ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   "He could have fired a warning shot" (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1008912-he-could-have-fired-a-warning-shot.html)

22BUK 29 July 2014 06:05 PM

"He could have fired a warning shot"

From WTTC News in Dallas, we get this heart-warming tale of a long-time criminal, 33, named Deyfon Pipkins, who tried to climb in a window of a home.
The elderly owner inside saw him and fired one shot, ending Deyfon's criminal career.
As the police do, they came by, gathered the corpse, then went to notify Deyfon's family of his timely demise. It seems that the family was upset though, because they then showed up at the scene.
"He could have used a warning," Lakesha Thompson, Pipkins' sister-in-law, said. "He could have let him know that he did have a gun on his property and he would use it in selfdefense."
COMMENT FROM THE SIDELINE:
"That's certainly true, Lakesha. He could also have invited him in and given him a beer, then helped him cart the TV out to the curb. "Unfortunately for Deyfon, Texas is a Castle Doctrine state, and the homeowner chose to shoot Deyfon, as it is right and proper to do in Texas.
"For that matter, Lakesha, you could have warned Deyfon. Why didn't you tell him: " Deyfon, yo' needs to quit breakin' into those people’s houses and stealin' they stuff. Someone is goin’ to pop a cap in yo' tail."( Some words changed to protect the innocent).
God must love stupid people; He made so many.

http://www.millercountyliberal.com/n...ning_shot.html

neil-h 29 July 2014 08:12 PM

Is that last paragraph not just racial stereotyping? :wonder:

PaulC72 29 July 2014 08:23 PM

a fair result and one that should be available to all.

RA Dunk 29 July 2014 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11478873)

Get off your high horse Neil FFS.

gazney101 29 July 2014 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11478873)

No mention of the mans race or skin colour in that post ....

So racial stereotyping against who...?

dpb 29 July 2014 09:38 PM

The same state that brought us George double yer , lance Armstrong

Among other horrors

neil-h 29 July 2014 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11478931)
Get off your high horse Neil FFS.

Now why would I do that? That article old have put its point across just as well with out that paragraph and it wouldn't have had the same implied bias.

yabbadoo4 29 July 2014 10:13 PM

unfortunately for deyfon the warning shot hit him.

RA Dunk 29 July 2014 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11478979)
Now why would I do that?

Because you played the racist card when you don't even know which race your talking about. :rolleyes:

yabbadoo4 29 July 2014 10:20 PM

yep no mention of race. plenty of lakesha,s and deyfon,s up here in scotland.

smiffywhu 29 July 2014 10:22 PM

LOL

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4 (Post 11479005)
unfortunately for deyfon the warning shot hit him.

That's fvuking brilliant!! made my night :p

Shame the yanks are such Dumbasses and believe in fairy tales to even mention him upstairs

dpb 29 July 2014 10:24 PM

He looks black to me

dpb 29 July 2014 10:26 PM

There was no upstairs. :Suspiciou

dpb 29 July 2014 10:57 PM

He might come to clean the windows!

pimmo2000 30 July 2014 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11478979)
Now why would I do that? That article old have put its point across just as well with out that paragraph and it wouldn't have had the same implied bias.

I think your assumption of the comments being aimed at a race rather than an individual bring you into question sonny.

Didn't even cross my mind.

tony de wonderful 30 July 2014 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11478974)
The same state that brought us George double yer , lance Armstrong

Among other horrors

I'm not comfortable with something like the castle doctrine 'cos it can be abused, but on the other hand if there is an intruder in your house in England you are expected to make them a cup of tea and take their coat.

ditchmyster 30 July 2014 08:40 AM

He got what was coming to him and well deserved too.

I'm all for being able to protect yourself and family, once inside the criminals rights are outside as who know what intensions someone breaking into your house has. shoot first ask questions later IMO.:thumb:

SJ_Skyline 30 July 2014 09:42 AM

Castle doctrine works for me. 0% repeat offenders :thumb:

Martin2005 31 July 2014 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 11479194)
Castle doctrine works for me. 0% repeat offenders :thumb:

Legalised gun ownership = lots of people being killed by guns, good and bad. Thank god we live in a grown up society where this doesn't happen

RA Dunk 31 July 2014 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11479859)
Thank god we live in a grown up society

lol, If only... :freak3:

ditchmyster 31 July 2014 08:02 AM

Legalised gun ownership = lots of people being killed by guns, good and bad. Thank god we live in a grown up society where this doesn't happen

I think it would be better if responsible citizens were allowed to have hand guns as well, because lets face it un-balanced dangerous criminals get to have guns but the rest of us have to make do with things like baseball bats and machetes or our hands with some skin on them.:freak3:

It's time we levelled the playing field. :thumb:

RA Dunk 31 July 2014 08:04 AM

Even a Tazer would be handy for having around the home in the event of a break in.

ditchmyster 31 July 2014 08:10 AM

Problem with a Tazer though is it's a one shot at a time deal, but a nice 9mm Barretta with a 50 shot SMG mag. :cool: :lol1:

RA Dunk 31 July 2014 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11479906)
Problem with a Tazer though is it's a one shot at a time deal

But once they are down there is always the option to set about them with a baseball bat or what ever else happens to be lying around, like a carving knife or a pair of pliers and a blow torch for example.. :)

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 31 July 2014 08:16 AM

Legalised gun ownership = lots of people being killed by guns, good and bad.

Like Switzerland...

ditchmyster 31 July 2014 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 11479907)
But once they are down there is always the option to set about them with a baseball bat or what ever else happens to be lying around, like a carving knife or a pair of pliers and a blow torch for example.. :)

:lol1: legalise blow torches and pliers.:cool:

neil-h 31 July 2014 08:29 AM

If some of the views expressed on here are anything to go by, then I'm not sure we do. This place makes some of the Vauxhall related forums looks like a bunch of liberals.

chocolate_o_brian 31 July 2014 08:49 AM

No, no, no. We can't have guns or means to protect ourselves against intruders. As that would just make us as bad as the criminals themselves. No, no, no. Most certainly not. We should invite them in, offer them tea and biscuits, perhaps fluff a pillow for them whilst they kneel down and empty our cabinets if valuables...

Give me strength :lol1:

jonc 31 July 2014 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat (Post 11479908)
Like Switzerland...

Gun laws are quite strict in Switzerland. After military service you can own a gun and only after providing justification for the permit. The barrel of the gun is kept separately from the gun and the ammo is kept at a central armoury, not in the home. Gun ownership is more to do with national security rather than home defence.

Despite that Switzerland still has the highest firearm related domestic homicide and suicide rates in Europe.

Martin2005 31 July 2014 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11479900)
I think it would be better if responsible citizens were allowed to have hand guns as well, because lets face it un-balanced dangerous criminals get to have guns but the rest of us have to make do with things like baseball bats and machetes or our hands with some skin on them.:freak3:

It's time we levelled the playing field. :thumb:

You 'make do with baseball bats and machetes'? - dear lord, where do you live? You should get the hell out of there if it's that dangerous.