ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Bad advert bargain type r ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1009749-bad-advert-bargain-type-r.html)

taylor85 13 August 2014 12:09 AM

Bad advert bargain type r ?

Horrid advert , apologies to any member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261554753106

I want to bid but something's telling me no !! Like the bonnet ?

Also the language is terrible but 3k for a type r ??

Tidgy 13 August 2014 12:30 AM

1400 rebuild? lol

LuckyWelshchap 13 August 2014 12:59 AM

I'd say the seller was too honest, bizzarely.

ditchmyster 13 August 2014 07:18 AM

I doubt it will end on £3k more like £4/5k, at least the seller can string a legible sentence together, brakes and seats are nice and both very desirable.

Bit of tidying up and it'll make for a nice car.

328isport 13 August 2014 08:10 AM

Yea looks worth a punt to me, obviously needs a bit of tidying, probably wouldn't want to go over much 4k as once you've sorted it you'll no doubt have spent what a nicer one would have cost you in the beginning, but as ditch says the seats and brakes are good and worth a pretty penny alone, it certainly has potential. Obviously you'd really want to see it in the flesh first though!

spender(again) 13 August 2014 09:12 AM

" you can insure this as a non turbo as its an import" !!!!!

banny sti 13 August 2014 09:27 AM

Couple of things I spotted speed does not have blue trim for a limited, missing the numbered plaque, the brakes are alcons no ap's and no mention of a remap

N_Scooby 13 August 2014 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11490046)
Couple of things I spotted speed does not have blue trim for a limited, missing the numbered plaque, the brakes are alcons no ap's and no mention of a remap

Shouldn't have a numbered plaque - Type R Ltds didn't, while the STI RA's and the WRX RA's did get a plaque. I believe the Type R Limited wasn't really limited in numbers at all and didn't get an individual number.

V5 didn't get the blue dash trim, V6 did.

banny sti 13 August 2014 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by N_Scooby (Post 11490061)
Shouldn't have a numbered plaque - Type R Ltds didn't, while the STI RA's and the WRX RA's did get a plaque. I believe the Type R Limited wasn't really limited in numbers at all and didn't get an individual number.

V5 didn't get the blue dash trim, V6 did.

it got the blue speedo surrond which is not present

Maz 13 August 2014 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11490066)
it got the blue speedo surrond which is not present

No that was done on the V6 along with the seat colour change to blue.

User 21721 13 August 2014 11:09 AM

The V5 STI Type R limited only had the standard interior also - http://www.type-ra.com/impreza-my99-...-r-v5-limited/

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.

taylor85 13 August 2014 11:27 AM

Cheers for the input guys

smiffywhu 13 August 2014 11:27 AM

If he has 7 cars a year you'd think he'd have mastered his selling technique by now, but as Ditch said the language is ok, we've seen a lot worse..Hi Jay :luvlove:

Taylor this wont go for 3k as its an auction.I miss the "roar-ness" of my classic badly!!Whoever buys this needs to remove those decals straight away. Very interested to see what this goes for later today and hopefully a SN guy gets it on the cheap:thumb:

micky 13 August 2014 12:03 PM

engine was supply only

ditchmyster 13 August 2014 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 11490046)

I believe some AP's and Alcons are the same, think Godspeed mentioned this before, it also says it's got pops and bangs so sounds as thought it's had some sort of map.

Your slipping Banny.:lol1:

CutMasterT 13 August 2014 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by smiffywhu (Post 11490093)
If he has 7 cars a year you'd think he'd have mastered his selling technique by now, but as Ditch said the language is ok, we've seen a lot worse..Hi Jay :luvlove:

Taylor this wont go for 3k as its an auction.I miss the "roar-ness" of my classic badly!!Whoever buys this needs to remove those decals straight away. Very interested to see what this goes for later today and hopefully a SN guy gets it on the cheap:thumb:

What decals? Looks like it has the standard quater panel decals and normal fog decals too?

ronjeramy 13 August 2014 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11490124)
I believe some AP's and Alcons are the same, think Godspeed mentioned this before, it also says it's got pops and bangs so sounds as thought it's had some sort of map.

Your slipping Banny.:lol1:

Pops and bangs doesn't mean it's been remapped, my old uk turbo used to pop bad bang without a remap. Just means it's over fueling. :)

ditchmyster 13 August 2014 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by ronjeramy (Post 11490136)
Pops and bangs doesn't mean it's been remapped, my old uk turbo used to pop bad bang without a remap. Just means it's over fueling. :)

Standard ecu and map on a type r wouldn't over fuel though, over fueling is however generally mapped in to get the pops and bangs, which is why it suggests to me that it's probably been mapped for UK fuel, also considering the spec and the fancy bits, it also suggests to me that it's been owned by someone that knows a bit about scoobs.:)

Detective ditch.:D
:lol1:

328isport 13 August 2014 01:12 PM

On the pops and bangs I remember a friends decatted RB5 used to do this a fair bit and even the odd flash out of the exhaust, and that was totally stock otherwise, either way I guess without proof the sensible thing to do on this one would be to get it mapped anyway.

My only other observations are that I hope it doesn't idle at 2500rpm as it the pic, and the current owner is really, really bad at reverse parking lol

taylor85 13 August 2014 01:22 PM

I was trying work out a sensible offer then

Sort paint
Service
Map
Odd jobs to make right

Think it needs some love / tlc

johned 13 August 2014 01:24 PM

Rev counter on 2.5k?.

328isport 13 August 2014 01:41 PM

Taylor it really depends how much you can get your list done for, if you worked it out on all retail, I'd expect you could spend 2k on it easily, so really much over 4k and it starts to become hard to justify as 6.5k up will get you very nice one, less miles/better history/more original etc. someone's clearly loved this car at some stage, but I think you'd be brave offering anything without seeing it, the shell needs a proper check over and if the engine has been replaced you want to make sure it's a Type R lump in there.

euan_r 13 August 2014 03:10 PM

If arches are bubbling it will be rotten up where strut housing meets one of the inner plates from c pillar up inside the rear quarter skin.

smiffywhu 13 August 2014 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by CutMasterT (Post 11490125)
What decals? Looks like it has the standard quater panel decals and normal fog decals too?

yes i meant quarter panels, didn't realise that was standard.Not a good look IMO, its up to £4,300 now with over an hour to go, the value has gone Taylor.

taylor85 13 August 2014 03:40 PM

Yeah what it needs doing I've lost interest now lol

BIG FUD 13 August 2014 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by spender(again) (Post 11490038)
" you can insure this as a non turbo as its an import" !!!!!

got gl on the log book.

4500 now.

Kwik 13 August 2014 04:27 PM

@£4500 its not a bargain. IIRC the ECU won't be mappable, and one that would, would be listed as it would cost a few £££. So likely an FMIC on an unmapped car, unless its got a facebook self-learning ECU :).
The reciept for the engine says "rebuilt engine - supplied" so more likely a change over rather than a build (certainly not forged).

Brun 13 August 2014 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kwik (Post 11490256)
@£4500 its not a bargain. IIRC the ECU won't be mappable, and one that would, would be listed as it would cost a few £££. So likely an FMIC on an unmapped car, unless its got a facebook self-learning ECU :).
The reciept for the engine says "rebuilt engine - supplied" so more likely a change over rather than a build (certainly not forged).

V5's can be mapped.

ronjeramy 13 August 2014 08:39 PM

Sold for £4500 :eek:

**jay** 13 August 2014 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by ronjeramy (Post 11490466)
Sold for £4500 :eek:

And now relisted lol