ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Classic on pistonheads (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1009125-classic-on-pistonheads.html)

328isport 01 August 2014 11:05 PM

Classic on pistonheads

Hi guys,

Anyone know this car? quite an interesting spec what with it being built for response, and having a JDM 6 speed conversion

But the yellow interior and engine bay... :eek:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...unroof/2392405

Pross 01 August 2014 11:15 PM

The interior is subtle, dunno about the engine bay tho :/

rob84 01 August 2014 11:16 PM

The interior is from a classic sport special

LuckyWelshchap 01 August 2014 11:16 PM

Imo ? - it's nonsense.

Regardless of the fact that it's more than twice what you'd expect to pay for a classic (however good) how can anyone spice up an ad by mentioning a sunroof ?????????????????????????????

"mapped to 330bhp and 330 ft.lb" - fine, but then they say "Rather than chasing bhp figures I have made modifications for throttle response"

And the killer - "We all know the best place for an intercooler is the the top,"

Del Boy come back, all is forgiven...................................

jameswrx 01 August 2014 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by rob84 (Post 11481618)
The interior is from a classic sport special

Pretty sure the last of the classic JDM wrx's had that interior standard.

Looks like ok to me, apart from the engine bay. Maybe paint a few bits black under the bonnet.

LuckyWelshchap 02 August 2014 12:08 AM

Yes, looks good.

But would you part with over £6K for that?
£6K is decent Blob money.

328isport 02 August 2014 12:21 AM

Yea it's not cheap, but then it does have a JDM 6 speed box already and AP's, both of which would probably set you back 3k alone to convert another car.. depends what condition the shells in I guess, if its rust free its probably not far off.

rb5 stu 02 August 2014 07:54 AM

It wont be rust free.

328isport 02 August 2014 08:59 AM

probably not, what classic is :P the fact it lives in Scotland probably makes it less likely also..

imprezaworks 02 August 2014 10:09 AM

I really dislike the sunroof, rest looks good.

ditchmyster 02 August 2014 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap (Post 11481620)
Imo ? - it's nonsense.

Regardless of the fact that it's more than twice what you'd expect to pay for a classic (however good) how can anyone spice up an ad by mentioning a sunroof ?????????????????????????????

"mapped to 330bhp and 330 ft.lb" - fine, but then they say "Rather than chasing bhp figures I have made modifications for throttle response"

And the killer - "We all know the best place for an intercooler is the the top,"

Sorry LWC but I think you've got it wrong on this one.

It's a decent advert from what would appear to be a responsible reasonably well educated knowledgable owner that has had the car for 10yrs.

To my eyes the only problem is his taste in colour apart from that it looks like a very good buy for someone.

As for the possible rust issue, I doubt it has any as it looks like he's kept it in a garage and also has a bubble frame next to where it's parked ;) which would suggest to me that it's been his baby for most of the 10yrs and only came out for track and sunny days.

Also the mods it has after market top mount, swirl pot, brakes,gear box and the little matter of the John Felstead baffled sump gives me clues that this guy knows his onions, as anyone that knows anything about the Subaru scene knows Johns credentials and his preference for top mounts.;)

Well sorted, well cared for weapon springs to my mind.

And a VERY good price, I'd be all over this like white on rice if I were in the market.:thumb:

Edit to add;
All the factory add on's suggest the previous owner knew his onions too, this is the kind of car that comes up once in a blue moon and a very nice colour too.

It won't be around for long.;)

2nd edit to add;

In fact your so wide of the mark on this I find it difficult to believe.:(

Peter Pan 02 August 2014 03:35 PM

Looks a nice car, nice colour with some nice parts on it too. As for the rust issue not every classic has rust issues, I'm lucky enough to have one that hasn't any but it's never been subjected to years of British winters with salty roads so more than probable that this ones the same. There's few members in South Wales who own nice, rust free classics as well so these are the ones to look after and hold on to. :thumb:

Ciaran 02 August 2014 03:56 PM

Know the car well. Had a lot of money spent and was garaged during the winter.
Looked after impeccably

g7prs 02 August 2014 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ciaran (Post 11481970)
Know the car well. Had a lot of money spent and was garaged during the winter.
Looked after impeccably

Did the car have a decal along the bottom of the doors previously?

marco58 02 August 2014 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11481793)
Sorry LWC but I think you've got it wrong on this one.

It's a decent advert from what would appear to be a responsible reasonably well educated knowledgable owner that has had the car for 10yrs.

To my eyes the only problem is his taste in colour apart from that it looks like a very good buy for someone.

As for the possible rust issue, I doubt it has any as it looks like he's kept it in a garage and also has a bubble frame next to where it's parked ;) which would suggest to me that it's been his baby for most of the 10yrs and only came out for track and sunny days.

Also the mods it has after market top mount, swirl pot, brakes,gear box and the little matter of the John Felstead baffled sump gives me clues that this guy knows his onions, as anyone that knows anything about the Subaru scene knows Johns credentials and his preference for top mounts.;)

Well sorted, well cared for weapon springs to my mind.

