ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Projects (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/)
-   -   Blob WRX Wagon 2.1 Stroker Project (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/1010298-blob-wrx-wagon-2-1-stroker-project.html)

scoobypaul_temp 18 July 2017 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyPPP (Post 11954211)
Well she runs! Got it fired up last weekend using the stock ECU and 565cc injectors with the MAF plugged in so it could sort the fueling for the bigger lump. Ran really smoothly. I didn't have time to get it fully up to temp so that's the next job. Then swap in the ID1000's, new Map sensor, plumb the FMIC in etc and have a running in map put onto the Alcatek.

Great news bud :thumb:

Keep the updates coming, very interested to see your results :D

ScottyPPP 25 September 2017 11:04 AM

Running in map is going on the Subaru tomorrow. MOT is due on the 13th of Oct so be nice to have it mobile before hand!

Couple of photos of the old girl, saloon front end is now fitted also (wide front wings):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kCyqpsd5s2gchgT43

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gykk3NZsZLEDhqlf1

One of the engine bay from a couple of weeks ago. It's a bit tidier than this now:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KEIz8GmQs8rB86q72

ScottyPPP 26 September 2017 03:41 PM

Well shes back on the road!

Duncan popped over earlier and stuck a running in map on the car. Smoked a fair bit to start with due to heat wrap etc but has cleared up nicely now. Battery is ****e however, hoping it'll hold charge after driving it a bit. Have ran it up to 0.5 Bar of boost and all seems ok. No timing in the car though, just a nice safe map to get some miles under it's belt. First oil change will be done this weekend!

boggissimo 27 September 2017 01:50 PM

Not sure if you want to go that way, but East Kent Subaru have a full SL wagon interior on their ebay page at the moment - front and rear seats, and door cards. I am after just the rear seats and door cards but they said they wouldn't split.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182753774726

ScottyPPP 27 September 2017 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by boggissimo (Post 11968397)
Not sure if you want to go that way, but East Kent Subaru have a full SL wagon interior on their ebay page at the moment - front and rear seats, and door cards. I am after just the rear seats and door cards but they said they wouldn't split.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182753774726

Not interested in swapping the seats in mine. :thumb:

ScottyPPP 01 October 2017 07:34 PM

Got about 130 miles on the engine now. Did the first oil change at 110 miles. Oil came out looking like metallic paint which is good as it means it's done it's job and the rings are nicely bedded in :D. Switched from Millers running in oil to 10w40 Semi Synth now.

ScottyPPP 12 October 2017 06:11 PM

Up to about 230 Miles now, car already seems fast with no engine timing and only 0.7 Bar of boost! Would show my daily BMW 330 a clean pair of heals I think!

Booked in for it's MOT at 3PM tomorrow, wish me luck!

scoobypaul_temp 12 October 2017 10:13 PM

Keep it going bud, good luck tomorrow :thumb::thumb::thumb:

ScottyPPP 13 October 2017 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by scoobypaul_temp (Post 11971543)
Keep it going bud, good luck tomorrow :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Cheers :D

ScottyPPP 13 October 2017 05:13 PM

It's passed, on Friday the 13th too :D.

ScottyPPP 13 November 2017 02:47 PM

On 670 miles now, changed to fully synthetic oil (Millers CFS 10w50 Nanodrive) on Saturday.

Ran Millers running in oil for the first 110 miles, then 10w40 Semi for ~500 miles, now on fully synth. Nearly ready to be mapped now to be honest. I need to swap the fuel pump to an RCM340 (Currently a Walbro 255), fit a stiffer wastegate spring and an Air Charge temp sensor then POWAH! :D

BrownPantsRacing 13 November 2017 09:24 PM

Exciting times mate. Bet you can't wait. So close now.

ScottyPPP 14 November 2017 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11978268)
Exciting times mate. Bet you can't wait. So close now.

Hoping to get it done before Christmas :luxhello:

BrownPantsRacing 14 November 2017 03:35 PM

500bhp here we come! :thumb:

ScottyPPP 14 November 2017 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11978402)
500bhp here we come! :thumb:

Maybe! See what it actually makes, turbo is rated from 460 to 580 apparently so we'll see what happens. It's got the right supporting mods, ID1000's, Billet fuel rails, RCM340 pump, FMIC, AVCS, Closed Deck lump etc.

BrownPantsRacing 15 November 2017 10:19 AM

You've nailed everything you need to so I'm guessing somewhere over 500bhp.

I'll take a stab at 547bhp.

