ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Are hawkeye's STi prices depreciating fast??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1010271-are-hawkeyes-sti-prices-depreciating-fast.html)

scoobyboy1 21 August 2014 09:28 PM

Are hawkeye's STi prices depreciating fast???

Looking at hawk STi's in the classifieds recently and seen these 2 examples that seem really cheap, even looked if they where accident damaged repaired at them prices, but I cant see anything in the adverts!!:wonder:

Are the prices of hawkeye's starting to take a big hit at the moment???:wonder:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMP...item233f337a6c

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...xperiment=true

BBB3 21 August 2014 09:34 PM

I was looking at that silver one a while back, I think the uk sti being the 2.5 and high tax people getting fed up? I found it hard to find a nice hawk was looking for over a year at all types of models :)

Carnut 21 August 2014 09:49 PM

As the prices slowly come down there will be a point where they fall into a different group, I suspect that this new group are stressing there moneys and the tax becomes a issue.

SN is forever getting threads with people that have got tight budgets asking about mpg etc.

steve71 21 August 2014 09:51 PM

2 nice cars and the one on eBay is lower tax bracket aswell

BBB3 21 August 2014 09:53 PM

Surprising how many people go on about MPG and TAX, I've been rolling around in a RRS TDV8 that's £500 a year tax and does 16mpg on a good day, people ask me how I run it my answer is simple "you don't buy a car with a big engine and worry about MPG"
Just use it ;)

steve71 21 August 2014 10:03 PM

Totally agree their,don't but the car if you worried about few extra pounds a week for tax and petrol,if you that worried buy a micra

BBB3 21 August 2014 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by steve71 (Post 11496269)
Totally agree their,don't but the car if you worried about few extra pounds a week for tax and petrol,if you that worried buy a micra

I was talking to my mums neighbour in his 2012 mirca 1.0 he was really proud about his 175 mpg:lol1: he gets he said I bet the range is good ( being serious ) I said it it ain't to bad 16 to 18 and 22 on a run he looked at me then started talking about pollution :brickwall

InTurbo 21 August 2014 10:13 PM

I thought they had gone up. The last hawk i had back in 2010 cost me 10k and had 18k on the clock.
My second I picked up 4 months ago cost me 11.5k with 26k on the clock.
I did view one that was priced at 9k but it was very tatty.

Rob Day 21 August 2014 10:23 PM

They look quite decent.

They are priced just beyond what a breakers profit margin.

Without getting a pencil, pad and calculator out, id say there is around £7k+ in parts. If the engine and gearbox setup is in good order, they will probably fetch well over £4k from a registered parts supplier, the other £3k+ is easily collected, headlights £500, Interior £300, Spoiler £200, Brembo £600, Wheels/tyres £300, Turbo £250, Other engine bay components £400, Shell £500, Clocks £150, etc etc.

Rob

Carnut 21 August 2014 11:37 PM

But the question is, would you actually go and have a look at a hawk sti that was only 6.5k with money in your pocket or would you think it was to good to be true?

To good to be true iam saying, even at 8-9k it should be a quick sale, either the guy is thick or its dodgy.

Carnut 22 August 2014 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Xline (Post 11496346)
No, because they're pig ugly. I wouldn't even spend that much on one ;)

And 2.5 nonsense, and higher road tax yada yada. They're going to drop to the floor and be worth peanuts, just like the RX8s.

Read post 8. The looks and reliability yada yada have been the same since 2006 so whats that got to do with current prices.

Like the RX8 :facepalm:

GH80 22 August 2014 07:45 AM

Looks about right imo, due to rep of reliability issues. FYI there is a standard blue widetrack near me for sale for £6,500 with 55k miles, makes these two look overpriced.

lordharding 22 August 2014 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Xline (Post 11496346)
No, because they're pig ugly. I wouldn't even spend that much on one ;)

And 2.5 nonsense, and higher road tax yada yada. They're going to drop to the floor and be worth peanuts, just like the RX8s.

That's a fair comment
2.5 and potential 3-5k rebuild costs for anyone that reads into the history of the engine
High tax over year £500 is a killer for many in a budget
Mpg 25?
Too fast loss of driving licence
Tyre costs
Insurance cost

Are they fashionable anymore ?
Subarus were from 1998 -2000
Is there really that many newbys joining us now ?
So many alternative cars with more trendy image and better mpg and low tax on the market
Audi/BMW /Citroen /Renault /VW

Lots of good alternative cars out there to choose from

Gear Head 22 August 2014 08:12 AM

With diesel car tax prices about to go through the roof, I think I'll be keeping my unfashionable car for a while!

