ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Mappers - A law Unto Themselves ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1008531-mappers-a-law-unto-themselves.html)

The Rig 23 July 2014 03:21 PM

Mappers - A law Unto Themselves ?

Now, im not one to name and shame so wont but the topic applies in general, i had my car mapped last year and was never happy with the end result, cue 3 or 4 re-attempts to rectify, nothing worked and all that happened was an extra couple hundred ££ out of my pocket.

So, move along a year and after good advice from fellow members on here and persiverance (sp) i self mapped my car and now have an awesome car that drives like it should of a year ago.

So the point of all this ? How can an amateur like myself get the car like it is today and the very "pro mapper" was miles off and left me with a car that was terrible. Ive heard similair stories from other members about said mapper so it wasnt just me being unlucky. Theres so many factors i hear that get used as an excuse to eleviate a poorly mapped car but when investigated it turns out most of the time to be a mapping issue not component issue.

This isnt a rant at all mappers so no handbags at dawn, it just infuriates me i wasted time/money and energy and so have others yet nothing ever gets done as "components" are blamed and the mapper drives off into the sunset..........

MattyB1983 23 July 2014 03:27 PM

Because the 'pro' mapper you used is far from it, regardless of all the great reviews you see of him.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know who you are talking about. ....lol.....

banny sti 23 July 2014 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 11474556)
Because the 'pro' mapper you used is far from it, regardless of all the great reviews you see of him.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know who you are talking about. ....lol.....

:lol1:

jameswrx 23 July 2014 03:32 PM

Be interested to know as a mate of mine had a map done and I find his car very flat, it also turns over for ages before it fires and seems to flood when it starts. Was fine before.

I've had a couple of maps off a different mapper and been happy enough.

Dreep 23 July 2014 07:13 PM

I would actually like to know who this 'pro mapper' is so I don't go and make the mistake of getting them to map my car once I have finished getting my bits.

Mapping can truly make or break a car.

Jaysz 23 July 2014 07:56 PM

What needed adjusting

Rick2014 23 July 2014 08:02 PM

I would like to no as well so I can steer clear of it :lol1:

Aaron1978 23 July 2014 08:18 PM

Some of you lot would make cr4p detectives ;)

birchy2010 23 July 2014 08:40 PM

Can someone pm me who it is please?

I'm having all sorts of issues with mappers. Lots who don't reply or just tell me absolute bollocks. Thought if found a good one but now worried about it!

Sorting a mapper has been the single most stressful part of the car!

JGlanzaV 23 July 2014 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by birchy2010 (Post 11474777)

I'm having all sorts of issues with mappers. Lots who don't reply or just tell me absolute bollocks. Thought if found a good one but now worried about it!

Well read the op's previous posts it will say who mapped it last.....

donny andi 23 July 2014 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by birchy2010 (Post 11474777)

Click on the op's user name and go back a year on his threads started.....

Tis simples

mickywrx 23 July 2014 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron1978 (Post 11474756)
Some of you lot would make cr4p detectives ;)

:lol::lol:

I know who it is. :D

mickywrx 23 July 2014 08:47 PM

I'd only let either of the following anywhere near the ECU in my car with a laptop.

In no particular order;

Paul Blamire
Andy Forrest
Simon Roe
Pat H

bustaMOVEs 23 July 2014 09:00 PM

Well I'd say this is only a tip of the iceberg with the pro mapper.
It's partly the op's fault for choosing a incompetent mapper

Rick2014 23 July 2014 09:08 PM

Some one spit it out :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

mickywrx 23 July 2014 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11474798)
Well I'd say this is only a tip of the iceberg with the pro mapper.
It's partly the op's fault for choosing a incompetent mapper

That's because so many people, who know no better, blow smoke up his arse.

It's not that long ago that the person in question was asking for answers to questions even I knew the answer to. :Whatever_

Just because someone supposedly maps their car that they sometimes drive in Time Attack, doesn't make the a good mapper.

I personally wouldn't let him read a map book, never mind map a car!

JonMc 23 July 2014 09:13 PM

To be fair, I've never used him but others who have provide good feedback, I'm happy with my mapper others aren't and there's only one mapper, who maps using carberry, who I really wouldn't touch.

yabbadoo4 23 July 2014 09:13 PM

nothing gets done because posts such as these never call out the person in question and get posted only to let the person in question know your not happy. just pm them to discuss the issue or get on and name them and see if there,s a response.

scooby2.5maz 23 July 2014 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rick81 (Post 11474805)
Some one spit it out :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Just go back 12 months or so ! :D

peter zippy reid 23 July 2014 09:15 PM

Is it r_c_d_n_m_c_
a e y a i x

bustaMOVEs 23 July 2014 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 11474810)
That's because so many people, who know no better, blow smoke up his arse.

It's not that long ago that the person in question was asking for answers to questions even I knew the answer to. :Whatever_

Just because someone supposedly maps their car that they sometimes drive in Time Attack, doesn't make the a good mapper.

I personally wouldn't let him read a map book, never mind map a car!

Can say the same for 1 or 2 others too. It's the arse kissing that makes me laugh.
Too many arse kissing threads of all kinds too.

Hence he uses a sat nav

MattyB1983 23 July 2014 09:18 PM

The funniest thing was an article in that impreza mag. There was a lads race car in there for a feature and it was saying about the figures it produced after said mapper did his stuff.
It then went on to say how unfortunately the car sh1t itself on its first time out. .....lol......

Rick2014 23 July 2014 09:19 PM

Ive found the thread and **** me im staying clear of that one :lol1: .Ive heard of him before on another forum :lol1: I didn't no he did subarus though :Suspiciou

Infected by sti 23 July 2014 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 11474788)
I'd only let either of the following anywhere near the ECU in my car with a laptop. In no particular order;
Paul Blamire
Andy Forrest
Simon Roe
Pat H

No Bob Rawle :D guys a ledge

bustaMOVEs 23 July 2014 09:25 PM

Francis is top :D:D

JonMc 23 July 2014 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11474825)
Francis is top :D:D

:cry:

Tidgy 23 July 2014 09:29 PM

http://kathleenbarret.com/wp-content...10/popcorn.jpg

bustaMOVEs 23 July 2014 09:33 PM

Someone post up a graph of a real funny graph, you know who you are lol.
There's a couple of folk that have it I belive :)

ScottyPPP 23 July 2014 09:50 PM

What was wrong with the Map out of interest? My 03 WRX has said mappers map on it and it has been ****ing about recently.

Goes into boost cut about once a week and runs actuator pressure for some unknown reason, no codes or CEL. Disconnect and reconnect the battery and its fine.

jazzyjembreaze 23 July 2014 09:52 PM

Can't remember who posted that graph but yea, it was funny
Yes , Peter zippy