ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ICE (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/)
-   -   Speaker recommendation - 2005 Impreza (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/1010210-speaker-recommendation-2005-impreza.html)

Dibbles00 20 August 2014 08:29 PM

Speaker recommendation - 2005 Impreza

Hi,
Can anyone recommend some speakers that will fit a 2005 Impreza please.
I will need both front and rear speakers to fit into the original place of the OEM ones.
Kind regards,
Dibs

Have read many conflicting posts and need to make an informed and correct decision. Halford's were unfortunately next to useless for advice in this area.

Gurj 20 August 2014 10:14 PM

I have recently changed my from speakers for some Hertz ones which have the tweeter component built in.

Not sure what model but will check tomorrow.

The sound from them is much better. Also some sound deadening was added behind the speakers which also helps greatly.

Dibbles00 20 August 2014 10:28 PM

Hi Gurj, that would be perfect. I'm not too fussed about having separate tweeters so they sound good to me. Anything must be better than the oem speakers...
Were they a straight fit like for like?
Thanks

Gurj 21 August 2014 08:34 AM

I have checked and the speakers that were put in were the following:
http://hertzaudiovideo.eu/dcx-165-3/

I didn't fit the speakers myself, but believe that they were a straight forward swap, fitting in the OEM speaker space.

From what I was told the doors are pretty **** when it comes to sound, as such a black foam type sound deadening was put behind the speakers to improve the quality.

Let me know what you get for the rear speakers, mine are currently OEM (I think) and now compared to the front they seem rubbish

HTH:thumb:

fawor 21 August 2014 09:00 AM

You can buy 6.5'' for front doors with tweeter kit,You don't need rear speakers,it's waste of money,better spend it on amplifier like jbl JX360 2 110W rms on ebay for 120 quid.
Speakers depth should be no more than 2.8''
Ive got focals k2 165kr paid 165 quid and there is no better kit to buy for a money.
Unless You going active You need radio with 2 rca 4 or 5v outputs.
Second rca is for mono amp and sub.
My sub will be alpine 10d2 1000W rms 1ohm wired to pioneer amp stable on 1 ohm. Will use 2 farad capacitor with it.

neil-h 21 August 2014 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by fawor (Post 11495565)
You can buy 6.5'' for front doors with tweeter kit,You don't need rear speakers,it's waste of money,better spend it on amplifier like jbl JX360 2 110W rms on ebay for 120 quid.
Speakers depth should be no more than 2.8''
Ive got focals k2 165kr paid 165 quid and there is no better kit to buy for a money.
Unless You going active You need radio with 2 rca 4 or 5v outputs.
Second rca is for mono amp and sub.
My sub will be alpine 10d2 1000W rms 1ohm wired to pioneer amp stable on 1 ohm. Will use 2 farad capacitor with it.

Wouldn't bother with the power cap, you shouldn't have power issues with that set up.

stonejedi 21 August 2014 04:40 PM

focal 6.5 inch components,quality sound.SJ.

fawor 21 August 2014 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11495890)
Wouldn't bother with the power cap, you shouldn't have power issues with that set up.

Could be true,some say its needed after 500W rms sub and it costs 30+quid ,thats not a lot will think yet.
Needs sort freak engine idling before.:wonder:

Dibbles00 22 August 2014 02:27 PM

I've never heard of any of these brands. Things obviously movr quickly in the audio world... Thanks guys, will hopefully get some focal ones for the front then. Does anyone have any links to ones that would definitely fit please? Also will I need the 12mm MDF adaptors?
Thanks

neil-h 24 August 2014 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by fawor (Post 11496050)
Could be true,some say its needed after 500W rms sub and it costs 30+quid ,thats not a lot will think yet.
Needs sort freak engine idling before.:wonder:

Then I'd hazard a guess those who say it is needed don't know what they're talking about. I've been playing with car audio for years now and never seen a power cap reccomended by anyone who knows there stuff and indeed I've never seen one used in a decent sound system.

All a power cap will do is cover up any underlying problems. The standard battery/charging system should be fine for a 500W system (even up to 1kW tbh), if your having voltage issues then odds are your batter/alternator aren't running as well as they could be.

drummerkev 13 September 2014 09:57 PM

possibly the dafest question ever asked on scoobynet.... but how do you get a 6.5 speaker to fit in a 5.25 hole? Any fitting guides as really need some top qualtiy speakers.

stonejedi 13 September 2014 10:29 PM

what model impreza?front door speakers?.SJ.

fawor 14 September 2014 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11497971)
Then I'd hazard a guess those who say it is needed don't know what they're talking about. I've been playing with car audio for years now and never seen a power cap reccomended by anyone who knows there stuff and indeed I've never seen one used in a decent sound system.

All a power cap will do is cover up any underlying problems. The standard battery/charging system should be fine for a 500W system (even up to 1kW tbh), if your having voltage issues then odds are your batter/alternator aren't running as well as they could be.

my system will be 1200W then I will use it, I wrote is ok up to 500W and You repeat it, read with Understanding
I know what its does,im electrician:thumb:
I havent voltage issues with front set up but I wouldn't have either because I will use power cap for sub and amp.
I don't work within ICE but ive seen few systems with.