ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   2000 UK Turbo cheapest turbo scoob to insure? (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/1013993-2000-uk-turbo-cheapest-turbo-scoob-to-insure.html)

TommyM95 23 October 2014 05:19 PM

2000 UK Turbo cheapest turbo scoob to insure?

Sorry if I sound daft, not too knowledgable with Subarus.

WRXs, WRX STIs are generally out of my league for insurance so I never consider them what so ever!

However, I was offered an Impreza Turbo 2000 for the car I'm selling. I had a little nose online with insurance companies and I'm getting some nice prices.

Just want to check I'm not being screwed over... I checked for Evo 4 insurance a while back (Import obviously) and comparison sites were giving me very low prices but as soon as I ring admiral, it's sky high as it was an Evo and import!

Obviously theUK Turbo is not an import, the prices I'm getting should be about right? Does anyone know what the insurance group is for the UK 2000? I understand they're not as good as the WRX/WRX STI but I wouldn't mind own a Scooby for a bit :)

JamieJerkovic 23 October 2014 06:05 PM

Just double check when doing the quotes mate, ive done numerous quotes for import sti/wrx and uk sti/wrx sometimes wasnt much difference in the price.

Moley 23 October 2014 07:34 PM

Always ring any company who quote on these comparison sites to make sure everything is correct.

A lad on here a while back got quoted £900 online for a UK car, which jumped to £2800 when he tried to set it up.

piehole1983 23 October 2014 07:43 PM

My UK turbo cost me £500 to insure (Northern Ireland of course) but any of the JDM cars are at least double that. Crazy.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 23 October 2014 07:53 PM

Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. If you wanted to private message me your contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

Moley 23 October 2014 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by piehole1983 (Post 11545953)
My UK turbo cost me £500 to insure (Northern Ireland of course) but any of the JDM cars are at least double that. Crazy.

Feel free to give me a call and we may be able to help on that

0208 3291167

:thumb:

BLU 23 October 2014 08:32 PM

You'll be surprised! My V7 STi is cheaper to insure than my DTi Zafira!!!

TommyM95 24 October 2014 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX (Post 11545958)
Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. If you wanted to private message me your contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

I am 19 though! I don't want to give Scooby owners the impression I'm just a youth who wants to rag an Impreza around, I'm just considering one as a weekend car if the insurance is okay! I have had no trouble insuring my Focus ST with Admiral (they do give me a really good price for my age which is under £1k) But I did get my years no claims 7 months early due to the multicar policy renewing so I'm on 3 years NCB! Just want to check that I'm not getting my hopes up on insuring a UK turbo 2000! WRX/WRX STI/Any Evo they won't touch me untill I'm 21 of course!

ven 24 October 2014 11:04 AM

Its so difficult to advise as age/post code and insurance companies pick quotes out of a hat!!

I lost my no claims thanks to a false claim years back,so i am down from 15 to 5ncb,i was paying £460 on a old modded shogun 3L v6 with breakdown through Lancaster. So for ease i got a quote from them,i got back £700 fully comp with breakdown..........needless to say i was happy with that(should be a lot less mind)
I have used for example adrian flux,good quoted,but after care(being very very polite) left a lot to be desired quote"guilty till proved innocent"

Garaged,low miles,much security as possible,even consider advanced driving(ask if makes a difference first as varies) and also an approved dash cam(around £80 iirc off amazon) will or could help .

Just thoughts:thumb:

ven 24 October 2014 11:06 AM

Too add if getting to 21 is the issue,only other way would be a named driver till then.........

TommyM95 24 October 2014 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by ven (Post 11546328)
Its so difficult to advise as age/post code and insurance companies pick quotes out of a hat!!

I lost my no claims thanks to a false claim years back,so i am down from 15 to 5ncb,i was paying £460 on a old modded shogun 3L v6 with breakdown through Lancaster. So for ease i got a quote from them,i got back £700 fully comp with breakdown..........needless to say i was happy with that(should be a lot less mind)
I have used for example adrian flux,good quoted,but after care(being very very polite) left a lot to be desired quote"guilty till proved innocent"

Garaged,low miles,much security as possible,even consider advanced driving(ask if makes a difference first as varies) and also an approved dash cam(around £80 iirc off amazon) will or could help .

Just thoughts:thumb:

Thanks for the heads up buddy! I'm in a Group A postcode which benefits me massively!

I will give Admiral a call and see what they say! Just don't want to make a bell of myself again like when I was told an Evo 4 was £1400 then was told it was impossible to insure me but I believe a lot was to do with it being an import! I may have luck with a UK Turbo 2000. I've always been an Evo fan so maybe if I can insure a UK Turbo, my head may be turned towards an STI when I'm older. :)

ven 24 October 2014 03:18 PM

Now my post code(not direct in M41) but just outside is classed now as high risk. All it takes is a few issues and BUMP ........i digress

I remember when i was 19/20 and trying for insurance on then group 20(of course changed now but highest group you can have)

My best quote back in 1995 was 1800 fully comp,to me awesome considering times now!!!!!! but it was a lot back then still. After deposit it was £140 a month..........1400 tbh seems not too unreasonable. My original quote was 1400,then they said as a customer...........you know the spiel :rolleyes: 700 with breakdown. Needless to say i just took it out.
ps-18yr old opposite was quoted £3500 on a Corsa............thats cheapest too.

Good luck with it:thumb:

TommyM95 24 October 2014 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by ven (Post 11546500)
Now my post code(not direct in M41) but just outside is classed now as high risk. All it takes is a few issues and BUMP ........i digress

I remember when i was 19/20 and trying for insurance on then group 20(of course changed now but highest group you can have)

My best quote back in 1995 was 1800 fully comp,to me awesome considering times now!!!!!! but it was a lot back then still. After deposit it was £140 a month..........1400 tbh seems not too unreasonable. My original quote was 1400,then they said as a customer...........you know the spiel :rolleyes: 700 with breakdown. Needless to say i just took it out.
ps-18yr old opposite was quoted £3500 on a Corsa............thats cheapest too.

Good luck with it:thumb:

Dang £3500 for a Corsa! My Peugeot 106 diesel (my daily) is around the £400 mark to insurance with 0 no claims as I've stuck the Focus ST on the 3 years NCB policy!:luxhello:

piehole1983 25 October 2014 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 11545964)
Feel free to give me a call and we may be able to help on that 0208 3291167 :thumb:

On just the JDM's or the £500? I'm not due to renew until about the end of May next year though.

Moley 25 October 2014 06:18 PM

The JDM part