ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Newbie in Wirral (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/1010181-newbie-in-wirral.html)

Dazscoobydo 20 August 2014 12:24 PM

Newbie in Wirral

Hi Guys,

Thought I would finally introduce myself, I have been registered on here for a few months and I've had my first scoob about a year now.

I've got a 01 Bug WRX in silver and so far I love it! Although I don't know a huge deal about subaru's I'm starting to learn a bit- mainly due to things going wrong!

I haven't got as far as modding yet (lack of capital) but it has fully decat, aftermarket exhaust (unknown make), green panel filter and BC coilovers.
I am looking to get a new fuel pump and a remap pretty soon though.

The last owner was from Scotland I think, but I don't know anything about him/her. I traveled about 150 miles to look at it and when I got there I couldn't not buy it! As soon as I started it up and heard the rumble I was sold :notworthy

Looking forward to the banter, scooby knowledge and meeting some members!

Will add more photos when I can.

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6e51f6ab.jpg

Daz

angel1368 20 August 2014 01:06 PM

hi mate warm welcome, i am also from the wirral so do keep an eye out for me

Dazscoobydo 20 August 2014 02:04 PM

Thanks mate will be sure to keep a look out

oldman-wrx 21 August 2014 07:51 PM

same here also Wirral so keep an eye out for you

P1 LTD 23 August 2014 11:37 PM

Me to on the Wirral... Nice clean Bug you got there... :thumb:

angel1368 24 August 2014 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by P1 LTD (Post 11497739)
Me to on the Wirral... Nice clean Bug you got there... :thumb:

im sure ive seen you popping round mate, last time may of been oxton road onto balls road by the muscle shop

Dazscoobydo 25 August 2014 09:23 AM

Cheers P1 LTD, I'm trying to keep it tidy- it needed a little attention when I got it. I use mine daily and to be honest I'm always around the Wallasey/bromborough/Birkenhead areas so I'm not surprised if I bump it a few of you!

Scooby Jo 26 August 2014 09:16 PM

Think I've spotted you too.... not many female Scooby drivers so you might spot me :)Nice tidy car you have there, will give you a wave if I spot you :)

angel1368 26 August 2014 09:57 PM

i see a hawkeye wrx driven by a female sometimes

Scooby Jo 26 August 2014 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by angel1368 (Post 11500173)
i see a hawkeye wrx driven by a female sometimes

I've got a blue blob WRX with white wheels, standard spoiler and nice loud exhaust :) I spotted a woman in a black hawk tonight and she waived at me but also saw a silver bug by Asda in Liscard a couple of nights ago :)

angel1368 26 August 2014 10:07 PM

well heres mine so keep them eyes out
http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...psf78a59b2.jpg

BLU 26 August 2014 10:15 PM

Welcome. Originally from the Wirral myself. Occasionally pop over so will keep my eyes peeled :thumb:

Dazscoobydo 26 August 2014 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Jo (Post 11500134)
Think I've spotted you too.... not many female Scooby drivers so you might spot me :)Nice tidy car you have there, will give you a wave if I spot you :)

Yeah I've definitely seen you around Jo. Ever since I bought mine, there seem to be more and more popping up. I mean scoobies are still rare but I see one nearly everyday now.

That bug was me the other night, I waved as I was going over the roundabout :thumb:

t4and greys 06 March 2015 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Jo (Post 11500134)

Ahem :) there's a few of us jo :)

Scooby Jo 08 March 2015 09:56 PM

More now than when I got my first Scooby 10 years ago, but still not many on the Wirral or at any of the meets 😟

t4and greys 08 March 2015 09:58 PM

Agreed jo and had my first classic about 8 yrs ago currently got 2 bugs :)
I just never get time to go to meets sadly

P1303 16 March 2015 12:37 AM

Hi I will keep my eye out for you Welkom

The Bongos 11 February 2016 09:11 PM

Another from the Wirral here! Looking forward to a meet.Anything coming up?

Scooby Jo 16 February 2016 08:42 PM

Hi, don't normally use Scoobynet anymore but I had an email notification so thought I'd say hi.
Most of the Wirral crowd go to either CADS meets, Cheshire & District Scoobies and/or Cars and Coffee meets. You'll needs to go on the CADS site and sign up to see details of meets. Cars and Coffee Liverpool have a Facebook page, so do CADS but go on their site first and join (free).
What have you got btw?

dave c 83 20 February 2016 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Jo (Post 11797454)
Hi, don't normally use Scoobynet anymore but I had an email notification so thought I'd say hi.
Most of the Wirral crowd go to either CADS meets, Cheshire & District Scoobies and/or Cars and Coffee meets. You'll needs to go on the CADS site and sign up to see details of meets. Cars and Coffee Liverpool have a Facebook page, so do CADS but go on their site first and join (free).
What have you got btw?

hi mate...ive just moved to woodchurch with the missus,i have a 2004 sti running 420bhp...be nice to come along to a meet pal.