ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Spec D won't start (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1011042-spec-d-wont-start.html)

freekowtski 02 September 2014 12:27 PM

Spec D won't start

Hi, My Spec D won't start. When i turn the ignition key to start the engine it just gives out a short bleep and the engine doesn't start.

Would it do this if the battery was flat?

Any help appreciated.

Trinity 02 September 2014 12:29 PM

Yes it can be because your battery is flat. Did you really ask that question without checking it first? :)

forgedmarco 02 September 2014 12:30 PM

You'll often get a chirp from the alarm when the battery is low so that probably is it. Cheers Marc

BrownPantsRacing 02 September 2014 12:41 PM

fat-thomas will be along at any minute to tell you it won't start because the 2.5 engine has melted! :D

Probably just battery.

freekowtski 02 September 2014 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11505298)
fat-thomas will be along at any minute to tell you it won't start because the 2.5 engine has melted! :D

Yes i was going to say that all the time it isn't starting the engine is fine.

It'll last years at this rate. :lol1:

freekowtski 02 September 2014 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Trinity (Post 11505285)
Did you really ask that question without checking it first? :)

Yes because a) I don't carry a battery tester around in my pocket and b) had no idea if it may (or may not) be a problem with the alarm or immobiliser.

speedking 02 September 2014 06:06 PM

Do the hazard flashers work?

freekowtski 02 September 2014 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by speedking (Post 11505505)
Do the hazard flashers work?

Yes, when you press the transmitter button the flashers come on and the doors unlock. The LED comes on on the dash but when you turn the key in the ignition it just makes quick 'chirp' and then nothing.

Looks like it is a flat battery but believe it or not despite being one of the oldest on this forum i have only ever had one car with an alarm and that was an XR3i in the 1980s and it wasn't anything like this one so it's all new to me and that's why i wondered if it was anything to do with the alarm or immobiliser.

PADDYHOEY 02 September 2014 09:06 PM

My reckoning the head gasket and piston Ringland have shat them selves. Lol

All joking aside, a flat battery will give you the symptoms you have.

fat-thomas 02 September 2014 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11505298)

Probably just battery.

its becuae your 2.5 engine has m...........................nevermind:lol1:

donny andi 02 September 2014 09:12 PM

:lol1:

Luckyscoob 03 September 2014 04:31 PM

My old hawk STI used to suffer with this. If it was left for anymore than a week it would usually be flat, even happened when the battery was replaced. Apparantly the tracker is a constant drain. But yes, it will just 'chirp' or beep when its flat.

Trinity 03 September 2014 04:44 PM

I think we have established its the battery now.

freekowtski 03 September 2014 04:49 PM

Thanks everyone..........much appreciated.

XDevil666 03 September 2014 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Luckyscoob (Post 11506155)
My old hawk STI used to suffer with this. If it was left for anymore than a week it would usually be flat, even happened when the battery was replaced. Apparantly the tracker is a constant drain. But yes, it will just 'chirp' or beep when its flat.

Or a dodgy headunit, learnt that the hard way - **** anyone on gumtree!