ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Should British jihadis be allowed back? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1011224-should-british-jihadis-be-allowed-back.html)

22BUK 05 September 2014 02:05 PM

Should British jihadis be allowed back?

From today's Times:

Let us come home, say young British jihadists

Dozens of British jihadists have become so disillusioned with fighting in Syria that they have contacted the UK begging to come home.
One jihadist, claiming to represent 30 Britons, approached an intermediary to complain of growing despondency among the men in his group. They had gone to fight against President Assad’s regime but were instead engaged primarily in fierce combat with rival rebel groups, he said.

Link: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/w...cle4197191.ece

IMHO, no way.

Dirk Diggler 75 05 September 2014 02:08 PM

No chance,you made your bed now lie in it .....

Maz 05 September 2014 02:11 PM

Wasn't Assad the bad guy?

Blue by You 05 September 2014 02:16 PM

In a word - no.

hodgy0_2 05 September 2014 02:27 PM

boy the world is a complicated place

some jihadis went to fight Assad - Cameron tried to get the UK to fight Assad too

the fog of war

but I can see the reasoning behind not wanting these guys back

they should have probably stuck to paintballing

what a fvcking mess

JamieJerkovic 05 September 2014 03:03 PM

No way, keep them out and kick there familys out!!!!

dpb 05 September 2014 03:38 PM

Only if they can swim the channel and renounce violence continually, at the same time

domino46 05 September 2014 03:57 PM

No they should not be allowed back into the uk ,, but lets face it quite a few people get into the uk everyday that arnt allowed so do we really think it would keep them out ,, but I'm still for revoking there passports and denying them entry

David Lock 05 September 2014 03:58 PM

I suppose if you sent them back to their communities they could be used to persuade would be jihadis that they would be wasting their time and they would be better off staying at home, getting pissed and raping 13 year olds?

dl

JamieJerkovic 05 September 2014 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11507836)
Only if they can swim the channel and renounce violence continually, at the same time

Whilst being strapped to concrete blocks! Haha

Paben 05 September 2014 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by 22BUK (Post 11507761)
From today's Times:

Let us come home, say young British jihadists

Dozens of British jihadists have become so disillusioned with fighting in Syria that they have contacted the UK begging to come home.
One jihadist, claiming to represent 30 Britons, approached an intermediary to complain of growing despondency among the men in his group. They had gone to fight against President Assad’s regime but were instead engaged primarily in fierce combat with rival rebel groups, he said.

Link: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/w...cle4197191.ece

IMHO, no way.

Claiming 'disillusion' would be an obvious way back in to the UK for the hardened jihadists too. A few crocodile tears and back they come to spread the good news, and maybe set a few bombs off while they are at it.
Bring them back if we must but throw them all straight in jail, disillusioned or otherwise.

dpb 05 September 2014 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Blue by You (Post 11507771)
In a word - no.

Oh I think he is quite bad

Dr Hu 05 September 2014 04:42 PM

In my eyes they shouldn't have fcuking been here in the first place, let alone letting them back in again!! FFS:rolleyes:

RA Dunk 05 September 2014 04:45 PM

After seeing what some of these so called British Jihads have been up to over there cutting folks heads off, why would any sane person want to share the same streets as them.

Fcuk em...

ditchmyster 05 September 2014 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11507847)
I suppose if you sent them back to their communities they could be used to persuade would be jihadis that they would be wasting their time and they would be better off staying at home, getting pissed and raping 13 year olds?

dl

:lol1:

Blue by You 05 September 2014 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11507879)
Oh I think he is quite bad

You don't have to be bad to have an opinion. :thumb:

PaulC72 05 September 2014 05:08 PM

cancel passports.

New_scooby_04 05 September 2014 05:13 PM

Blue by You 05 September 2014 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 11507914)

I really couldn't have put it better myself :D

ditchmyster 05 September 2014 05:28 PM

I think they should have considered what the future might hold for them before they went off to go shooting at people.;)

It's all a bit too late to start bleating about it now and begging to come back.

Made their beds, I say leave em to it, I'd not even be talking to them. :thumb:

stevebt 05 September 2014 05:40 PM

No, and I hope when they eventually work out who the british guy is that is cutting peoples heads off has the same done to him :)

Rick2014 05 September 2014 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by JamieJerkovic (Post 11507810)
No way, keep them out and kick there familys out!!!!

Well said :thumb:

madscoob 05 September 2014 06:16 PM

let them back by all means, the goverment banned fox hunting, there you have it replace the fox with jihadist's a new sport, money made people kept in work, dog's fed horse's exercised, pay per view on sky the chances to make money are endless :thumb:

Maz 05 September 2014 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11507961)
let them back by all means, the goverment banned fox hunting, there you have it replace the fox with jihadist's a new sport, money made people kept in work, dog's fed horse's exercised, pay per view on sky the chances to make money are endless :thumb:

We could call it The Running Man.

New_scooby_04 05 September 2014 06:49 PM

scoobyskool 05 September 2014 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11507877)
Claiming 'disillusion' would be an obvious way back in to the UK for the hardened jihadists too. A few crocodile tears and back they come to spread the good news, and maybe set a few bombs off while they are at it.
Bring them back if we must but throw them all straight in jail, disillusioned or otherwise.

Very well put - they are hardly gonna ring up and say hey theres a bunch of us jihadists coming home can you prepare space in the cells for us - they are just "working the system" for a method of entry home that doesnt involve time spent in a cell - no doubt the bleeding hearts brigade will at some point think its a good idea to get them back to use for our sides uses but thatll probably backfire even though we wouldnt get to hear about it

Funkii Munkii 05 September 2014 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11507887)
After seeing what some of these so called British Jihads have been up to over there cutting folks heads off, why would any sane person want to share the same streets as them.

Fcuk em...

:thumb:

kev mac 05 September 2014 07:32 PM

no

no let them stay out there, they cant have it both ways prob only coming back 2 sign on

JTaylor 05 September 2014 08:06 PM

What does the law say?

dpb 05 September 2014 08:25 PM

I'm sure you're about to tell us