XDevil666 22 August 2014 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by chris j t (Post 11496358)
Read post 8. The looks and reliability yada yada have been the same since 2006 so whats that got to do with current prices.

Like the RX8 :facepalm:

RX8 hell of a lot of car for your money in that one :) shame the rebuilds come on those, but still even £2k for the car and a possible £2k for a rebuild later on, not too bad with how much you get on that car

XDevil666 22 August 2014 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by lordharding (Post 11496402)
That's a fair comment
2.5 and potential 3-5k rebuild costs for anyone that reads into the history of the engine
Mpg 25?
Tyre costs
Insurance cost

So many alternative cars with more trendy image and better mpg and low tax on the market

True the youth of today on social networks seem to be all about VW or audi and seeing how low they can get, don't see many of them even talking about bhp figures

corno 22 August 2014 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by XDevil666 (Post 11496480)
True the youth of today on social networks seem to be all about VW or audi and seeing how low they can get, don't see many of them even talking about bhp figures

I would say that is generally true, it is just a scene following.

Don't know if my mates and I at 20-25 count as youthful but we love talking power figures and engines, in my circle there are Hawk STi's, Focus ST's, RS's, S2000's. The topic of 'stance' never comes up thank god :thumb:

fat-thomas 22 August 2014 01:17 PM

why would you buy a u.k. hawk over a blob?
double the tax and a 3k bill when the poo.5 pops.
maybe people are doing there research before buying now.

N_Scooby 22 August 2014 01:33 PM

I think the 2.5 with the high tax bracket put people off. I have noticed that Blob STI's are appreciating in value and the widetrack versions are more expensive than newer Hawkeyes because of this.

JDM 2.0 Hawkeyes are more desirable (especially in white) :cool:

XDevil666 22 August 2014 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by N_Scooby (Post 11496597)
I think the 2.5 with the high tax bracket put people off. I have noticed that Blob STI's are appreciating in value and the widetrack versions are more expensive than newer Hawkeyes because of this.

JDM 2.0 Hawkeyes are more desirable (especially in white) :cool:

Yeah the blob prices are hardly moving and I haven't seen them move for over a year to be honest, maybe even slightly increased, even the WRX seems to be holding and going a little higher

Will be very strange if/when we see a point of the blob costing more than a hawk

N_Scooby 22 August 2014 04:12 PM

Mate of mine used to break Bugs and Blob STI's for a living but had to give it up due to not being able to pick up enough cheap ones.

jazzyjembreaze 22 August 2014 05:44 PM

Well in respect to all reply's
It's rather sad for me , bought car new , & mega money spent after modding
For that reason alone I don't think I will ever sell.
6.5k bargain as a base car IMO

Not a Diesel!!! 22 August 2014 09:23 PM

That's a fair comment
Mpg 25?
Tyre costs
Insurance cost

Newby just bought an Impreza although to be fair losts of research and waiting it out to get a nice 2005 STI DCCD Blobeye.

I preferred the look of the Hawk slightly but the rep (true or otherwise) on the Engine & the tax are big negatives.

chrisvarns 23 August 2014 11:07 PM

That's a fair comment

im 25 and got my first 05 widetrack STi last year for 7.5k, wasn't even considering a hawk because of the 2.5's bad rep, but the tax would have seriously put me off as well without that. definitely some newbies out there coming into it!

Carnut 23 August 2014 11:39 PM

Are hawkeyes going down in price.

Well there is another thread on a JDM blob sti for 8k.

I always find that its harder to sell a car at the end of summer/winter, maybe there will be bargains to be had across all subarus and come back up when the suns finished hibernating.

fat-thomas 23 August 2014 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by chris j t (Post 11497742)
Are hawkeyes going down in price.

Well there is another thread on a JDM blob sti for 8k.

I always find that its harder to sell a car at the end of summer/winter, maybe there will be bargains to be had across all subarus and come back up when the suns finished hibernating.

its a JDM hence it has a proper engine ;)

Carnut 23 August 2014 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11497745)
its a JDM hence it has a proper engine ;)

Yes and........:Suspiciou

fat-thomas 23 August 2014 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by chris j t (Post 11497747)
Yes and........:Suspiciou

it has a 2.0 engine so won't blow its hg and will also be in the lower tax band.

the unreliability of the 2.5 and the added tax is why its not as desirable as the blob.

Carnut 23 August 2014 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11497748)
it has a 2.0 engine so won't blow its hg and will also be in the lower tax band.

the unreliability of the 2.5 and the added tax is why its not as desirable as the blob.

Ok, I see this is goung to take some explaining and I cant be bothered.

scoobyreedy 23 August 2014 11:57 PM

Hawk looks nicer just get a nice example with a forged engine and lower tax band these hawks will hold there money