ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Best place to find out BHP (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1008312-best-place-to-find-out-bhp.html)

PsychoB 19 July 2014 10:55 PM

Best place to find out BHP

Hey all where do you recommend to have a car put on dyno?

LuckyWelshchap 19 July 2014 11:08 PM

Presumably you mean within reasonable driving distance of the only way?

Over to our Home Counties members.............. :)

PsychoB 20 July 2014 07:48 PM

I may be sounding thick but...........where is that then ��

LuckyWelshchap 21 July 2014 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by PsychoB (Post 11472739)
I may be sounding thick but...........where is that then ��

No mate, it's probably my 'weird' sense of humour.

Your location is Clacton-on-Sea, which is in Essex.
There's a TV show apparently (I don't watch much but read a lot) called 'The Only Way Is Essex' ("TOWIE"????), so my off-the-wall sense of humour actually meant 'there's probably an SN Member(s) in Essex who could tell you where'.

I'd say 'Powerstation in Tewksbury' - where I had mine done - but that's a bit far for you.

Surely there's one in the Home Counties - and even more, someone who can direct you to one close to home???????????

PsychoB 21 July 2014 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap (Post 11472934)
No mate, it's probably my 'weird' sense of humour.

Your location is Clacton-on-Sea, which is in Essex.
There's a TV show apparently (I don't watch much but read a lot) called 'The Only Way Is Essex' ("TOWIE"????), so my off-the-wall sense of humour actually meant 'there's probably an SN Member(s) in Essex who could tell you where'.

I'd say 'Powerstation in Tewksbury' - where I had mine done - but that's a bit far for you.

Surely there's one in the Home Counties - and even more, someone who can direct you to one close to home???????????

You know what mate I knew you were havin a laugh hahahaha just thought maybe I was being thick :wonder::wonder:

Nice one

LuckyWelshchap 21 July 2014 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by PsychoB (Post 11473421)
You know what mate I knew you were havin a laugh hahahaha just thought maybe I was being thick :wonder::wonder:

Nice one

No probs :thumb:

Anyway, need to bump this.

Surely there's someone in Essex or close by who's had their car dyno'd and can help you?

Google says Redline Tuning in Basildon and At Speed Racing in Rayleigh.
Sling in '4wd rolling road essex' and there's a few forum posts as well (tho' a bit old).

PsychoB 22 July 2014 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap (Post 11473596)
No probs :thumb:

Anyway, need to bump this.

Surely there's someone in Essex or close by who's had their car dyno'd and can help you?

Google says Redline Tuning in Basildon and At Speed Racing in Rayleigh.
Sling in '4wd rolling road essex' and there's a few forum posts as well (tho' a bit old).

I also asked "oh google" and got the same, I'm hoping someone will recommend a decent place as I've never done it before and wanna find somewhere that's honest.

LuckyWelshchap 23 July 2014 12:57 AM

BAH !

Looks like you're "still hoping".

Come on, surely The Only Way Is Essex's best Rolling Road ?????????

PsychoB 23 July 2014 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap (Post 11474304)
BAH !

Looks like you're "still hoping".

Come on, surely The Only Way Is Essex's best Rolling Road ?????????

#TOWIE RR

Matt_STi 23 July 2014 03:16 PM

You could message any of the main members from TOWIE, they all have R8's, Range Rovers and even Lambo's if they are regulars. They obviously are car fanatics so would surely know! Not that I watch it or anything.....:D