ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   ECUtek or Alcatek (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1012719-ecutek-or-alcatek.html)

neil-h 30 September 2014 08:42 PM

ECUtek or Alcatek

Right, I'm looking into mapping by hawk Wrx and I'm trying to decide which is the better option between the standard ECU with ECUtek or swapping it for an Alcatek unit. Question is which would be the better option for my money?

The Alcatek unit is tempting purely because of the compatibility with the Toucan, although the price difference between the initial ECUtek licence and the Alcatek unit would cover a Prosport gauge kit.

So any thoughts/comments?

Ta

Tidgy 30 September 2014 08:50 PM

ecutek it mate, unless your going forged, big turbo etc etc then no point. If you do then you start looking towards syvecs ;)

neil-h 30 September 2014 08:54 PM

Really? The Alcatek unit isn't "that much" more than the ECUtek licence though.

Tidgy 30 September 2014 08:56 PM

what do they come in at?

peter zippy reid 30 September 2014 09:00 PM

Alcatek on andy forrest site is £980 mapped that double price of ecutek map

neil-h 30 September 2014 09:13 PM

JGM has the listed at £550 for ECUtek and £895 for Alcatek.

Tidgy 30 September 2014 09:14 PM

you still have to buy the toucan as well anyway so will still bein same position. as before OTT for what you need mate

neil-h 30 September 2014 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11528012)
you still have to buy the toucan as well anyway so will still bein same position. as before OTT for what you need mate

Yeah there is that. Shame really 'cus I quite like the Toucan.

b3nmw 30 September 2014 09:44 PM

What r the differences between the two ecus?

Deanamoore 30 September 2014 09:45 PM

I have the toucan an it is a great bit of kit.i av just had the alcatek.an I am not sure I shd of had the syvecs now.but depends what ya after in the long run.you can run a lot more boost on the alcatek than the ecutek.so if ya after big figures alcatek

b3nmw 30 September 2014 09:52 PM

Any pics of the toucan fitted?

Deanamoore 30 September 2014 10:22 PM

No,but I cud if u wanted to,just the senders for the gauges are extra so it does become quite exspensive

scooby2.5maz 30 September 2014 11:03 PM

Alcatek ? Is it available for hawkeye yet ? Didn't think it was ready !

jura11 01 October 2014 12:57 AM

I don't think AlcaTek is for Hawkeye or DBW Subaru,what I know only SimTek Pro(SimTek 2) or Syvecs can be fitted or run on the DBW Subaru

Yes agree Toucan is great thing,we run Toucan with additional sensor pack and is worth it,if you are want have clean look

If you running Syvecs then I would get Syvecs Bluetooth module and use yours iPad or iPhone with this

Really I would speak with Tim@JTi,its really nice guy and really helpful and he will help you to decide what is best

Thanks,Jura

scooby2.5maz 01 October 2014 01:09 AM

I think alcatek is almost ready jura ! Thought I had seen it on jollys website for hawkeye !

jura11 01 October 2014 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by scooby2.5maz (Post 11528168)
I think alcatek is almost ready jura ! Thought I had seen it on jollys website for hawkeye !

Aha,then this is awesome thing,but you need look on the EcuTek which offering on the DBW Subaru,I mean RaceROM,there you have great features like FFS(Flat Foot shifting),LC,Mafless,2 fuel maps and many more features

Thanks,Jura

neil-h 01 October 2014 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by scooby2.5maz (Post 11528168)

That's where i was looking, doesn't make any reference to only being for non-dbw cars.

Think i'll end up going with ECUtek in the end, as much as i'd like a toucan i'm not sure I can justify the extra cost.