ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   Pic Request: White Type r with rear qtr damage? (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/1008864-pic-request-white-type-r-with-rear-qtr-damage.html)

Welloilbeefhooked 28 July 2014 08:03 PM

Pic Request: White Type r with rear qtr damage?

I could do with a side on shot of a white type r with a caved in rear qtr and or door please.

MattyB1983 29 July 2014 12:46 PM

Why ??

Out of interest.

beardo47 29 July 2014 06:08 PM

I'l come round with my lump hammer and you can take a picture.

Welloilbeefhooked 29 July 2014 07:08 PM

I knew someone would ask. Its so I can digi print it and make my rear quarter look damaged.

beardo47 29 July 2014 07:31 PM

Insurance fraud ?

LUCKO 29 July 2014 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked (Post 11478044)
I could do with a side on shot of a white type r with a caved in rear qtr and or door please.

just adjust the dccd and drive it hard in the rain

you wont need pictures you will have all the damage you ever needed ;)

scoobyboy1 29 July 2014 07:53 PM

Ive only got a picture of a blue type r with rear quarter damage!!:wonder:

MattyB1983 29 July 2014 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked (Post 11478818)
I knew someone would ask. Its so I can digi print it and make my rear quarter look damaged.

Again, why ???

bustaMOVEs 29 July 2014 08:12 PM

It's so obvious what this guys upto.........

........he who supplies, will become an accessory to commit.............?

Scooby-Mark 30 July 2014 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by LUCKO (Post 11478851)
just adjust the dccd and drive it hard in the rain

you wont need pictures you will have all the damage you ever needed ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Saw something similar to this request on BBC1 after homes under the hammer (Great life I have when working from home :D:D )

The whole program is about catching people who commit insurance fraud and some body had put a claim in with accompanying photos of a Ford Focus trying to claim for excessive damage, they got an expert to investigate the pictures after it raised suspicion within the insurance company and the claimant had photo shopped Focus RS or ST wheels onto it vey badly and close up you could see the wheels were different sizes and not even taken from photos from the same angle, And the front end damage showed the airbags deployed in one photo and then the next the dash was intact, needless to say they didn't get a penny :lol1::lol1:

I couldn't believe the lengths people would go to to claim a few quid on a Focus and to also believe the photos looked realistic :cuckoo::cuckoo:

bioforger 30 July 2014 09:59 AM

I don't get this thread or some of the responses, when you put a claim in the insurer sends out an engineer to assess the damage or they get the assessment done by an approved garage on their books who is going to do any work, before anything is arranged or allowed.

So using dodgy, faked or shopped photos is irrelevant. No insurer would ever consider approving a claim based on photos!

Moley 30 July 2014 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11479203)
I don't get this thread or some of the responses, when you put a claim in the insurer sends out an engineer to assess the damage or they get the assessment done by an approved garage on their books who is going to do any work, before anything is arranged or allowed.

So using dodgy, faked or shopped photos is irrelevant. No insurer would ever consider approving a claim based on photos!

Quite often engineers aren't sent to approve the claim if it's an small one, they just take the word of the bodyshop

Scooby-Mark 30 July 2014 11:12 AM

Can't find the episode of claimed and shamed as none of them are on iPlayer, but I do recall it being a well known insurer that was trying to be scammed and that it was the garage / approved repairer that was submitting the photos as evidence to enhance the claim.

bioforger 30 July 2014 11:37 AM

mm ok, well in my experience the car has always been assessed regardless of the damage.

south_scoob 30 July 2014 03:23 PM

Get your facts right beforeyou post. ive had two different companys pay out for non fault claims based purely on photographs

bioforger 30 July 2014 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by south_scoob (Post 11479386)
Get your facts right beforeyou post. ive had two different companys pay out for non fault claims based purely on photographs

Small claims? I wouldn't consider rear quarter damage as a small claim as any bodyshop worth their salt would be wanting to replace that rear quarter, which is a pretty big and costly job on any motor = assessed by engineer.

Welloilbeefhooked 31 July 2014 09:46 AM

Its simply as a promotional tool for my dent and body shop businesses to attract a bit of attention. Seen it done in the US with good success. Very suspicious people on here.

Welloilbeefhooked 31 July 2014 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11478872)
It's so obvious what this guys upto.........

........he who supplies, will become an accessory to commit.............?

idiot

MattyB1983 31 July 2014 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked (Post 11479989)
Its simply as a promotional tool for my dent and body shop businesses to attract a bit of attention. Seen it done in the US with good success. Very suspicious people on here.

Surely that would be false advertising ???

Welloilbeefhooked 31 July 2014 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 11480083)
Surely that would be false advertising ???

How exactly? Its simply to show a damaged car and gain interest.

Anyway, as this is escalating into something I never intended I'm closing the thread.

MattyB1983 31 July 2014 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked (Post 11480311)
How exactly?.

Because you'll be showing a picture of your car in a damaged state (using photoshop) and then another of it undamaged.
You'll be advertising that you repaired the damage obviously when infact you didn't.

Or am I reading it wrong ???

bustaMOVEs 31 July 2014 07:01 PM

If it's for marketing purposes, then use any old car, surely there's loads of pictures of nemerous vehicles about!?
Why the such need of 'your' car?

ossett2k2 31 July 2014 07:06 PM

Nothing wrong with this kind of advertising imo, your only showing what kind of service you supply. Good luck with it mate.
I have a white type ra with a few small dents,you can use pics of mine in exchange for free repairs if you want :lol1:

Welloilbeefhooked 31 July 2014 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 11480444)
Because you'll be showing a picture of your car in a damaged state (using photoshop) and then another of it undamaged.
You'll be advertising that you repaired the damage obviously when infact you didn't.

Or am I reading it wrong ???

The picture will be used to print a full scale print and physically applying it to my car making it look like mine is damaged when in fact it isn't. Its not a before and after.

All that has happened here is that as usual people are jumping to the wrong conclusion.

scoobyboy1 31 July 2014 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked (Post 11480576)
The picture will be used to print a full scale print and physically applying it to my car making it look like mine is damaged when in fact it isn't. Its not a before and after.

All that has happened here is that as usual people are jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Should of explained it on your first post on this thread??;) stops everyone jumping on the band wagon!!:D

Welloilbeefhooked 31 July 2014 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11480721)
Should of explained it on your first post on this thread??;) stops everyone jumping on the band wagon!!:D

Could have done, you are right but I was asking for a picture, nothing else.

Xline 31 July 2014 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked (Post 11480576)

What a great idea! Do post a pic when you've done it!

You, Sir, are obviously a fraudster and I shall be reporting you to the appropriate authorities immediately.