ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Good Morning Delhi (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1007737-good-morning-delhi.html)

daviee 09 July 2014 05:13 PM

Good Morning Delhi

Some serious lack of road awareness. :cuckoo:

dpb 09 July 2014 05:38 PM

I think there's plenty awareness, just a slight shortage of self preservation

Having said that some of those junctions don't look too clever.

There must have some fatalities in that clip I'm afraid

Turbohot 09 July 2014 05:57 PM

Not just Delhi, rest of India is like that. ****e road sense, no road rules and lethal roads. You have to circumvent the holy cow sitting in the middle of the road, but you daren't move it. A few years ago at least ten people could conveniently pass their driving test together in one car at the same time; with a bit of backhanding. Apparently it's better now i.e. down to five at one time, I hear.

kingofturds 09 July 2014 06:40 PM

Quality driving..

ALi-B 09 July 2014 07:01 PM

Strange how it involves mostly Pedestrians, bikes, 4x4s, trucks and buses....very little "car on car"

I have similar issues with drivers of those in the UK too. ;)

dpb 09 July 2014 07:02 PM

Delhi isn't even on the Indus

andy97 09 July 2014 07:33 PM

I was chatting to this woman who said she was brought up in India. She mentioned how bad traffic was and the mentality that if it's your day to die, so be it, crazy attitude.

Whilst being taken to school their driver accidently hit a cow, they managed to get out the car but the poor driver was beaten to death over a cow!

dpb 09 July 2014 07:48 PM

Only God knows the number of your days....

chrisowe 09 July 2014 09:20 PM

They need traffic lights.

richs2891 09 July 2014 09:46 PM

Wow that is really bad as you can see what is going to happen a mile off, its almost funny.

Don't think traffic light will help, not sure what would help - they just seem to lack basic common sense & awareness in regards to driving and surrounding. Maybe less vehicles on the road would help ?

Richard

BoozyDave 09 July 2014 10:00 PM

I can't understand the mentality of people over there

dpb 09 July 2014 10:08 PM

You're adrift, by quite a few thousand miles

BoozyDave 09 July 2014 10:15 PM

oops

just deleted link :thumb:

Miniman 10 July 2014 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by chrisowe (Post 11465941)
They need traffic lights.

They ignore traffic lights. Went I was there (not Delhi, but another massive city), they had plenty of lights and I think that actually made it worst.

When one direction gets a green light, many of the others continue to pull out, creeping left is popular. But there are lots that still try to get the last second of the green light and get across the junction. Or bikes and mopeds simply ignoring the lights and going around cars waiting to pull in/out.

It seemed to me that when there were no lights on some of the smaller junctions, they actually excised caution and I didn't see the RLJ so much. So every entry to the junction was slower.

A lot don't wear helmets or any sort of protective gear, though it is a law for helmets.

Saw lots of traffic police around, but really they appeared only for directing traffic not enforcing law. They also managed to keep order on junctions too.

The thing I found most funny was the fact that on a wide two lane traffic light stop over here, you get the correct 2 cars at the front of the queue, one in each lane. I found that over there, a wide junction was just an excuse to pack as many cars, lorries and bikes into the front as possible. 2 lanes turned into a 4 across the front, with loads of bikes fitting into the gaps as could be fitted. Generally that tended to stop and no one competely jumped a red, light, though many predicted the green, but going as soon as the opposing lane had stopped.

dpb 10 July 2014 09:57 AM

They didn't have robots. ( traffic lights ) for most of the South Africa we went to..
It seemed to work just as well as without them tbh

First car to arrive at junction has right of way

You'd imagine it must save a small fortune on infrastructure as well

stilover 10 July 2014 07:32 PM

They all just seem to bounce, then get up again!