ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Sti my06 problem with driveability (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1012758-sti-my06-problem-with-driveability.html)

zsabalic 01 October 2014 01:40 PM

Sti my06 problem with driveability

Hi,
I need your help or opinion.
I have Sti my06 and something with my car is not right.
So ...
When I drive my car along a straight sections of the road my car goes left -right and he is very unstable and hard to drive.
I don't know how to describe it.
When I change position of DCCD from open (green light) to Lock problem is much worse.
What's happening?

Fonzey 01 October 2014 01:43 PM

Tramlining? Does it feel like it's finding grooves in the road and spitting you off to one side?

I found changing tyres around (both pressures and brands) helped with that on mine.

Maybe check your tyre pressures first, it'll cost nothing to find out if there's anything abnormal.

grey_boy 01 October 2014 01:53 PM

Sounds like tyres.. my 06 STI was pulling hard right- I mean like dangerously, when acceerating it was like drving a dodgem car.... nearly ended my car's short life! and mine...
The problem turned out to be tyres- I had two Continentals that were out of shape from previous owners over inflation and they have been replaced with cheapo Accelera Alphas ( which came to me free with some wheels!) and boy it is magically transformed into a new car, well it drives straight as a die.

zsabalic 01 October 2014 02:23 PM

Yes, you're right Fonzey. I feel like it's finding grooves in the road.
Very bad feeling. And each turn is an adventure.
My summer tyres are finished. Pressures, dimension and wheel alignment are ok.
But front and rear tyres are not the same brands!
Yes problem could be in tyres but problem is not little. My car is really hard to drive.
I will try change front tyres with rear tyres and opposite.
I don't know, I need to test.

johned 01 October 2014 05:17 PM

When you can, get some quality tyres fitted all round.

speedking 01 October 2014 05:30 PM

Check droplinks are all in place and check for play in bushes.

Fonzey 01 October 2014 06:02 PM

I'm definitely thinking tyres based on what you said.

I had 4x Conti 5's when I bought the car, good quality tyres but they were tired... car tramlined like crazy and wasn't enjoyable on the twisty and heavily rutted roads near me.

I put 4x Uniroyal rainsports on - car felt much better, even though the rainsports are crap IMO. (turn-in feels numb compared to the Vredesteins I swapped those for)

TIZERBOY 01 October 2014 07:58 PM

Get her to carnetix mate they will transform it....

zsabalic 02 October 2014 09:09 AM

Guys you are awesome.
Thanks for all comments and tips.
Now I believe that the problem in my bed and tired tires.
You conviced me. :)
Soon come winter days and maybe some snowflakes and time for winter tires and I hope that will be all ok with driveability of my Scooby.

south_scoob 02 October 2014 03:06 PM

your not driving in the slow lane by any chance are you? on the moterway you always tram line in the sliw lane because of the imprint the hgv's make in the tarmac

chieftain333 02 October 2014 10:17 PM

I'm pretty sure it will be tyres,my diffs banged constantly and pulled DANGEROUSLY to the right (very very scary) due to mismatched and different tread on tyres. New set and now drives perfectly