ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   3 baby seats in a Cayenne? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1008139-3-baby-seats-in-a-cayenne.html)

SinghSuperStud 16 July 2014 10:28 AM

3 baby seats in a Cayenne?

Sorry for sticking this in here rather than 'other marques' but looking for a quick answer and needed more exposure :)

Can I get 3 baby seats across the back bench of a Porsche Cayenne?

Obviously talking about 'average' size seats as opposed to massive ones that you can get!!

Been looking at Cayennes or Range Rovers to replace my current one (written-off) but will need a wide back row .... don't want to go 7 seater just yet.

Cheers

Matteeboy 16 July 2014 10:31 AM

We squeezed two booster seats and a baby seat into the back of our M135i last night; I'm sure a Cayenne would be a much easier fit!

SinghSuperStud 16 July 2014 10:33 AM

Thanks Matteeboy

I want to go with 3 x baby seats (eldest is small framed and would prefer to keep her in a supportive baby seat).

I think the Cayenne back bench is slightly curved or the outside seats have 'padded' supports which may mean it's smaller.

Any scare stories of these cars from anybody??

Cheers

Matteeboy 16 July 2014 10:48 AM

From a US forum;
The Cayenne only has two "ISOFIX," or latch," attachments; on the outer seats. But conventional car seats, even the older Porsche ones that you can get at claireparts.com for under $150 can easily be used because there are three full seatbelts in the rear. The only real difference in safety is that it will take you a tad bit longer to put in and take out the seat. My opinion: Get two latch seats for the outer seats and in the inside get a fairly thin profile conventional car seat, such as the Recaro child seats. Or, go for 3 of the recaro's because they look awesome. I don't reccomend the Lexus GX or the Volvo, I considered both as cheaper alternatives to the Cayenne S but they just can't compare.

No heard any horror stories; I think they're all pretty solid.

SinghSuperStud 16 July 2014 10:53 AM

Cheers Matteboy - what would you and others go for?

I like my power and my last Vogue was LPG'd so I got the best of both words. I am looking at:

Porsche Cayenne S (LPG'd already or by my guy)

or

2005 onwards Range Rover Vogue (I've seen one with the 2010 facelift)

They are both luxury/premium brands but stuck! The CAyennes are going cheaper and even factoring in the LPG install (£2k'ish) they are still coming in under the price of the Range Rover (not massively but about £1k-£1.5k)

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!

Matteeboy 16 July 2014 10:59 AM

I think the Porsche would be a lot more reliable. RRs are made of cheese. Nice when they work though.

SinghSuperStud 16 July 2014 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11470133)
I think the Porsche would be a lot more reliable. RRs are made of cheese. Nice when they work though.

I think I'll have to go and find a local Cayenne and take it for a drive and 'size-it up'

I know what you mean about the cheese - luckily I didn't have much wrong with mine as it was BMW engine (same as the one I'm looking at)

I think part of me is just being snobbish and wanting the car that looks the most expensive :freak3:

SinghSuperStud 16 July 2014 11:19 AM

Just googled and people are saying stay away from pre 2007 S models as the engine has a habit of giving up the ghost! Either an S after that year or a turbo-s is the option it seems

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 16 July 2014 12:39 PM

Worst "Hey everybody, I'm buying a Porsche Cayenne" post ever.

SinghSuperStud 16 July 2014 12:40 PM

Lol - definitely not like that!! I've decided against it anyway due to some reports about engine coatings etc on pre 2007 models (S).

Carnut 16 July 2014 12:49 PM

Whats wrong with a xc90? Much better family car and wont cost the earth if it goes wrong, clearly runing costs and reliability are an issue for you.
If its the image your concerned about then you can get some pretty good looking ones these days and more people are going to let you out of a side street.

SinghSuperStud 16 July 2014 12:51 PM

I've had an XC90 and I found it terribly bland (but safe :) )

The new model is out this or next year so I also think it could have knock-on effects to values of current models

thenewgalaxy 16 July 2014 01:08 PM

As a former 911 owner I fail to acknowledge the existence of two of the models in Porsche's current line up but the very sight of a Cayenne makes my skin crawl.

Best 4x4 I've driven is the X5, is there any reason why one of those is out of the reckoning?

If you're after a lot of space there is also the Q7, they're enormous inside.

SinghSuperStud 16 July 2014 01:13 PM

I see X5's ten to a penny round my neck of the woods and feel their shape is slightly dated now (although you could argue that the shape of the L322 Range Rover is the same also)

I've heard the opposite on the Q7's - namely that they are massive outside but quite small internally. I did look at these, particularly as the 3.0 TDI S line's are in my budget and there doesn't seem to be much that goes wrong but there don't seem to be many about with fully working electrics at my pricepoint at the moment.

Ta

hodgy0_2 16 July 2014 01:20 PM

does it have to be a 4X4 - can you get by with an estate

SinghSuperStud 16 July 2014 01:20 PM

I probably can but don't want to :D

Carnut 16 July 2014 01:37 PM

What about a discovery?

SinghSuperStud 16 July 2014 01:43 PM

Wife has put paid to a Disco 3 - doesn't like the 'box' shape

I find it's grown on me but you know what it's like :-/ lol

Carnut 16 July 2014 01:59 PM

Yeah I know what you mean, I wanted a discovery but the wife made me go and buy a Cayenne. As it happened the one I went to go and buy turned out to be crap so didn't bother in the end but would still like one.

DYK 16 July 2014 05:30 PM

Someone at work bought a new Porsche macan,I not really to keen on it.Had to laugh when I see was fitted with an ad blue tank :lol1:

bustaMOVEs 16 July 2014 05:37 PM

A mpv is what you need.
Mercedes r500?

Matteeboy 16 July 2014 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11470362)
A mpv is what you need.
Mercedes r500?

I'm not normally one for caring about looks but that is one MINGING car!

bustaMOVEs 16 July 2014 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11470368)
I'm not normally one for caring about looks but that is one MINGING car!

And with transmission, and air suspension issues :D

Zafira ticks the box though :)

Matteeboy 16 July 2014 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11470373)
And with transmission, and air suspension issues :D

Zafira ticks the box though :)

The choice of the angry dad.

I'd go for an S Max every time.

zip106 16 July 2014 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy (Post 11470216)
As a former 911 owner I fail to acknowledge the existence of two of the models in Porsche's current line up but the very sight of a Cayenne makes my skin crawl.

Best 4x4 I've driven is the X5, is there any reason why one of those is out of the reckoning?

If you're after a lot of space there is also the Q7, they're enormous inside.

And the other model is?

bustaMOVEs 16 July 2014 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11470401)

Lol.

Yep agree smax is a good reasonably priced choice, I looked into them a while back, very roomy and slightly luxury. But can see myself in a mpv so stuck with the estates.

hodgy0_2 16 July 2014 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11470401)

Yep, if I was not addicted to large 4x4's it would be an SMax

I think in The right colour with the right wheels they look pretty cool

Matteeboy 16 July 2014 08:11 PM

I'd never actually get an MPV but if for some reason I gave up on life and suddenly hated cars, it would be an SMax.

Aaron1978 16 July 2014 08:21 PM

Something like this maybe? I know it has 7 seats but still.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...r-auto/2305685

hodgy0_2 16 July 2014 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11470462)
I'd never actually get an MPV but if for some reason I gave up on life and suddenly hated cars, it would be an SMax.

Agreed, a sign that you have no self worth and have essentially given up

But if i had to, then it would be an SMax