ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Cook's last stand ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/1007854-cooks-last-stand.html)

Funkii Munkii 11 July 2014 04:19 PM

Cook's last stand ?

Another dour performance from Cook, Moores et al

The poor lad needs a rest, that said I've not been over excited with Moores coming back, we're getting worse if anything......:mad:

An0n0m0us 16 July 2014 01:46 PM

I can't see us winning against India but at least the whitewash has been avoided. There is no one batsman in the team who you can point at finger at say he is a threat or World class. Long gone are the days where we would have someone like Robin Smith, Graham Thorpe, Hick, Gooch, Gatting, Lamb.... oooooh I could write a long list here... to be looked upon by the opposition as a key wicket to take. There is only one World class player in the team and that's Anderson and he is relied upon all too much.

The current squad is mediocre at best not helped by in my opinion a tactically appalling captain which in turn has ruined his batting.

Don't even get me started on Moores coming back. There is only one person who should and could be sorting out English cricket and the ECB know it but Hell will freeze over first - and that's Botham.

Funkii Munkii 16 July 2014 02:17 PM

India last won a series away from home in 2011 against W.I and that was also their last test win away from home, so let's not make excuses for ourselves too soon lol

Agree with your Botham comments. most Cricket fans have been saying it for 20 years :lol1:

dpb 18 July 2014 01:22 PM

I think I could do better job

An0n0m0us 18 July 2014 03:41 PM

The best thing about this series so far is Warne and the rest of the commentators/pundits. They rip it out of Nasser and make some top comments, especially Warne :lol1: The posh comments/p!ss taking about Gower never get boring.

I bet they love going to work, seems like a right old boys club where they are just on one big jolly all Summer.

An0n0m0us 21 July 2014 02:15 PM

Just how thick are our players? The field is set for the catch off the short ball/hook and they fall for it every bloody ball. It's quite unbelievable they are that stupid.

Cook has to go.

An0n0m0us 21 July 2014 02:48 PM

Two words describe that England perfomance... fcuking spanners

:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

Funkii Munkii 21 July 2014 05:34 PM

You're being overly generous imo

Prior must be sh1tting it as well, there was a time where he'd come in in such situations and shore up the innings, not any longer.

Cook is/was never a natural captain and coupled with Moores it was always going to end like this.

This is the worst Indian side I have ever see and we made them look good :cuckoo:

An0n0m0us 21 July 2014 08:27 PM

Well the next test is at my local ground but do I want to take a days holiday and spend money going to see that bunch of muppets? Only if anyone else on here fancies a few beers and heckling Cook :lol1:

Funkii Munkii 22 July 2014 03:10 PM

My local as well :D sadly no leave left after two trips to Brazil recently :(

I always thought you lived in Kent for some reason ;)

An0n0m0us 22 July 2014 03:52 PM

:lol1: I did Funkii but moved to the New Forest area beginning of the year. Not made me follow the Saints yet though.

stedee 22 July 2014 03:56 PM

strauss used to play it too safe and cook as followed that regime, strauss had the players to pull it off and the backing of the team, you could tell he was a good leader.
you can tell cook isnt.

Funkii Munkii 23 July 2014 12:32 AM

Prior followed my advice I see,still a shame though, I enjoyed a lot of his innings.

richie001 27 July 2014 12:40 AM

I see KP been sticking the knife in.