ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Recommended insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1014377-recommended-insurance.html)

mjharper 30 October 2014 10:09 PM

Recommended insurance

Been with Sky for a couple of years was too lazy to switch last year and have been quoted £611 this time round.

I'm 30, 11 years held licence, no claims or points, Hawk WRX.

Comparison sites have quoted me at around £230! I'd like a performance insurer ideally though as I plan turbo upgrades etc in the next 6 - 10 months.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

thenewgalaxy 30 October 2014 10:52 PM

Give Gary at Keith Michaels a call, the link is on my signature.

mjharper 30 October 2014 11:12 PM

Cheers

Rob Day 31 October 2014 12:16 AM

£230 ?

Is that genuine?

No offence to Gary in the slightest, in fact he has always done a Sterling job for me, but I cant see him beating this for best postcode in the UK, so I suspect something is amiss with your £230 quote.

Inured as non turbo?, Limited mileage?, Curfew driving time?, High excess?

I an mid 30's and my last impreza quote was £600 all inc, postcode was C or D rating I think, full NCD, mrs added. It was a 2.1 Stroker Classic which wont have helped, but even basic STI's I have had never insured for less than £450.

Rob

mjharper 31 October 2014 08:19 AM

Actually it has assumed a lot of information that was incorrect, when I updated it correctly it came to £372 but still a lot cheaper! (hastings direct)

I don't mind paying a bit more for a proper performance car insurer but less than £611 if poss :)

Originally Posted by Rob Day (Post 11550558)
£230 ?

Is that genuine?

No offence to Gary in the slightest, in fact he has always done a Sterling job for me, but I cant see him beating this for best postcode in the UK, so I suspect something is amiss with your £230 quote.

I an mid 30's and my last impreza quote was £600 all inc, postcode was C or D rating I think, full NCD, mrs added. It was a 2.1 Stroker Classic which wont have helped, but even basic STI's I have had never insured for less than £450.

Rob

WRXrowdy 31 October 2014 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Rob Day (Post 11550558)
£230 ?

Is that genuine?

Rob

Why would something be wrong with a quote for £230. That's about what I pay through direct line. In fact the basic premium without ncb protection and motor legal protection is listed on my policy documents at £190.
Mileage is down as 8000 per annum though as this is what the average has been over the last four years.

neil-h 31 October 2014 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy (Post 11550515)
Give Gary at Keith Michaels a call, the link is on my signature.

Another reccomendation for Gary at Keith Michaels here, he's always seemed like a really straight up bloke when i've spoken to him. Even as far as to say he was unlikely to be able to touch the quote I got from Sky last year, so it realistically wasn't worth my time to get them to quote. He has how ever done us the best price this year.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 01 November 2014 10:39 AM

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

mjharper 01 November 2014 11:52 AM

PM sent

Jamo 01 November 2014 11:54 AM

I've been insured with Gary At Keith Michaels for 10 years now. Can't see the point in looking anymore, it's not even the price, it's the service!