ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Finally flying the nest for good.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1013922-finally-flying-the-nest-for-good.html)

LSherratt 22 October 2014 01:39 PM

Finally flying the nest for good....

After 24 years living with 'Mummy and Daddy' (excluding a couple of years at Uni) :lol1: I'm finally leaving for good this weekend and I can't blummin wait! It's been quite a big build up and I'll be living with my girlfriend so hopefully it'll turn out good and touch wood there won't be any major problems.

Any essential survival tips? :D

Edit: Was meant to post this in NSR, mods please move...

craigybaby 22 October 2014 01:44 PM

Congrats mate it's always good to move out :thumb:

thenewgalaxy 22 October 2014 01:47 PM

I never went back home for more than a few weeks after leaving for uni in 2002.

The most important thing is keeping healthy and managing your finances.

fat-thomas 22 October 2014 01:48 PM

i doubt most of the people on here have left home yet so id use google :)

ditchmyster 22 October 2014 02:06 PM

Bloody hell, I left home at 18yrs old as soon as I finished college and got a proper job, I actually had great parents as well but just wanted my own space, don't know how folks can stay with parents for so long, my lad will be out on his ear as soon as he finishes his education, teaches you to stand on your own 2 feet IMO.

P.S, I am sure your parents can't wait either, ;) they've gone way above and beyond the call of duty. :lol1:

jazzyjembreaze 22 October 2014 02:25 PM

Make sure the gun cabinet stays locked but close at hand in suburbia lol

donny andi 22 October 2014 02:27 PM

Expect takeaway food from now on , constant fecking moaning and a shi1te sex life by Christmas .

Oh and she will be spitting a kid out within a year :lol1:

Tell her you can't move 'fully' in just yet

Tommys88 22 October 2014 02:33 PM

Just let the missus think she's always right, even when she's wrong she's right!!!

WRXrowdy 22 October 2014 02:48 PM

Right'o, way to get yourself firmly under the thumb

Sometimes they need telling for their own good, like my missus who was adamant one of the safest places to be in a thunder storm was outside in the hot tub:cuckoo:

huzzy1 22 October 2014 03:19 PM

I left home at 16 but it's always good to go back now and then. But having your own gaff is great, not so great living with the misses though.

EOEUMC 22 October 2014 07:18 PM

Another scoob up for sale soon then :D

LSherratt 22 October 2014 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by EOEUMC (Post 11545241)
Another scoob up for sale soon then :D

Fat chance! :Whatever_

rob84 22 October 2014 11:13 PM

wait for the constant nagging and her wanting you all the time to sit bored ****less in the house. I that Just head to the garage for sanctuary & come out when there food beer or sex on the cards

L.J.F 23 October 2014 10:00 AM

This time next week your balls will be in her handbag....

EOEUMC 23 October 2014 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11545403)
Fat chance! :Whatever_

:lol: Well see :D

Once you get that thumb print on your head, you'll be begging your parents to take you back.... :cuckoo: lol

Kwik 23 October 2014 06:49 PM

Try to avoid having children, they are expensive and annoying.

Graz 24 October 2014 10:02 AM

Enjoy. Having your own space is a great thing.

Wish my brother had the same get up and go, 40 years old and still at home with Mum. He's even bought his own place over a year ago but won't move in until he's finished decorating. Must be running out of jobs to do now :rolleyes: He even had a taste of freedom whilst at Uni for a few years but still came back :cuckoo:

For me, after University I think I would have found it pretty hard to live at my parents again. My initial thoughts were to get a job near to home so I could live with them for a while and save up but luckily I couldn't find work locally so ended up on the other side of the country from them. Moved out for good at 22 years of age.

Turbohot 24 October 2014 12:00 PM

Good on you, LSh. Enjoy it. :thumb:

From my perspective as a mother parent, it is a sad day when your child moves out. The son moved out at 17. I kept his room intact as it was; for four years after he had left. I hoped for him to come back one day; until the daddy gave me a reality check that the son has factually moved out for good. The daughter gave me a reality check in a family conversation in India when she said that she had virtually moved out at 17 as well, and lived with her BF and in the Uni since then. I hardly saw her since then, but have been living in denial. She's now 22. I await for the bombshell on me after she comes back from her travels that she's fully moving out, and I am prepared. Will still be very sad for me, but I'll be very happy for her.

In fact, I did same to my parents, and I know that I needn't feel sad for that sort of thing. However, when you're in your mid-late 40's, you look back and feel that now you'd pay anything to re-live that time when you lived safe and sound with your parents and siblings under the same roof. But things move on. You then live with remembering those pleasant times as your memory has it engraved on it- in its own nostalgic tongue.

Cats are very useful at times like that. They keep the house warm with their infantile innocence, affection and energy.

fat-thomas 24 October 2014 12:02 PM

dont forget to do her on the table ;)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 24 October 2014 12:04 PM

Was sent to boarding school in England at 8 so never really lived at home since then, so leaving was easy once school finished & especially as not much work going in Ireland at the time (& now)

ljpaddock 24 October 2014 01:50 PM

Make sure you lay the foundations early on that she has to do all the washing, ironing, dishes ect otherwise you will be like me. Get home Friday after work keen for a few beers only to find all my clothes are still in the wash basket.

tony de wonderful 24 October 2014 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by ljpaddock (Post 11546436)
Make sure you lay the foundations early on that she has to do all the washing, ironing, dishes ect otherwise you will be like me. Get home Friday after work keen for a few beers only to find all my clothes are still in the wash basket.

Nothing a slap won't fix. :lol1:

greenonedave 24 October 2014 04:55 PM

Don't burn your bridges, we got both our kids back ....

DARB 24 October 2014 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11544980)
I'll be living with my girlfriend so hopefully it'll turn out good and touch wood there won't be any major problems

Oh to be young and naive again :lol1::lol1:

pimmo2000 24 October 2014 05:53 PM

Best advice I can give mate is check she's not in the bathroom before you shoot.

fatscoobfella1 24 October 2014 06:16 PM

Isnt this the house your parents built for you ??

On your parents land ?

dpb 24 October 2014 06:45 PM

What's he done with them....? :Suspiciou

pflowers 24 October 2014 06:55 PM

I'm surprised no one has asked for pictures of the girlfriend to be posted up :norty:

pimmo2000 24 October 2014 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by pflowers (Post 11546643)
I'm surprised no one has asked for pictures of the girlfriend to be posted up :norty:

Good idea:thumb:

hodgy0_2 24 October 2014 07:51 PM

Lol if I want to see a picture of a Sheep I will go to a Welsh dating website