ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   looking for major service/cambelt change (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/1008589-looking-for-major-service-cambelt-change.html)

slash920 24 July 2014 07:18 PM

looking for major service/cambelt change

just after thoughts on who to ask to do this work within south wales area.

aircon and alternator belts, cam belt, cam belt tensioner, cambelt rollers change along with new water pump and uprated oil pump.

cheers.

Tiptoptaf 24 July 2014 08:30 PM

3 arches in Cardiff, ex-Subaru mechanic`s and good guys. ask for Dean

Peter Pan 24 July 2014 09:25 PM

As above and have a very good name on here or there's Indigo GT in Tredegar.

ImprezAL 24 July 2014 10:43 PM

Another vote for Three Arches here amigo will be visiting again later in the year for some bits fitting, belts and water pump :) sure indigo would do a great job too.

PC555 24 July 2014 11:38 PM

And another. Dean's a top bloke.

Smithy07 25 July 2014 08:14 PM

Get down Nathaniel car sales mate! Great prices also a subaru dealer!

The Trooper 1815 26 July 2014 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Smithy07 (Post 11476038)
Get down Nathaniel car sales mate! Great prices also a subaru dealer!

:lol: spat my tea over the keyboard with that one. Subaru Dealer = Great prices.

Tell us how much Smithy?

Cannon Fodder 26 July 2014 12:52 PM

I'd recommend Dan and Dean at Three Arches, great people to do business with and they treat each car like it's their own.

Tiptoptaf 26 July 2014 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 11476359)
I'd recommend Dam

Which Dam do you recommend Ty :D:D

Cannon Fodder 26 July 2014 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tiptoptaf (Post 11476384)
Which Dam do you recommend Ty :D:D

I think your glasses need a clean Dave. :p :lol1:

slash920 30 July 2014 08:53 PM

yeah had a quote via email from three arches, i have heard a lot of good things to be fair. quoted me 5 hours labour at £50 an hour to do; full timing belt install, uprated oil pump, water pump, anti freeze change, alternator and air con belt install, fix my pas leak which i believe could be a copper washer in one of the unions.

that's me supplying all the bits.

just put a thread up i have new left over timing belt kit from a v2 but they are totally different on the v6 so i need to buy the full kit. i understand the water pump is a choice of two types available, the uprated oil pump is standard throughout the classic shape. fingers crossed in the next few months ill be getting this done.

Peter Pan 30 July 2014 09:20 PM

Isn't the only difference the belt tensioner?? If so then I have a brand new later spec tensioner here if you want it?? It was from the kit I bought from Graham Goode to do mine but my V3 is on a cross over year and uses the earlier V1-2 tensioner.

fawor 31 July 2014 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by slash920 (Post 11479633)
yeah had a quote via email from three arches, i have heard a lot of good things to be fair. quoted me 5 hours labour at £50 an hour to do; full timing belt install, uprated oil pump, water pump, anti freeze change, alternator and air con belt install, fix my pas leak which i believe could be a copper washer in one of the unions.

that's me supplying all the bits.

just put a thread up i have new left over timing belt kit from a v2 but they are totally different on the v6 so i need to buy the full kit. i understand the water pump is a choice of two types available, the uprated oil pump is standard throughout the classic shape. fingers crossed in the next few months ill be getting this done.

50 plus vat or without?
Thats a lot for easy job, I paid 110 plus parts
Any knowledgeable mechanic could do it,thats not a spacecraft :lol1:

The Trooper 1815 31 July 2014 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by fawor (Post 11479879)
50 plus vat or without?
Thats a lot for easy job, I paid 110 plus parts
Any knowledgeable mechanic could do it,thats not a spacecraft :lol1:

With VAT.

How much did your parts cost? If it was so easy why not do it yourself?

What you get at Three Arches are trained and experienced Subaru Mechanics who own Subaru's, love their cars and their work.

They are not some "Backstreet Bob" who'll do anyone a favour.

:D

gregwill 03 August 2014 12:26 PM

I Wouldn't take my car anywhere else than the three arches have done ever since being recommended them from fellow snet members. They certainly know what they are doing and have always done an excellent job!

highly recommend them to anyone :thumb:

andrewgti 03 August 2014 01:20 PM

I take mine to 360 Motorsport near Usk. Lionel is a top guy and a very good mechanic also he knows a Scooby well :). I wouldn't go anywhere else. https://www.facebook.com/360motorsportuk?fref=ts

slash920 02 September 2014 10:11 PM

cars booked in for Tuesday at the three arches, were popping it down monday afternoon. Cant wait to get this work sorted ive added a little extra to original plan.

fit a set of plugs and fit uprated fuel pump as i plan few tweaks at a later date lol.

gotta keep the scoob healthy i suppose, no belt history at all and the car was stood for 6 years by previous owner so needs doing to say the least!

ScoobyNudge 06 September 2014 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11476241)
:lol: spat my tea over the keyboard with that one. Subaru Dealer = Great prices.

Tell us how much Smithy?

I have to be honest excellent customer service from there though. The parts department have been great even though I have only asked questions they always come back to you and are helpful they haven't been subaru dealers long .

smithy try and organise a scoobynet discount?

slash920 13 September 2014 01:34 PM

just returned with the scoob from the three arches. Great service, the lads are great too fair play.

as with most things unexpected issues occur. my PAS lines were renewed (old ones they were old and splitting), new crankshaft sensor (as the old one had seized in original oil pump), a fix on the cam belt covers as bolts had snapped and rusted, all genuine parts.

front cross member was straightened out as car had a bump at some point and all water pipes were flushed as rad weld was added by previous owner and they had trouble re filling anti freeze.

all in all great service they went the extra mile to be fair, they wouldn't give the car back until they was happy no air was in the system. going back soon for gearbox and diff oils.

ill be a regular customer from now on.