ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Cosworth badge. Where from? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1011333-cosworth-badge-where-from.html)

cossie_eater 07 September 2014 04:56 PM

Cosworth badge. Where from?

Sourced one now thnx

ScoobTypeR 07 September 2014 06:56 PM

Its like sticking a GTR badge on a GTST or GTT, lol...

thenewgalaxy 07 September 2014 08:46 PM

Plenty of WRX owners stick STI badges and stickers all over their cars, if the man wants to stick a Cosworth badge on his car I don't see the difference. It may have a Cosworth oil filler cap or something.

john1979 07 September 2014 09:46 PM

Can I stick one on mine if it has a cosworth crate engine, cosworth head studs, cosworth cam belt, cosworth head gaskets, cosworth induction kit ???
Or is this frowned upon?

Ade WRX 07 September 2014 09:56 PM

Give the guy a break, Jesus.
Its his car, if he wants to put a Cosworth badge on it he can have one.
Scoobynet at its best, its just a fcuking sticker, get a grip.

*matthewturb2000* 07 September 2014 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ade WRX (Post 11509565)
Give the guy a break, Jesus.
Its his car, if he wants to put a Cosworth badge on it he can have one.
Scoobynet at its best, its just a fcuking sticker, get a grip.

Haha well said, some products send a sticker with them, k&n, hks I've got a apexi sticker and the R from rota wheels I'm my draw never put them on though, previous owner put a red strip of vinyl up each side saying impreza hks, this will be coming off when I start on the bodywork, only sticker that will remain on my car is the big wrx on my boot, there's loads of youngsters drive about cambridge with all the stickers on the front doors up the shut line in bog standard cars gotta make you smile, they must think they're still on need for speed haha

john1979 07 September 2014 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Xline (Post 11509616)
Is it a Cosworth?

The sticker wouldn't say "this is a cosworth" but maybe "powered by cosworth"

*matthewturb2000* 07 September 2014 11:18 PM

If it was a Cosworth built engine? It could work :)

chippiegt 07 September 2014 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Xline (Post 11509638)
Who are you trying to impress?
If you want random strangers to know what's under the bonnet then get a clear bonnet, or demonstrate its capability on the road.

95% or more of people won't even look at or notice the badges, and the only people that will actually care are those that are similarly interested. At that point you might as well just pop the bonnet open and stand around looking at it or whore pictures of it on forums :P

If you want a Cosworth then buy one. Why pretend you've got one when you haven't? What's the point?

Cause maybe he likes the look of the Cosworth badge?!
Or maybe he has a Cosworth, and the previous owner removed the badge?! (Unlikely i know)
But as already stated, his car, his choice.

53 07 September 2014 11:38 PM

Buy a 'genuine' one that's made under license thousands of miles away in America :D Cosworth are awesome lol ;)

john1979 08 September 2014 08:50 AM

I don't see a problem with it personally, particularly if you have numerous cosworth parts fitted. Seems the same as proudly having a tuners sticker on your car if it's tuned or looked after by one of the big tuners/builders.

Xline, does it anger you to see a scoobyclinic/enginetuner/etc etc sticker on a car?
If I see these on cars I always assume the owner has spent money wisely and it's likely a well looked after vehicle.

scoobyskool 08 September 2014 09:55 AM

Just seems a bit funny when you read the original posters username

*matthewturb2000* 08 September 2014 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyskool (Post 11509749)
Just seems a bit funny when you read the original posters username

I too thought that

john1979 08 September 2014 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Xline (Post 11509741)
Are they are misrepresenting their car and hoping that other people think that they own something superior and far more expensive than they actually do?

No they are not, but neither is the man who has a complete cosworth engine build with all the trimmings and has a 'powered by cosworth' sticker.

*matthewturb2000* 08 September 2014 11:38 AM

If I had a 12k Cosworth built engine I think I'd have a "powered by Cosworth" metal engraved badge/plaque on boot :)

john1979 08 September 2014 11:52 AM

So in summation, powered by cosworth is ok
Just cosworth is not.

Cheers

BrownPantsRacing 08 September 2014 11:58 AM

I have cosworth air pump delete plates fitted to my 2.5 block. Does this mean I qualify for a cosworth badge?

Honestly, it's a badge and it's his car! He can do whatever he wants!

I don't like world rally stickered impreza's as much as the next man but you still see them driving about, so someone must like them! :)

john1979 08 September 2014 12:19 PM

I wouldn't say it's an outrageous lie as it isn't saying 'I'm a CS400', but at the same time I wouldn't do this. And I agree you are only kidding yourself if you stick cosworth on the back when in reality you only have a cosworth air filter.

What I have been considering is a 'power by cosworth' badge, due to a pretty extensive list of cosworth engine parts. It's not representing a cs400 in any way as it's a completely different.

MattyB1983 08 September 2014 12:48 PM

Xline what the feck is up with you. I've seen you go off like this on other threads too.
Do you really have that little going on in your life that you have to get all worked up about a tiny bloody sticker.
Come fella, get a grip and relax.

banny sti 08 September 2014 01:14 PM

Thats it, im going to live dangerously and put a Type RA badge on my Type R :D

Trinity 08 September 2014 01:21 PM

Xline - The troll who thinks is UK Subaru is a "pile of Japanese trash'. Also know as the hermit down the street with no friends dreaming of yesteryear and where it all went long.

I LOVE his posts. :)

MattyB1983 08 September 2014 01:22 PM

You need a JDM impreza in your life Xline.
I can only imagine that the fact you only have a UK car has made you bitter and twisted......Don't be down about it, not everyone can afford a proper impreza. You'll get there one day im sure my friend....... LOL.....

;-)

Trinity 08 September 2014 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 11509882)
I can only imagine that the fact you only have a UK car has made you bitter and twisted......Don't be down about it, not everyone can afford a proper impreza. You'll get there one day im sure my friend....... LOL.....

;-)

:notworthy:notworthy

fat-thomas 08 September 2014 01:26 PM

Lol only on scabbynet can a man asking where to get a boot badge turn into this.

banny sti 08 September 2014 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 11509882)

;-)

:lol1: :thumb:

BrownPantsRacing 08 September 2014 01:29 PM

I know! :lol1:

thenewgalaxy 08 September 2014 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Xline (Post 11509874)
I am going to hunt you down and attack the back of your car with a screwdriver, some glue remover, and a bit of rag.

I'd encourage you to do so, you grumpy bugger!

Banny looks like he eats about eight kilos of raw Ox liver three times a day and washes it down with lemon juice.

*matthewturb2000* 08 September 2014 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Xline (Post 11509887)
You're wrong.
Apparently I need a Cossie in my life. They're so much better than those nasty imports ;)

No my friend you just need a Cosworth sticker on your car, you'll be happy then

markwr1 01 January 2016 06:24 PM

Wow!! What a thread!! In all seriousness though, I have a cs400 and I do need the badge for the front!!

Where do I get one!!! Lol