ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Hawkeye hell (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/1010719-hawkeye-hell.html)

TheBlueBugg 28 August 2014 09:51 PM

Hawkeye hell

Hi everybody first off I'd like to big up the three arches garage and dean your a true flatfouraholic.

Let me tell you all of whats happened to me and my wife today. I live way down in dorset and bought a car from S£&@) W@&£) M#%+* COMPANY not a happy bunny to say the least.

Please read other thread in general technical (hawkeye he'll dorset/wales) so assuming you've just read that other thread you know the symptoms which I first saw a few days after getting the car. Basically after asking this dealer to take to car for a second opinion which he agreed would be done but never happened.

I decided to "surprise" them this morning by arriving at opening time to take it there myself, they were bully's who didn't let me get a word in edge ways. I took the car to dean again unexpectedly (sorry bud but thanks) who downed everything and gave me full attention. " sniff" test was ok few. But a few other things weren't right but more annoyingly when I return to the dealer he refuses to change cooling and clean system for me, the rear suspensions knocking it's t@ts off and when I ask to show them in a asda car park as that's when it's worst they refuse? Aparantlly driving a car in a car park for food and shopping is out of the ordinary for this guy? Anyway after letting the mechanic for the garage take me out in MY car to show me the shock isn't knocking?! But all be it there mechanic did notice it after I made him slow down and turn around about, at this point I'm getting a bit cheesed off, it's 4.30pm not seen the manager all day as he's been out at auctions all day, been told by a member of his staff that the three arches don't no subarus !LIE! And that scubynet is only full of dickheads ( I disagreed and stated I'm a member myself)

I get told I have a new shock which I have to fit myself, Aparantlly we are also to picky, I could go on and on about today but about a hour ago my wife rang the manager to say we want our money back and in return he unleashed a verbal barrage of nonsense and ending in making my wife cry and saying we will owe him money? This bloke sounds like a nutter?

Also today dean noticed it showed a few signs of a import just looked on front of log book and this has liaco ltd Malta? I'm not 100% sure what this means so please helllllp :idea: this has never been stated or advertised and knowing this in advance would have been nice to say the least. Many thanks guys.

Helllllllllllp

BrownPantsRacing 28 August 2014 09:59 PM

WOW. That makes difficult ready without the occasional paragraph.

Sounds like your car was previously registered in Malta.

BBB3 28 August 2014 10:05 PM

That's exactly what I thought! Try reading it without taking a breath ;)

TheBlueBugg 28 August 2014 10:05 PM

Sorry mate my wife's vetted it slightly!

If it was registered in Malta does that make it an import?!

Sorry just want confirmation!

BBB3 28 August 2014 10:06 PM

Where was it register before that mate? If it was registered here then went there and came back classed as a uk car I believe :)

TheBlueBugg 28 August 2014 10:08 PM

It was first registered in Malta at 4 miles then came over to the uk

BrownPantsRacing 28 August 2014 10:10 PM

import then

BBB3 28 August 2014 10:10 PM

I'd say it's classed as a import but being in Malta probably a uk spec car.

BrownPantsRacing 28 August 2014 10:12 PM

Agreed

Cannon Fodder 28 August 2014 10:16 PM

Well it is a Euro spec car which are slightly different to a UK car, generally called grey imports. They don't tend to have the factory alarm and immobiliser plus if it were an STi it would be missing the DCCD as well as that was an option for the Euro market.

TheBlueBugg 28 August 2014 11:29 PM

It's a sigma alarm but stickers are only on front windows. Looking but can't find a code for it (keypad top wright of windscreen).

I got the keys with separate sigma fobs all lights work on fobs and the dealer put a battery in the key and now the indicators flash when using the key buttons but all the fobs don't work.

Problems with key central locking

It's also missing the red led by the clock etc etc looking closely the standard head unit has been cut out pretty roughly at some point but reinstalled.

Problems with the drivers window and controls

Etc etc but on first apearNce it is nice looking car. Not in " excellent condition" I'd think "poor" would be more appropriate after today's revalations

eafertynyne 28 August 2014 11:48 PM

Back in 2006, various car supermarkets were selling 'new' Imprezas cheaply... Most notably Motorpoint. The cars were in fact pre-registered and imported from Malta.

The spec was slightly different to UK cars... Different front seats, body coloured brake ducts in the front bumper, different lettering on the boot lid and no alarm.

They were legitimate cars though, just non-UK, official imports.

TheBlueBugg 28 August 2014 11:55 PM

Scooby net is amazing.

Always leaning new things I've been looking on google not to much avail cheers

The Trooper 1815 29 August 2014 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by eafertynyne (Post 11501800)
Back in 2006, various car supermarkets were selling 'new' Imprezas cheaply... Most notably Motorpoint. The cars were in fact pre-registered and imported from Malta.

The spec was slightly different to UK cars... Different front seats, body coloured brake ducts in the front bumper, different lettering on the boot lid and no alarm.

They were legitimate cars though, just non-UK, official imports.

They had to be registered with IM (Subaru UK) to get the 2nd and 3rd year warranties. There was always a suspicion that these where inferior and that they would eventually become less desirable.

Some cars came via Cyprus and required a Certificate of Conformity to comply with European Manufacturer Safeguards.

You won't go wrong with 3 Arches :thumb:

The Trooper 1815 29 August 2014 12:17 AM

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...us-advice.html

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...e-imports.html

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...t-no-dccd.html

InTurbo 29 August 2014 12:54 AM

Can't believe this trader has treated you like this. Your obviously not happy with the car, and it has faults that were not pointed out to you at the time of sale. So your well within your rights for a refund or repair.
The law under the sale of goods act says that the car should be of satisfactory quality and fit for its intended purpose.

Have a look on the citizens advice web site if you haven't already that should help you.

The Trooper 1815 29 August 2014 12:23 PM

If it's the garage in Caerphilly, they have been the subject of an X-Ray and The Ferret (Local TV) investigations in the past.