one.

He lay down in his suit and let the snake coil around him but he constantly struggled so how he thought it would try and swallow him is beyond me.

He took some armour from his arms before the encounter so he could move but the snake started crushing his arms and he asked his team to come in and save him. His heart beat rose to about 160bpm so even with his suit to protect him he was still in danger of the snake bursting his heart.

He finished saying he was happy with how the suit held up so he is going to try the same with a bigger snake next time, the next time with a bigger snake it will crush him even shouting for his team to save him :D

angel1368 12 December 2014 07:29 PM

he sounds like an attention seeking retard