And a VERY good price, I'd be all over this like white on rice if I were in the market.:thumb:

Edit to add;
All the factory add on's suggest the previous owner knew his onions too, this is the kind of car that comes up once in a blue moon and a very nice colour too.

It won't be around for long.;)

2nd edit to add;

In fact your so wide of the mark on this I find it difficult to believe.:(

:thumb:

Ciaran 02 August 2014 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by g7prs (Post 11481974)
Did the car have a decal along the bottom of the doors previously?

Yes used to have a yellow sort of strip along the bottom the doors

Emmaroids 02 August 2014 04:56 PM

Imo ? - it's nonsense.

Do you have a clue what you're talking about??

Actually scratch that reading your posts it's obvious you don't.

330 bhp isn't chasing figures its a nice number for a classic road car and the fact he has 2ks worth of ap brakes and a Map by a reputable tuner confirms its not your usual 3k shed. The throttle response will be fine as Andy Carr knows how to map..

Moley 02 August 2014 05:04 PM

Worth the money IMO

Decent Classics are going up in price, and this is a great example.

Ciaran 02 August 2014 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Emmaroids (Post 11482002)
Do you have a clue what you're talking about??

Actually scratch that reading your posts it's obvious you don't.

330 bhp isn't chasing figures its a nice number for a classic road car and the fact he has 2ks worth of ap brakes and a Map by a reputable tuner confirms its not your usual 3k shed. The throttle response will be fine as Andy Carr knows how to map..

It's been mapped by Andy Forrest

f1_fan 02 August 2014 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Emmaroids (Post 11482002)
Do you have a clue what you're talking about??.

Serious question? ;) :lol1:

Emmaroids 02 August 2014 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11482047)
Serious question? ;) :lol1:

Not really as we both know the answer, I'd say google let him down this time.

g7prs 02 August 2014 06:54 PM

As Ciaran said the car has always been well looked after and maintained. The owner was a member over on sidc for years.

Blue by You 05 August 2014 03:34 PM

Looks a sweet car and well worth the asking.

plenty 05 August 2014 05:15 PM

If you were more interested in minimising lag at the expense of ultimate power, then a TMIC makes sense.

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap (Post 11481669)
But would you part with over £6K for that?
£6K is decent Blob money.

Yes I would if I were in the market, and so would others who are looking specifically for GC8s. Besides, if it's an economic decision, this car will be worth more in 5 years than a 6k Blob would be.

New_scooby_04 05 August 2014 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by 328isport (Post 11481610)
Hi guys,

Anyone know this car? quite an interesting spec what with it being built for response, and having a JDM 6 speed conversion

But the yellow interior and engine bay... :eek:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...unroof/2392405

That's an entirely sensible spec for a classic. I speak from experience: they're nice at that level and it's been mapped by AF Pity about the yellow bits.

:D

fat-thomas 05 August 2014 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 11484489)
That's an entirely sensible spec for a classic. I speak from experience: they're nice at that level and it's been mapped by AF Pity about the yellow bits.

:D

we all know its a decent car at a decent price, the only one who doesnt is mr google answer who jumped in early to offer his smart ass opinion and showed his true knowledge on all things suabru:lol1:

scoobyboy1 05 August 2014 05:47 PM

If it didnt have a 6 speed box what would it be worth then???:wonder:

Its still a Version 6 WRX with a 6 speed box and some AP's fitted, no mention of a engine rebuild so running the standard WRX lump:Suspiciou. OK its not stressed at that sort of power, but Ive seen classics with a far better spec then this go for this sort of money.

Worth maybe £5k in my opinion, and thats because it has a 6 speed fitted to a classic!!:thumb:

scoobyboy1 05 August 2014 05:52 PM

Here you go, same year car, same colour, minus a 6 speed gearbox from a rip off dealer so you know there making a good profit on it, all for £3,995
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...xperiment=true

ditchmyster 05 August 2014 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11484496)
If it didnt have a 6 speed box what would it be worth then???:wonder:

Its still a Version 6 WRX with a 6 speed box and some AP's fitted, no mention of a engine rebuild so running the standard WRX lump:Suspiciou. OK its not stressed at that sort of power, but Ive seen classics with a far better spec then this go for this sort of money.

Worth maybe £5k in my opinion, and thats because it has a 6 speed fitted to a classic!!:thumb:

Did you actually read all the advert? Scratch that question as it's obvious you didn't.

Go back to the link, read EVERYTHING and try again.:thumb:

scoobyboy1 05 August 2014 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11484523)
Did you actually read all the advert? Scratch that question as it's obvious you didn't.

Go back to the link, read EVERYTHING and try again.:thumb:

Read it 10 times over mate, thinking that I have missed a fully forged engine re-build, which would then warrant the £6,2k price tag!!

Guess what, There isnt one!!!:Whatever_

I see that the car has had STi upgrades from the Factory including the engine:cuckoo: Yeah right, So STi take a WRX put there STi parts on and then leave it badged as a WRX. Sounds nearly as good as the UK S204 story thats for sale on pistonheads at the moment!!!:cuckoo: