ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Two piece discs.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/1013984-two-piece-discs.html)

SpecC_Chris 23 October 2014 04:02 PM

Two piece discs....

Looking at two piece disc's to run with the brembo four pots..

Performance friction seems to pop up abit but has anyone actually bought and used the Godspeed ones?

If so what do you think?

Are paying more for name with performance friction or are they much better..

Godspeed - 350
Pf - 700

stonejedi 23 October 2014 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by SpecC_Chris (Post 11545797)
Looking at two piece disc's to run with the brembo four pots..

Performance friction seems to pop up abit but has anyone actually bought and used the Godspeed ones?

If so what do you think?

Are paying more for name with performance friction or are they much better..

Godspeed - 350
Pf - 700

Performance Friction disc are Quality,and a definite worth while purchase,i have also seen Ian's two piece disc but for the AP caliper's and to be truthful they looked to be superb quality also,but for me the PF disc are worth the money they are Superb and have never let me down even after very hard track use.SJ.

BBB3 23 October 2014 10:01 PM

Ross sport some gyro discs which all the evo boys are running on track/road

stevemoir 24 October 2014 12:19 AM

Do you work for ross sport lol

Pf discs all the way

Steve

BBB3 24 October 2014 06:46 AM

No Steve, just that I found Ross sport to smash peoples prices with all the stuff I needed and want, I used to have a evo so always used them, good bunch of guys

He sells PF to :)

Godspeed Brakes 24 October 2014 08:48 AM

We have plenty of people running our 1 and 2 piece discs on the STi's , we offer a 12 month guarantee on our discs even if you do track days , if the quality wasn't there we couldn't afford to offer that kind of guarantee.

We could offer you our front 2 piece discs , one piece rears , and good spec pads front and rear all for the same price as PF discs and bells ! you would get far better braking fitting this package than just fitting PF front discs.

We also sell PF discs and bells , and we can offer them also with our bells which brings the cost of them down , our bells are made to the exact spec and standard of PF bells so there would be no drop in quality.

Hope this helps

Cheers Ian

jura11 25 October 2014 05:31 AM

Hi there

As above there,I would go with PF Discs without the doubts,I know they cost more than comparable 2 piece discs,but still I would choose them

Thanks,Jura

birchy2010 25 October 2014 07:14 AM

I run the giro discs. Fine for fast road but when really hammering imive either got an issue with the disc or the giro disc pads will chuck smoke out of them. Running the giro disc race pad too.

alcazar 25 October 2014 07:54 AM

Godspeed ones all the way...dunno if PF guarantee theirs against warping, but Ian does.

stonejedi 25 October 2014 08:35 AM

Reading your original post again:)i would go with the Godspeed setup if money is the issue my wife has used them on her car and a few of my mates have them but with there AP calipers and think that they work very good.But in my opinion the PF setup is the best two piece kit that you can get to work with the gold brembo's,and i am saying that from using them for over 11 years now,and they have been superb throughout:thumb:that's why they command a more expensive price.Quality is Never cheap.SJ.

RICHARD J 25 October 2014 09:06 AM

I've got the Godspeed discs on my classic with gold Brembos & can't fault them. They have been on for about two years & at over 450 BHP I can tell you that they work well & can take some hard braking. I looked at the PF discs & I've heard they are the best but are very expensive. Ian convinced me to buy these & the warranty which even covers track days swung it for me.

SpecC_Chris 25 October 2014 12:40 PM

About 50/50 but thanks for the feed back. Both sound good :) tough desision

Ideally I wanted the porshe brakes from
Power station but don't want to move from the 17inch alloys.

AS Performance 25 October 2014 08:18 PM

PFC rotors are the 'best' - full stop IMO............we simply dont get returns or warranty issues with them

others come close but no cigar, next similiar option would be the likes of the DBA's