ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Those on here who say the EU don't meddle with our lives... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1010253-those-on-here-who-say-the-eu-dont-meddle-with-our-lives.html)

f1_fan 21 August 2014 06:15 PM

Those on here who say the EU don't meddle with our lives...

FFS!!!!!

Ten days left to vacuum up a powerful cleaner

Can we please leave this dumbar5e organisation at the earliest available opportunity!!!! :brickwall:brickwall

JTaylor 21 August 2014 06:34 PM

That sucks! :mad:

wrx300scooby 21 August 2014 06:37 PM

Fecking ridiculous:mad:

the shreksta 21 August 2014 06:42 PM

this has actually helped me out as im about to buy a new vacuum so i will pull my finger out and buy the most powerful one

any recommendations on a decent vac for a house with pets under £200?

oh and by the way..................**** the eu

when can we vote to leave such a shambles?

David Lock 21 August 2014 06:49 PM

As they say in Edinburgh any new EC law will just gather dust........ :Whatever_

dl

ALi-B 21 August 2014 08:01 PM

Nuts I know. They did the same for central heating pumps.....my new grundfos is a bigger pump (UPS25-60 vs USP15-60) than the old one, but uses 45watt on full power as opposed to 70watts. Its also self adapating (which I disabled :lol1: ) I didn't really care about its power saving features - the old pump rattled and the far bedroom radiator took ages to get warm :lol1:

Point being motor technology has moved on; So If a 2000watt induction motor vacuum was replaced by one with a 1500watt DC brushless motor, the actual suction power may not be any different*

*that is manufacturers actually bother to fit more expensive motors.

Also the pressed/spotwelded steel scroll "fan" on the average vacuum leaves alot to be desired; compare the quality and design to a compressor wheel on a turbo! So there is further scope for better efficiency....at a cost!

Usually I'm against this, but I know the technology does exists....its found in every Toyota Hybrid and also in every turbocharged car.

The EU light bulb banned was done too soon....LED technology has only really just matured for the masses, and they are still overpriced, which the market flooded with unrelaible Chinese crap.

Turbohot 21 August 2014 08:07 PM

That's unbelievable. Stupid EU.

markjmd 21 August 2014 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11496092)
Nuts I know. They did the same for central heating pumps.....my new grundfos is a bigger pump (UPS25-60 vs USP15-60) than the old one, but uses 45watt on full power as opposed to 70watts. Its also self adapating (which I disabled :lol1: ) I didn't really care about its power saving features - the old pump rattled and the far bedroom radiator took ages to get warm :lol1:

Point being motor technology has moved on; So If a 2000watt induction motor vacuum was replaced by one with a 1500watt DC brushless motor, the actual suction power may not be any different*

*that is manufacturers actually bother to fit more expensive motors.

Also the pressed/spotwelded steel scroll "fan" on the average vacuum leaves alot to be desired; compare the quality and design to a compressor wheel on a turbo! So there is further scope for better efficiency....at a cost!

Usually I'm against this, but I know the technology does exists....its found in every Toyota Hybrid and also in every turbocharged car.

The EU light bulb banned was done too soon....LED technology has only really just matured for the masses, and they are still overpriced, which the market flooded with unrelaible Chinese crap.

And also every Dyson vacuum cleaner, since despite making some of the best performing models on the market, not a single one in their range has a motor exceeding 1600W.

That said, IMO it should be up to the consumer to buy as big and as energy-inefficient a vacuum or any other appliance they damn well like, if that's what they want to blow their money on. It's a slippery slope from this kind of nonsense to a one-child-per-family Diktat, and you can't be too wary of sliding down it.

dpb 21 August 2014 09:32 PM

Every european will come as a standardized package in the next twenty years

Except the french who wave two fingers

Turbohot 21 August 2014 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 11496180)
And also every Dyson vacuum cleaner, since despite making some of the best performing models on the market, not a single one in their range has a motor exceeding 1600W.

Good that Dyson remains unaffected. I love Dyson vacuum cleaners. :luvlove:

That said, IMO it should be up to the consumer to buy as big and as energy-inefficient a vacuum or any other appliance they damn well like, if that's what they want to blow their money on. It's a slippery slope from this kind of nonsense to a one-child-per-family Diktat, and you can't be too wary of sliding down it.

True.

^Qwerty^ 22 August 2014 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11496008)
That sucks! :mad:

I see what you did there :)

SJ_Skyline 22 August 2014 12:33 PM

I would love to know the total cost of this directive. How many pen pushers, lawyers, judges, advisors, cockwombles and gravy trainers were involved, how many of their hours were used and what the total amount of money wasted on this total bullsh1t directive was. :razz:

f1_fan 22 August 2014 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 11496549)
I would love to know the total cost of this directive. How many pen pushers, lawyers, judges, advisors, cockwombles and gravy trainers were involved, how many of their hours were used and what the total amount of money wasted on this total bullsh1t directive was. :razz:

It's another law that didn't need making. But the EU is such a great idea..... bollocks is it!

neil-h 22 August 2014 12:51 PM

Dunno why your all getting so stroppy, the fact someone would come up with such a daft piece of legislation made me chuckle.

urban 22 August 2014 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11496570)
Dunno why your all getting so stroppy,

Hmmmmmmmmmm :idea:

jameswrx 22 August 2014 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11496017)
this has actually helped me out as im about to buy a new vacuum so i will pull my finger out and buy the most powerful one

Miele Cat & Dog with the brush head! Superb bit of kit.

ALi-B 22 August 2014 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 11496549)

+1 Its an utter waste of political resources, why not tackle this alledged "climate change" at the source rather than doing it arse over tit; If the cause is burning fossil fuels, just increase tax on fossil fuel.

I mean, the reasoning/justification for this legislation is weak at best; If I had 12KW of solar panels on my roof, why can't I buy a nice big Numatic 3Kw twin motor vacuum? Using it has zero effect on the environment as it comes from a green source.

urban 22 August 2014 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by jameswrx (Post 11496590)

Absolutely :thumb:

^Qwerty^ 22 August 2014 04:01 PM

So come the vote in 2017 or whenever/if it happens, my gut feel is that the public will decided on 'issues' like this, rather than anything of any real value. The way I see it is that a 'stay in the EU' campaigner could talk to Joe Public for hours on end, arguing for the benefits of staying in the EU, yet the media can and do blow any credibility the EU have/had with examples such as this new vacuum cleaner law.
Part of me thinks that I and others shouldn’t make such an important decision based on such triviality, but then, as pointed out above, if the EU pen pushers have nothing better to do that could improve the lives of its citizens than thinking of and then implementing such crap, then may we’d be better off without them.

Dingdongler 23 August 2014 02:01 AM

Hmm, I wonder whether the real issue is that a decrease in the 'sucking prowess' of a vacum cleaner would have a negative impact on somebodies sex life.

Turbohot 23 August 2014 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 11497078)
Hmm, I wonder whether the real issue is that a decrease in the 'sucking prowess' of a vacum cleaner would have a negative impact on somebodies sex life.

:lol1:

wrx300scooby 23 August 2014 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by jameswrx (Post 11496590)

:thumb:

jods 23 August 2014 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11496017)

Check out the Miele Power Plus Cat and Dog 300 - 1800 W

jods 23 August 2014 11:30 AM

http://www.miele.co.uk/vacuum-cleane...-cat--dog-110/

jods 23 August 2014 11:31 AM

This is what we have
http://www.miele.co.uk/vacuum-cleane...-Cat--Dog-115/