:D

scoobypaul_temp 15 November 2017 12:55 PM

Would be a nice 'little' Chrimbo present!! :thumb:

I'll take a stab at a meagre 525 :lol1:

Keep going Scot :thumb:

ScottyPPP 15 November 2017 05:26 PM

I'll be happy with anything over 450 to be honest :D

ScottyPPP 17 November 2017 01:49 PM

She's sprung a leak! The radiator drain plug that I never use on my all alloy rad has started leaking when it's cold (when its warm it seems to stop). I can't even remember what brand my radiator is as I've had it about 4 years!

Looks to be a plastic wing nut style drain plug with a rubber o ring (o ring looks shot). Options are try and guess the thread size and get a brass or alloy bung for it. Or find someone who can weld alloy and completely remove all trace of it.

Anyone local to the Hook / Basingstoke area that can weld alloy? :D

1509joe 17 November 2017 03:29 PM

It's a hydraulic fitting thread size get a blank and a Dowty washer job done :thumb:

ScottyPPP 17 November 2017 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by 1509joe (Post 11978951)
It's a hydraulic fitting thread size get a blank and a Dowty washer job done :thumb:

Fancy hazarding a guess at the size?

ScottyPPP 23 November 2017 02:53 PM

More parts have arrived :D.

RCM340 Fuel pump
Omex Charge Temp Sensor
Viper Performance FMIC to Throttle Body Hose with M10 x 1.25 Charge Temp Fitting
New coolant
A selection of 225 rubber o-rings to sort the leak out on the rad drain plug :lol:

Will all be getting fitted on Sunday along with changing the wastegate spring.

ScottyPPP 04 December 2017 05:49 PM

Fixed the rad drain plug leak, one of o-rings I ordered was the perfect size. Fitted the RCM fuel pump, Charge temp sensor along with the hose it screws into, changed the wastegate spring to 1.1 bar.

Looking to get it mapped next week at SRR, this weekend i'm going to slap some brand new spark plugs in it and maybe compression test it to make sure all is well.

On 900 miles now so should be all good to go!

ScottyPPP 21 December 2017 05:24 PM

The deed has been done, was put on the rollers on Tuesday this week with me bricking it in every way possible :lol:. I hid outside, then after I heard it do the first pull and no explosions were heard I went back in to see how it was doing.

Peak numbers were 471.8 Bhp and 450 lbs ft of torque @ 1.7 Bar on straight V Power and it was faultless!

Dyno plot snapshot from my phone on the day:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cJIHEal2I0Bb3f6m1

Anti Lag and launch control are now enabled, it's set up with low and high boost maps, although I've not taken it out of high boost yet :lol:

Pretty decent numbers for a stock location GTX3076R and it drives lovely, with a meth map it would clear 500Bhp with little issue but I just can't be arsed to mix the stuff.

It's pretty rowdy to drive on the road, especially on salted damp roads where it likes to spin 3rd gear in a straight line :o

I think it could probably take a little more boost and nudge up nearer to the 500 mark but Duncan said its safe as houses as it is so I'm pretty happy :D

BrownPantsRacing 22 December 2017 10:36 AM

Cracking result. Good figures for relatively low boost and standard V power. Very nice.

Bet that's great fun to drive now! Happy Christmas!

ScottyPPP 02 January 2018 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Car is currently off of the road again. My Mishimoto header tank has sprung a leak from one of the welds, this has happened before and been replaced, now the replacement is also leaking...

Currently going through their warranty process to get a replacement, though I'd rather just have my money back and run a different tank as I don't have much faith in their products anymore!

ScottyPPP 02 January 2018 04:52 PM

Mishimoto have agreed to replace the tank under their "Lifetime warranty". I've had to pay £35 to cover the shipping charge though. Only good thing is I don't have to return the old one so I suppose I could get it welded to have a spare if (when) it leaks again. Not sure if the replacement is coming from UK or US stock so no idea how long I've got to wait to get my hands on it.

BrownPantsRacing 04 January 2018 03:35 PM

That's not acceptable at all. I'd personally not want another one and would want all my money back!

That's terrible.

ScottyPPP 04 January 2018 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11987294)
That's not acceptable at all. I'd personally not want another one and would want all my money back!

That's terrible.

It takes the piss some what! They refused to refund me and assure me this new one will never leak. Believe it when I see it. Should arrive tomorrow so should be back on the road at the weekend.

I'll never buy anything Mishimoto again though, crap.

BrownPantsRacing 04 January 2018 03:46 PM

I won't be using their parts either. Even asking you to pay for shipment o a replacement warranty fault is taking the total p155 to be honest. I'd have hit the roof!

AT least it will be back on the road again though.