ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Vintage Rally Newport SWS Pictures (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/1012420-vintage-rally-newport-sws-pictures.html)

JoePowell43 25 September 2014 06:23 PM

Vintage Rally Newport SWS Pictures

Hi guys it's Joe who came with Dave from Extreme Sports & Performance, sorry they're late but I've got the photos of the scoobies! It was a great day out, and I thought it was a fitting end to Newport's Vintage Rally!:) Pics are in the album titled: "Newport Vintage Rally 2014 Pictures"

The Trooper 1815 25 September 2014 06:37 PM

Post them up Joe and if you have some I fancy I'll donate a few quid. Your a top young man and are more than welcome to any of our gatherings.

But your parents may object to a Pod trip.

JoePowell43 25 September 2014 06:56 PM

Thank you very much! Unfortunately, it won't let me upload any more than 3, so to keep it fair I added 2.

Send me your e-mails, so that you can see your cars 1 to 1!

Peter Pan 25 September 2014 08:01 PM

Hi Joe, welcome to the Welsh section :thumb: I agree with Ian, always welcome along to a SWS event. I wish I got to ride in 22B to a show :luvlove:, I'd be finding an event for Dave to attend every week :lol1:.

JoePowell43 25 September 2014 08:06 PM

Thank you! I'll try and attend some SWS events in the future, especially when I pass my test. Although the ride in the 22B was not so great - the gearing makes you drive along at 4000rpm at 75mph-ish, and it's really noisy inside with the Blitz Nür Spec exhaust!

Cannon Fodder 25 September 2014 08:12 PM

You can thank me for the Nur Spec B. :D

It's a great car as I know, I like to think that I improved it just a little whilst I owned it briefly. :)

Have you hosted the pics on Photobucket or another hosting site? If so if you can put a link up then it will be easy to post the IMG codes to allow the pics to be shown on this thread directly. :thumb:

JoePowell43 25 September 2014 08:16 PM

Haha! Yeah, I had a brief ride in it not long after Dave bought it first time round, and there is a definite improvement after you owned it. He said because it had been standing for too long one of the coils was shot. To put it in other words, sleeping on a bed of nails would have been comfier!:)

And I'll attach the link for Photobucket within the next half hour.

Cannon Fodder 25 September 2014 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by JoePowell43 (Post 11524039)
Haha! Yeah, I had a brief ride in it not long after Dave bought it first time round, and there is a definite improvement after you owned it. He said because it had been standing for too long one of the coils was shot. To put it in other words, sleeping on a bed of nails would have been comfier!:)

And I'll attach the link for Photobucket within the next half hour.

Yes I got the springs swopped out for Tein items (supplied by Dave) and the steering and suspension geometry alignment done at Indigo GT which improved the handling and ride considerably.

Plus changing out the ditch finder tyres (not fitted by Dave but the first UK owner) for something decent improved the handling even further. :)

I am sure that once you have a driving licence that Dave will happily throw you the keys to any of his toys. ;)

The Trooper 1815 25 September 2014 08:40 PM

Joe where are they?

JoePowell43 25 September 2014 08:42 PM

80% uploading - I think it's to do with the size of the images and the resolution of my camera.

JoePowell43 25 September 2014 08:51 PM

Here they are!

http://s993.photobucket.com/user/Joe...?sort=3&page=1

JoePowell43 25 September 2014 09:01 PM

There's a few of your Impreza Ian, and if anyone could tell Lee that the pictures he requested are also in the album.

Peter Pan 25 September 2014 09:17 PM

Good work Joe, some nice photo's you took there. :thumb:

big daz2 25 September 2014 09:31 PM

Great pics joe you were busy

esp ltd 26 September 2014 08:25 AM

Nice pics Joe! I think I'll now be 'persuded' to finally get to the monthly meets with none of my usual excuses :D
Fancy telling Tyron that the B is far better after he improved it, I'm sure it was just my fine driving skills :idea:
Dave.

Tiptoptaf 26 September 2014 09:04 AM

Great Pics Joe

esp ltd 26 September 2014 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 11524045)
Yes I got the springs swopped out for Tein items (supplied by Dave) and the steering and suspension geometry alignment done at Indigo GT which improved the handling and ride considerably.

Plus changing out the ditch finder tyres (not fitted by Dave but the first UK owner) for something decent improved the handling even further. :)

I am sure that once you have a driving licence that Dave will happily throw you the keys to any of his toys. ;)

The tyres were fine Ty! You just needed to drive in a straight line on a sunny day and all was good :lol1:
Joe can actually drive well already, he was driving me around the Ind estate last year in a 330bhp STi, he could barely see over the steering wheel then :lol1: There were a few guys on the corner of the estate and the all did a double take when they saw him flying past :lol1: Naturally, this was all on a private road :nono:
Dave.

mervil 26 September 2014 12:03 PM

Top pics Joe :thumb: even managed one of my Evo ;)

S3LDM 26 September 2014 03:47 PM

Fantastic pics there Joe, fair play ;)

JoePowell43 26 September 2014 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by esp ltd (Post 11524381)
The tyres were fine Ty! You just needed to drive in a straight line on a sunny day and all was good :lol1:
Joe can actually drive well already, he was driving me around the Ind estate last year in a 330bhp STi, he could barely see over the steering wheel then :lol1: There were a few guys on the corner of the estate and the all did a double take when they saw him flying past :lol1: Naturally, this was all on a private road :nono:
Dave.

Haha! I can remember that!:lol1:

Although there is no comparison between the 22B and my mother's Ford S-Max in terms of comfort. :lol1: